Can you hear that? That’s the sound of summer rushing by, on into early fall. It’s hard to believe, to say the least! We’ve already started looking ahead to transitional style essentials to get you ready for fall, but I’m taking the time this weekend to reflect on an amazing summer in Brooklyn and elsewhere — highlighted by the lifetime moment of getting engaged to my amazing fiancée Laura! We spent time exploring Pure Michigan (from Grand Rapids to Ann Arbor), we had a blast of a weekend at Detroit’s Mo Pop Festival, we strolled through Brooklyn’s Prospect Park and we drank more iced coffee and Bloody Mary’s than I thought possible — that’s just the tip of the iceberg! I know we have many more adventures in store even in the months to come (including the sure-to-be-amazing Audiotree Music Festival in Kalamzoo next month!). For now, I’m actually heading back to Michigan as we speak for a lovely and long Labor Day weekend, with some of my favorite men’s gear picks in tow (naturally). What are your plans for the weekend? Hopefully, they involve some relaxation, some rest, a craft beer or two, and lots of laughter & love with family and friends. If you choose to spend a bit of your time this weekend reading the pages of this site, I sure do appreciate it. Cheers!
READ MORE: Get Ready for Labor Day Weekend with These Menswear Essentials
- Cult favorite brand Stefan Grant just launched its largest collection yet — it’s called “Know Your Lines,” and every bit (design, production, even the photo shoot) was done in the lovely city of Los Angeles. We’re talking easy-to-layer staples like lightweight bomber jackets & modern trench coats, perfect to show off some edgy style this fall. The best part? The brand is offering 20 percent off for Labor Day weekend. New menswear and gear that’s on sale? Sounds good to me.
- In the way of other Labor Day sales, you can also get 20 percent off all Sunski sunglasses (as seen on my Instagram) now through September 3rd! I love my pair, and you’d do well to hop on this train — polarized lenses and a lifetime warranty sound good to me!
- State Bicycles also has you covered when it comes to functional, sharp cycling gear — you can get 25 -80 percent off sitewide, and if you’re buying a bicycle, use the code “ROLLUP” to get a free rolltop backpack. Perfect.
- I’ve long been a fan of the stylish casual watches that come out of the ongoing Timex x Todd Snyder partnership, so I certainly wasn’t surprised to see another excellent leather watch recently debuted by the two iconic American brands: The Timex x Todd Snyder Beekman Watch. I recently took a deep dive (not literally!) with this watch for GearMoose, and I’ve also been featuring it on my Instagram. In short: You owe it to yourself to pick up this timepiece.
- It’s still pretty darn relevant to talk about how to transition into fall, if you ask me. That being said, I’d advise you to revisit (or visit for the first time!) this #OOTD on how to wear a chambray shirt this fall. Hint: It involves the Taylor Stitch Everyday Chambray Shirt.
- Let’s close out today with another recommended gear purchase to get you ready for changing seasons. Granted, you won’t be able to get the Ball and Buck Active Anorak until spring 2019, but you’d do well to pre-fund this excellent jacket right now, because it’s packed with functionality and easygoing style. I had the chance to test it out around Brooklyn recently (see more on my Instagram) and can certainly vouch for it. Get to it!
OK, my friends. That’s it for today. Still looking for more men’s style reading? Read on to find out about some of the best men’s jeans to buy now. Then, check out the rugged long-sleeve henley to pick up for fall. Last but not least — check out the best men’s gear to upgrade your wardrobe before it’s too cold (and too late!). Thanks for reading!