Thanks for joining us again for another Friday Read here at The Style Guide. It’s pretty wild to be closing out the last week of March and moving into April. The past month was certainly a busy, busy one, what with my Florida spring break trip and my latest #menswear road trip to Pittsburgh to see Local Natives, among plenty of Brooklyn style adventures. If you’ve been on the road, or find yourself prepping for a spring break trip of your own, shop my suggestion on how to dress for spring break this year. For now though, we’ve got plenty of other seasonal style essentials to cover. For one, did you pick up a stylish spring jacket yet? A recent shopping post on this site covers pieces that are functional and great-looking (of course). And if you need tips on what to look for when buying a leather jacket, there’s an #OOTD entry I think you’ll find helpful and highly stylish.
Elsewhere in style (and trip) planning matters, it was with tons of excitement that I picked up tickets this past week to see none other than The Killers at the excellent Radio 104.5 Birthday Celebration in June! Of course, that show will follow on the heels of Governors Ball here in New York City — are you heading to any spring or summer music festivals? Let me know on Twitter — and shop my picks for how to dress for a music festival in the meantime. And that reminds me … we’ve got a nice mix of music and men’s style in the below reading picks. So, read on, enjoy the weekend and keep up with my real-time men’s style updates via Instagram.
- Not feeling in the mood for April Fool’s jokes, but feeling in the mood for some menswear? If that’s the case, the fine folks at SeaVees have a deal for you. On Saturday only (that’s April 1st — AKA April Fool’s), you can get 20 percent off all footwear — including the brand’s new Spring 2017 collection — using the code ‘NOFOOL’ … I’m not even kidding here, folks. My personal favorite pick? The SeaVees Legend Regatta, as featured above and as worn by yours truly on my recent Florida spring break trip . They’ll work with slim chinos, they’ll work with light wash denim and they could just be your new favorite spring sneaker!
- So, we told you we’d have some music included in this post — right? Well, if there’s been one artist I’ve been listening to on repeat these past few weeks, it has to be the mercurially talented Maggie Rogers. The Maryland native seamlessly blends indie folk, jazz and R&B influences, with a touch of dance pop thrown in. It’s music that’s subtle, nuanced, well-written and beautifully sung — you might want to check on Maggie Rogers tour dates if you like what you hear! Tickets are literally selling out quicker than you can say “viral sensation,” so hop to it!
- Now, back to menswear — I certainly have my own picks when it comes to classic men’s spring sneakers, and Esquire.com is also here with a helpful rundown on the best white sneakers to buy for spring. Buy ’em now, wear ’em a ton and look forward to warm weather.
- In other matters of men’s style, spring travel season — AKA spring break — is upon us, as mentioned earlier. Crucially, the Bradley Mountain Utility Bag is the one bag you need to buy and use for your next road trip. Let me know if you’ve picked it up via the comments below!
- Last but not least … I rounded up 25 (25!) durable men’s work boots for GearMoose, featuring brands from Danner to Wolverine. Before you tackle your next spring project, grab a pair and get to it.
OK, so that’s this week’s Friday Read — have a great weekend and check back here tomorrow for a spring-friendly Style Pick of the Week.