So, the date’s long been set, your travel plans are in order, the room is booked, the gift is bought … that being said, what are you going to wear to this summer wedding!? Fear not, folks — The Style Guide is here to help in a pinch. How to dress for a summer wedding is really a conundrum any way you slice it; it could be outdoors and it could be hot, you could be in a more casual location … the answer, my friends, can be found in the #OOTD below, featuring a classic navy blazer from the likes of Taylor Stitch, plus stylish leather loafers, classic tan chinos and plenty of other #menswear fun. We’re toeing the line between formal and too casual, as it seems most weddings do these days. Let’s not overthink it too much, and after all, you’ve got more important things to worry about (celebrating the wedding!). That being said, you’ve still got to look sharp – that’s where a classic leather watch comes into play, not to mention some Hardworking Gentlemen Medium Hold Paste — more on the specifics in a second. Again, we’re keeping it casual but crisp, and ready to take on the heat — wait until you see the summer style hack we deploy below. Check out the full #OOTD and feel free to let me know what you think over on Twitter. Cheers!
- The Jacket: Taylor Stitch Telegraph Jacket, $298 — There’s no wrong way to wear stylish suiting from Taylor Stitch, and the Telegraph Jacket is handsome, sharp & not over-the-top — plus, it’s lined in cotton chambray for breathability.
- The Shirt: Wellen Double Cloth Short-Sleeve Shirt, $68 — Bear with me here. The wedding is outside. It’s hot. There are very few ties being worn. And to stay cool before you ditch your suit jacket for the dance floor? Wear this stylish short-sleeve shirt from Wellen.
- The Chinos: Mollusk Surf Shop Chinos, $98 — Like I said, we’re keeping it casual — these slim chinos are breathable and polished enough for a more laidback wedding (not too laidback, though!). Plus, they’ll look mighty fine with your
- stylish short-sleeve shirt from Wellen.
- The Dress Shoes: Astorflex Patnoflex, $175 — Leave the lace-up dress shoes at home (or at least consider it), because these stylish leather slip-ons are all you need to nail a casual wedding look.
- The Watch: Timex x Todd Snyder Welton Bi-Metal Watch, $158 — There’s something pleasingly sharp and refined about this throwback-inspired watch — the perfect dress watch for a summer wedding.
- The Sunglasses: Pacifico Optical Buckler Sunglasses, $164.98 — Like we said, if the wedding or cocktail hour is outdoors, you’ll need the right gear — like stylish sunglasses from Pacifico Optical, ehh?
- The Pomade: Hardworking Gentlemen Medium Hold Paste, $26 — Showing up to a wedding isn’t about just rolling out of bed — it’s about looking your best. Hence, this Hardworking Gentlemen Medium Hold Paste. Perfect for a fresh summer ‘do.
- The Travel Bag: Filson Dryden 2-Wheel Carry-On, $295 — Hey, you’re going to need at least one bag to get to the wedding,and this tough two-wheel suitcase is the way to go (A tip: Wear the Telegraph Jacket onto your plane, paired with slim dark jeans and a light blue Oxford).
OK, do you at least feel a little more prepared when it comes to what to wear to your next summer wedding? Undoubtedly, you’re going to want to stay cool and sharp — a stylish short-sleeve shirt from Wellen could be the key to achieving that, and no one needs to know you’ve ditched your sleeves. Elsewhere, it all starts out up top with stylish suiting from Taylor Stitch, the ideal way to meet any dressy occasion if you prefer to not be so stuffy. The choice of pants matters here, too — avoid pleats in favor of slim chinos in a classic material and color — they’ll sit nicely atop your stylish leather slip-ons, again a reliable choice in the warm weather for keeping cool. Leave your sport shades at home, too — a pair of stylish sunglasses from Pacifico Optical are going to look nice and refined as the topper on this #OOTD. Perhaps the real topper, though? Your fresh summer haircut, finished off with some Hardworking Gentlemen Medium Hold Paste.Naturally, your watch is every bit as crucial as the other components of this look, so aim for the perfect dress watch, here made perfectly by Timex and Todd Snyder. And to make sure all your gear (and your gift) gets to the wedding in one piece? Grab a tough two-wheel suitcase for the jaunt. If you follow these tips, I can’t guarantee you’ll be the best-dressed guy at the wedding, but you’ll be quite close. Again, cheers!