Perhaps you’ve got a stylish pair of black denim in your closet — perhaps you’re even wearing that pair now. But lest you think that classic black jeans only work on the weekends or as you dress to head to a rock concert … think again. It’s 2019, and with that, we’re diving in today to examine how to wear jeans to the office this winter. And our featured product checks all the right boxes — the Flint and Tinder Jet Black Jeans ($118) are as good as it gets. Again, you’re not putting on just any old pair of jeans and calling it a day — wearing a stylish pair of black denim to the office only works if the jeans in question are sleek and well-fitting, not baggy or overly faded. And you’ve got to complement that outfit the right way — in this case, a classic sweater from Taylor Stitch stands in for a blazer in terms of cool-yet-crisp style, while rugged leather boots from Nisolo substitute for dress shoes. We’re also sticking with an office-ready watch, a slim brown leather belt, and — naturally — an investment-level peacoat. I’ll let you figure out the rest below, though. To see how I’m dressing for the office this winter, head to my Instagram. Thanks for reading!
Slim jeans, plus a dependable sweater and stylish leather boots, make for a perfect office #OOTD.
- The Slim Black Denim: Flint and Tinder Jet Black Jeans, $118 — Every guy needs a pair of stylish black denim in his closet — and yes, with a slim cut and a cool color, you can wear ’em to the office.
- The Sweater: Taylor Stitch Rangeley Sweater, $168 — Shake up your winter sweater game with a classic sweater from Taylor Stitch — attainable, premium layering for winter.
- The Shirt: Faherty Brand Melange Oxford Shirt, $118 — Can’t get enough of Faherty Brand? Neither can I. This classic Oxford shirt is less refined than a dress shirt, yet still polished, so you can certainly wear it for a casual day on the clock.
- The Peacoat: Billy Reid Bond Peacoat, $695 — How are you fighting winter’s chill on your commute or your lunch break? Answer: A classic peacoat from Billy Reid.
- The Boots: Nisolo Andres All-Weather Boots, $288 — Looking for sleek leather boots that are made to take on the weather? Nisolo has you covered.
- The Stylish Casual Watch: Zodiac Chrono Quartz Watch, $495 — The right blend of office-ready style and everyday durability is a tricky one — this stylish casual watch from Zodiac checks all the right boxes, though.
- The Socks: CHUP Fika Socks, $35 — We didn’t say you could skimp on your stylish socks, did we? CHUP makes some of the best pairs around — that’s a fact.
- The Winter Grooming Essential: Bespoke Post Groomed Box, $45 — When you sign up for Bespoke Post, you get access to grooming essentials like these at a low price. You’re going to look great at the office in every possible way.
- The Belt: Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt in Whiskey, $88 — As I say nearly every week, accessories shouldn’t fall by the wayside — this classic leather belt from Taylor Stitch proves that quite easily.
- The Everyday Bag: Filson 24-Hour Tin Cloth Brief, $395 — Getting around in winter is a different beast — a rugged everyday bag from Filson is up to the challenge of the season’s worst.
Winter again demands that you navigate the chilly weather and nasty storms in style without missing a beat — that’s exceptionally true if you’re heading to the office. Again, that doesn’t mean you need to shelve your stylish black denim until the weekend. In fact, it means you need to step up the rest of your game accordingly. So, I’d recommend you throw on a classic peacoat from Billy Reid, then accessorize the rest of your outfit with pieces like the Taylor Stitch Rangeley Sweater — it’s a truly classic winter sweater that provides comfort and refined style. It should be complemented quite nicely by an equally classic Oxford shirt from our friends at Faherty Brand — the premium fabric and timeless silhouette are winners in my book. Need to go even more tailored? Add a navy knit tie.
On the footwear front, you’re tackling the demands of navigating winter streets and also looking sharp for the office — enter sleek leather boots from the good folks at Nisolo. Your wrist game also should reflect both winter weather and office style, and the handsome Zodiac Chrono Quartz Watch makes that easy to do. Believe it or not, stylish socks from CHUP can also work nicely at the office — both as a conversation starter and an added touch of visual interest. Throwing on a classic leather belt from Taylor Stitch ties this whole outfit together quite nicely — don’t forget to bring your rugged everyday bag from Filson to your next meeting, though. The key with getting dressed for the office in winter all comes back to reaching for the right gear — gear that blends functionality with clean, classic style.
What do you think of this #OOTD? Join us via The Style Guide Facebook page.
You’ll know it when you see it — the arrival of this year’s polar vortex. Inevitably, and especially if you live in a place like NYC, it’ll catch you at the worst possible time. So, how to dress for the polar vortex this year? Stylishly and with functionality in mind, of course. That’s where today’s #OOTD takes us, so put on your rugged Danner boots and get ready. We’re kicking things off with a tough winter parka, and it only gets better from there (good news, the parka comes from Flint and Tinder). From there, it’s pretty critical that you throw on a rugged sweater for warmth, along with an office-ready flannel shirt from the good folks at Faherty Brand. But, today’s #OOTD is wearable for the office, you say? Of course — there’s work to be done, even during the polar vortex. That’s why we’re also recommending a rugged, casual watch and some surprisingly tailored chore pants. The point is, again, you need to dress for anything and everything, and I think this rugged-yet-reliable #OOTD is the way to go. What say you? Find out the rest of today’s gear picks for yourself below — stay warm!
Winter really doesn’t stand a chance — bundle up accordingly.
- The Jacket: Flint and Tinder Waxed Ridge Parka, $398 — The good folks at Flint and Tinder never fail to come through with amazing men’s style essentials, like this tough winter parka. Your new favorite winter jacket? Possibly.
- The Rugged Sweater: Peregrine Waffle Crew Neck Jumper, $140 — You know those mornings when it’s too cold to go outside or do much of anything? This insanely warm winter sweater changes all that.
- The Classic Shirt: Faherty Brand Brushed Apline Flannel Shirt, $148 — And the proper shirt to pair with that winter sweater? A classic flannel shirt from Faherty Brand, of course.
- The Boots: Danner Raptor Boots, $240 — I really do love the boots churned out by Danner season after season — personally, the Raptor Boots have proven exceedinly comfortable, and pretty darn tough on top of that. Perfect for the polar vortex.
- The Pants: Flint and Tinder Mill Pants, $98 — The polar vortex demands that you dress accordingly — hence, these tough chore pants to stomp through snow.
- The Must-Have Weekender: Buffalo Jackson Dakota Weekender, $294.98 — Heading somewhere in spite of the snow? Just trying to haul your gear to your cabin or to your next job? This rugged weekender bag is perhaps the best new bag to buy now.
- The Socks: Anonymousism MOC Pile Crew Socks, $22.50 — We talked about the boots to buy for this #OOTD, now let’s talk about the stylish socks you need on your feet. Anonymousism makes each pair with form and function in mind.
- The Watch: Huckberry x Lum-Tec Combat B-42 Watch, $499 — Although you’re dealing with a blizzard, that’s no time to let your accessories slip. This rugged, casual watch is an excellent option for winter.
- The Tough Leather Gloves: Give’r 4-Season Waxed Gloves, $114 — Again, your accessories need to stay on point and carry you through the storm in style — these are an essential pair of winter gloves, no questions asked.
- The Everyday Carry Essential: Taylor Stitch Drop Point Knife, $68 — In the spirit of getting the job done, you might find this Taylor Stitch Drop Point Knife handy if you’re tackling chores or projects outside.
Now, the polar vortex might seem tricky in matters of both style and survival — but it’s all about outfitting yourself accordingly. In my mind, that starts with new favorite winter jacket from Flint and Tinder. I’d say it’s one of the best men’s winter jackets out there, and it only gets better when you layer it over a classic flannel shirt from Faherty Brand, along with that insanely warm winter sweater we discussed earlier. The rest of your gear is truly on-point, too. Take those tough chore pants and the Danner Raptor Boots — there’s nearly no stopping you now. But wait, there’s more! Throw in a rugged, casual watch, grab an essential pair of winter gloves, then top it off by packing up a rugged weekender bag for whatever the day throws your way. Lest we forget, the Taylor Stitch Drop Point Knife is a handy everyday carry essential, and stylish socks are always a must-have. Now all you need is a roaring fire and a glass of whiskey — right? Right. Good luck out there, stay warm & stay stylish!
First off: Happy New Year! It’s wild to be entering 2019, but I’m excited you’re joinining us (for the first time as a Style Guide reader or as a seasoned vet!), and I’m ready to get to work when it comes to the best men’s style essentials to start the new year. Flipping the calendar to 2019 is an excellent time for reflection and reevaluation, and that’s certainly true in terms of the way you dress, whether you’re looking for tips on how to dress for the office, how to prepare for a cozy winter weekend or what to wear to your favorite brewery. Seriously, it’s all on the table, and each situation calls for the proper approach — and the proper gear, of course. And if you want to make some quick, easy and relatively affordable men’s style upgrades to start the new year, you’re in luck. We’re coming at you today with a rugged men’s field coat around which to build your entire outfit, and we’ve also got investment-level leather boots in the mix, not to mention a stylish henley and slim canvas trousers from my friends at Faherty Brand. Those are just the main building blocks — I’d encourage you to mix and match these pieces for the office, the weekend or a winter getaway, or break them all out at once. It can be done — fear not, my friends. The overall point is that the new year calls for, well, a new you. At least in a small sense. If that sounds like a plan, and if you want to learn more about some of the best new men’s gear to wear anywhere, then let’s get to work.
The right gear to wear to start the new year — perfectly rugged and essential.
- The Classic Field Coat: Peregrine Waxed Bexley Jacket, $299 — One of the easiest ways to up your style in the new year? Throwing on a rugged field coat.
- The Shirt: Bridge and Burn Bedford Heather Shirt, $128 — Touted by the brand as the “perfect camping shirt,” this classic shirt is a timeless style that’s easy to layer and cut from soft, comfortable fabric, whether you’re doing some winter exploration or merely sidling up to the bar.
- The Classic Henley: Flint and Tinder Slub Waffle Henley, $62 — The ideal base layer beneath that rugged winter shirt? A stylish henley from Flint and Tinder.
- The Pants: Faherty Brand Stretch Canvas Trousers, $148 — Another easy way to upgrade your style? Reaching for durable, slim-fit pants featuring tough fabric and the same cut as your favorite jeans. Faherty Brand does it again.
- The Rugged Leather Boots: Original Chippewa Service Boots, $279 — Never underestimate the power of a stylish pair of leather boots to start off the new year, like these.
- The Belt: Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt in Whiskey, $88 — We told you not to underestimate the utility of stylish leather boots — the same can be said for this classic leather belt. A perfect style upgrade for 2019 and beyond.
- The Socks: CHUP Joiku Socks, $35 — Need new socks for the new year? Of course you do. CHUP makes some of the best men’s socks you can buy, hands down.
- The Gloves: Give’r 4-Season Leather Gloves, $114 — We’re all about rugged, durable accessories — these leather gloves from Give’r also happen to be highly stylish.
- The Everyday Carry Essential: Bespoke Post Point Box, $45 — You’ll truly never know when you’ll need to break out your everyday carry essentials — this Bespoke Post box helpfully has ’em all.
- The Hat: United By Blue Mariner Beanie, $19.60 — A stylish beanie for under $20 is the ideal way to keep warm and add some colorful flair to this 2019-ready outfit.
Hopefully by now, you see that upgrading your style for the new year reolves around taking certain style staples and stepping up your game ever so slightly — hence, the new rugged field coat to wear anywhere and everywhere, especially when paired with a classic winter shirt and a stylish henley from Flint and Tinder. The other basic pieces of this outfit, from the colorful United By Blue beanie cap to the classic leather belt from Taylor Stitch, happen to get the job done and offer up timeless, everyday appeal — exactly the right look you should be going for to start the new year. I also can’t recommend Faherty Brand enough — these purveyors of West Coast cool make a heck of a pair of slim-fit trousers for the office and the weekend. On the footwear front, you’re never going to go wrong with some of the best men’s leather boots out there, this time from Original Chippewa — wear ’em as much as you can this winter. Other accessories also do their part, including stylish leather gloves and the excellent Bespoke Post Point Box — several items you should never leave the house without. Again, the small details are also important to start the new year — that’s why you need a pair of the best men’s socks to round out this outfit. And with all that being said, I think this #OOTD is one heck of a way to look put-together and stylish to start 2019. If you agree, feel free to let me know your thoughts over on Twitter. Thanks for reading and here’s to a great year!
Looking for the perfect men’s style essentials when it comes down to what to wear for New Year’s Eve? Well, that’s easy — and you’re in luck. Yessir, it all starts with shopping the below picks in today’s new #OOTD. Oh, and while we’re at it … Merry Christmas! With this laidback holiday in the books (are you wearing something like this casual ensemble?), it’s time to turn our attention toward a more refined, dressy night. New Year’s Eve presents a multitude of options — maybe you’re hitting the town for dinner and drinks … and then the club (gasp)? Maybe you happen to be hosting a refined get-together of your own. Maybe you’re traveling to see friends and family. Maybe it’s a night at home. Whatever the occasion, and barring any black tie dress code, the below #OOTD has what you need. From a warm, stylish wool blazer to a tailored dress shirt from Taylor Stitch, we’re going with a sharp look up top. Don’t forget a classic topcoat, either. And on your bottom half, we’ve got the goods you need to get around slippery streets in style. Think slim black jeans paired up with some of the best leather boots money can buy — and don’t sleep on the seriously cool black-and-brown combo here; to me, it just works. Elsewhere, stylish leather gloves keep you warm on the streets, as do unique patterned socks. Will this ensemble work for you? Only time will tell, right?
The right,mix of edgy — slim black denim — and refined (a tailored topcoat and slim dress shirt). Perfect to ring in the new year.
- The Topcoat: O.N.S Clothing Grant Topcoat, $528 — Wherever you go this New Year’s Eve, I’d bet you’re going to want to stay warm. This slim topcoat is timeless no matter what your plans involve.
- The Blazer: Grayers Hutton Wool Sportcoat, $195 — Hey, New Year’s Eve can be a pretty dressy night, right? This tailored wool blazer is polished without going full-on tuxedo.
- The Shirt: Taylor Stitch The Hyde Shirt, $75.98 — While you could always go more casual and wear a rugged chambray shirt, a stylish dress shirt (sans tie) never fails.
- The Slim Denim: Taylor Stitch Democratic Jeans in Kuroki Mills Black Selvage, $145 — More great menswear from Taylor Stitch, in the form of some of the best men’s black denim you can buy.
- The Rugged Boots: Original Chippewa Service Boots (Huckberry Exclusive), $279 — These stylish brown leather boots are a winter-ready NYE footwear pick, and they look pretty slick paired up with slim black denim.
- The Socks: CHUP Secado Socks, $35 — We’re keeping things pretty neutral in terms of color in this outfit, so subtly stylish patterned socks are a nice move here.
- The Watch: Jack Mason Camp Watch, $195 — With the durability of a field watch and the style of a classic leather dress watch, this timepiece is a winner for the night.
- The Gloves: Hestra Samuel Gloves, $135 — We mentioned that you needed casual accessories that keep you warm, and these high-quality leather gloves look great, too.
- The Grooming Essential: Buckler’s Daily Defense Kit, $68 — Winter can play tricks on your skin — and New Year’s Eve is no time to let that happen. Use these grooming essentials to look your best (and maybe snag a New Year’s Eve kiss!?)
New Year’s Eve is a great time to put together all of your favorite winter style essentials in one go-anywhere outfit. From casual drinks at home to an evening on the town, there’s no denying that pieces like a slim topcoat are going to prove essential (and warm!) no matter what. Top off your look with a casual wool blazer that just so happens to be polished and crisp — alongside a classic slim dress shirt, of course. It’s a look that’s going to win you compliments no matter where you go, and the same can be said of pairing it all with black selvage jeans that A) Wear like dress pants and B) Just so happen to be some of the best men’s black denim on the market. Your footwear is also critical, especially when roads and sidewalks can get icy and snowy. That, my friends, is where a pair of stylish brown leather boots come into play — especially a pair from Original Chippewa. And when the time comes to slip off your boots?
You needn’t worry about looking out of place, because stylish patterned socks from CHUP more than get the job done — again, it’s the little details that win you praise from family and friends, right? On that front, high-quality leather gloves will keep you warm without missing a beat — no overly technical gloves here. New Year’s Eve is also a time to break out the best on your wrist, so a classic leather dress watch more than fits the bill. Last but certainly not least, a handy trio of grooming essentials are the easy way to look your best — and impress your date or your partner. Those are all the pieces of the puzzle to put togher for one heck of an #OOTD. As we close out 2018, thanks so much for reading — just know that before the year is up, we’ll have plenty more style content on the way!
Folks, it’s coming right up — we’re talking, of course, about Christmas. Perhaps you’ve made it through the holiday party gauntlet and are winding things down to enjoy the day at home … but I doubt it. No sir, this time of year calls for nothing but the best men’s style essentials, even if you’re simply relaxing with a small group of family or friends at home or on the road. And that’s where today’s #OOTD enters the fray. Just like dressing for a stylish winter weekend, even time off the clock calls for gear that’s warm, functional and … heck, just plain fun. So, that’s what we’re going with today. Whether you’re hosting a laidback dinner party, powering through a family game night or heading out for a Christmas round at your favorite brewery, this ensemble nods toward the season without forcing you to put on an ugly sweater. In fact, the stylish Faherty Brand cardigan pictured below is just the opposite.That’s also the case with the classic Faherty Brand flannel shirt that’s part of this look, too. The same can be said for the rest of our picks, right on down to the rugged leather boots and a slim leather wallet to help you get around with ease. Again, it’s all about staying polished and looking your best — Christmas is a special occasion, after all. To check out more holiday style suggestions, read our #OOTD series. Happy holidays!
Start things off with a classic cardigan & flannel shirt from Faherty Brand — it only gets better from there.
- The Cardigan: Faherty Brand Marled Cotton Cardigan, $288 — Made with a blend of four types of cotton cashmere, this stylish sweater is rugged, easy to wear and made to keep you nice and toasty around the fire this Christmas.
- The Shirt: Faherty Brand Stretch Seaview Flannel Shirt, $128 — Just what the doctor ordered — a versatile, classic flannel shirt made from organic cotton in a pleasing pattern that nods toward the holiday season.
- The Classic Denim: Flint and Tinder White Oak Jeans, $98 — White Oak denim is gettting exceedingly difficult to come by — these are casual enough for home, sharp enough for work.
- The Classic Peacoat: Billy Reid Bond Peacoat, $695 — There’s nothing quite like the feeling you get when you put on an heirloom-quality coat — this sharp peacoat from Billy Reid will impress holiday guests and your co-workers, no question.
- The Boots: Thursday Boots Caramel Wingtip Boots, $220 — Thursday Boots continues to churn out arguably the best men’s boots you can buy. This pair of rugged leather boots is a stylish and functional holiday footwear move.
- The Socks: Anoymous Ism Indigo Cable Crew Socks, $40 — There’s no way around it — Anonymous Ism makes some of the best socks for men on the market. These are socks you can be proud of when you slip off your shoes.
- The Watch: Martenero Ace Watch, $411.98 — It wouldn’t be an #OOTD without a stylish leather watch. This Martenero watch is rugged and yet ever-so-slightly dressy.
- The Slim Leather Wallet: Tanner Goods Minimal Card Wallet, $40 — A refined stylish leather wallet that’s not bulky or hard to slide into your pocket — perfect for travel or for picking up that first (or second) round.
- The Stylish Scarf: American Trench Cashmere Scarf in Navy, $180 — This cashmere scarf is simply stunning in terms of quality and classic style — ideal for braving the chill as you head to a holiday party.
- The Grooming Essential: Dr. Roebuck’s Down Under Collagen Boosting Eye Treatment, $38 — The holiday season makes it far too easy to overindulge — but with this effective collagen-boosting eye treatment from Australia, you won’t look like you have.
Now, who’s ready for Christmas? I sure am — if you take the steps outlined in this #OOTD, I think you will be, too. Warm, comfortable and stylish layers will never steer you wrong, even if you’re only spending the evening at home with your significant other — that’s where Faherty Brand comes in. A rugged cotton cardigan is easy to layer over a classic flannel shirt, and that combo is tied together nicely with slim Flint and Tinder jeans featuring White Oak denim. Crisp blue denim is a reliable style option in any season, let alone the holidays — the same can be said for the stylish leather boots we’ve got on tap from Thursday Boots. They’ll provide both traction and style on slippery surfaces, and they’re complemented quite well by the refined nature of the Bond Peacoat from Billy Reid. On-point accessories are also a must, hence a stylish leather wallet and Anonymous Ism socks that’ll impress your guests. Staying warm shouldn’t fall by the wayside, either — an American Trench cashmere scarf provides both protection from the elements and a dash of refined style. And a collagen-boosting eye treatment is but a small way to add a little life to your grooming routine — no matter how much eggnog you have. How are you dressing for the holidays? Feel free to let me know on Twitter!
When can a piece of outerwear come to define your whole outfit? Easy. When it’s a classic peacoat
with a name that speaks for itself — the Billy Reid Bond Peacoat
. It’s a piece of outerwear that’s quickly become a coveted, new classic, and that makes it more than deserving of leading off today’s #OOTD
. As to the rest of the ensemble, it’s packed full of the sort of pieces that are going to work at the office or at your holiday party — or perhaps on the road for holiday travel, if you’re feeling particularly dressy. That is to say, Taylor Stitch
comes through with handsome trousers, Viberg enters the equation with some of the best men’s boots
out there, WP Standard supplies your new favorite messenger bag
, and brands like American Trench
are here with stylish socks to keep you warm and on your toes this winter. The right coat really can make all the difference — it can elevate your outfit, impress your date or your partner, even charm your in-laws (OK, maybe not). Be sure to keep your skin in shape with men’s grooming essentials
, then consider your holiday and office dressing all set. Again, when you start with a jacket that speaks for itself, most of your work is done. Read on to find out more, and head to my Instagram
to see how I’m getting dressed this winter.
A beautifully made peacoat that’s going to elevate many a winter ensemble.
- The Classic Peacoat: Billy Reid Bond Peacoat, $695 — An absurdly amazing, classic peacoat made to heirloom-quality standards. Famously worn by Daniel Craig as James Bond in “Skyfall”‘.
- The Shirt: Taylor Stitch Jack Shirt in White Everyday Oxford, $98 — You’re not surprised to see a stylish Taylor Stitch shirt in the mix, are you? The white Oxford is a stone-cold classic of which Bond would approve.
- The Trousers: Taylor Stitch Telegraph Trousers, $178 — Would you expect anything less than tailored trousers in a winter-friendly fabric from Taylor Stitch?
- The Boots: Viberg Hiker (Huckberry Exlusive), $426 — These rugged hiking boots from Viberg are absolutely something else. Get them now, wear ’em to the office and on the weekend.
- The Socks: American Trench Edo Flower Merino & Cashmere Socks, $29.50 — It’s always fun to see how American Trench updates its designs and quality season after season — these socks are dressy yet casual.
- The Watch: Jack Mason Aviator 3-Hand Watch, $165.98 — A subtly stylish watch from Texas-based Jack Mason Brand that blends function and rugged appeal perfectly.
- The Grooming Essentials: Duke Cannon Handsome Man Grooming Can, $75 — Packed with one-of-a-kind men’s grooming gear to keep your skin in mint condition this winter.
- The Everyday Bag: WP Standard Vintage Messenger, $295 — Again, if you follow me on Instagram, you know I love WP Standard and the brand’s stylish, heirloom-quality leather goods — like the WP Standard Vintage Messenger.
If you ask me, I think we’re looking at a heck of an #OOTD above. One that works for the office or a holiday party, one that offers crisp and dressy style as readily as it does functionality (thank those stylish hiking boots for that versatility). Things only get better when you start with the timeless Billy Reid Bond Peacoat and accent it with a stylish Taylor Stitch shirt (one that you can easily dress up even more with a layer like the Taylor Stitch Rangeley Sweater). Again, slim wool trousers should be a go-to with nearly any sharp outfit this winter, and it pays when you step into a pair of rugged winter boots to combat slippery surfaces out there. When it comes to accessories, your subtly stylish Jack Mason watch works in laidback or tailored situations, as do the American Trench socks pictured above. And especially if you find yourself headed to the office (or out on the road), the WP Standard Vintage Messenger is going to provide maximum style and the ability to keep your everyday carry essentials safe. The final ingredient in your recipe for success? Assuredly, it’s got to be men’s grooming gear from Duke Cannon. Now, how’s that for warm, stylish #OOTD that’s going to help you get the job done this winter? Feel free to connect with me on Twitter to let me know your thoughts. Thanks for reading!
Believe me, I love getting out of the office at the end of the day — and on the weekends especially — as much as the next guy. But there comes a time when you’ve got to put your nose to the grindstone, get to work and knock out that presentation or report. For all those days, this #OOTD — starting with none other than a classic navy blazer— is here to help. Better yet, it’s geared to help you dress for the office this winter (and we’re in for a long one, I feel). As you’ll see, we’re even throwing on a stylish wool tie today, offset by a classic casual shirt from our friends at Flint and Tinder. The real kicker comes with the fact that, since this is winter and all, we’ll be taking on the elements with a pair of rugged leather boots, along with some slim wool trousers. At the end of the day, this ensemble is going to look great, provide some warmth in winter weather (wear it with this Billy Reid coat), and give you your best chance at looking great. The best part? There’s no overly gaudy Christmas sweater in sight – — just the winter style essentials you know and love. You could very well be the best-dressed guy in the office, and it’s only going to get better this season. To keep up with more from the blog, head to The Style Guide Facebook page.
Between the buttondown shirt, the rugged boots and the crisp wool trousers … this is your new office #OOTD.
- The Blazer: Grayers Hutton Wool Sport Coat, $195 — A simple and subtly stylish, classic navy blazer never failed — right?
- The Shirt: Flint and Tinder Check Buttondown, $108 — Let’s nod toward fall and winter with this perfectly cut, American-made shirt from Flint and Tinder — shall we?
- The Tie: Pocket Square Clothing Simon Wool Tie, $56 — The curveball here comes from wearing a stylish tie that’s just slightly different in color from your jacket (a la James Bond in Morocco).
- The Trousers: Taylor Stitch Telegraph Trousers, $178 — The Telegraph Trousers are a well-tailored favorite back for another year. Your winter business go-to.
- The Boots: Allen Edmonds Normandy Cap Toe Boots, $295 — Yes, Allen Edmonds knows how to make a rugged-yet-dressy pair of boots, too.
- The Socks: CHUP Fika Socks, $35 — A pair of eyecatching socks like the CHUP Fika Socks are just enough to stand out — in the right way — at the water cooler.
- The Belt: Red Wing Heritage Pioneer Belt, $89 — Hey, you’re going to need a belt to hold up those Telegraph Trousers — might as well make it the Red Wing Heritage Pioneer Belt.
- The Watch: Jack Mason Aviator Watch, $195 — We’re all about subtle style essentials that stand out quietly — like this durable and office-ready Jack Mason watch.
Alright, that’s wrapping up this #OOTD today. What’s your favorite part? Does it mirror how you normally dress for the office? I’m all for mixing things up a bit with a patterned American-made shirt in a seasonally friendly color — plus, it handsomely accents the classic navy blazer. Better yet, a stylish wool tie gives you the chance to sharpen up just a bit. And you can’t really go wrong with the timeless Telegraph Trousers, an ideal complement to the rugged Allen Edmonds captoe boots. It’s an office-ready combo that also won’t buckle when you step outside on your commute or a lunchtime walk. It’s as ready for a Christmas party as it is for your next big presentation — stylish accessories like the Jack Mason Aviator Watch help ensure that, and your stylish CHUP socks are also a prime way to inject a little color and pattern in this #OOTD. Of course, I’m also all about the little details that can go the distance — take the investment-level Red Wing Heritage Pioneer Belt, for instance. Taken in full, this look is sharp, tailored and business casual — you’re not going to be overly dressed up, yet you won’t be dressed down, either. Again, it could just be the perfect look for the office this winter. That’s my opinion, at least. Let me know what you think of it on Twitter. Thanks for reading!