Alright, my friends — join us as we tackle another #OOTD, this time covering how to wear black jeans this season. Now that we’re moving through September rather speedily, it’s high time you geared up with transitional fall style essentials — and as with other must-have menswear picks, these selections are meant to be rugged, versatile and adventure-ready. Maybe it’ll be new territory, too — if you’re curious about how to wear black jeans, you’re in luck. In fact, a few choice selections (such as the slim black denim featured below) might seem like picks you can wear the rest of the year aside from early fall — that’s good news indeed, folks. The right way to wear black denim, something we’ve discussed here on the blog in the past, is a bit edgy and a bit classic, accessorized with choices like a stylish indigo T-shirt and a rugged flight jacket in the case of our selections below. The resulting #OOTD, then, is one you can wear to grab an Old Fashioned with your buddies or to snag a weekend coffee — or to head to a Saturday night rock show (seriously, the right black jeans can be worn just about anywhere). You’ll also find the necessary essentials to take this outfit from good to great, including an investment-level watch and stylish leather boots. Taken all together, you’re going to be the best-dressed guy at the bar or the beer festival — I can guarantee it. Let’s get to work.
- The Denim: BLDWN Modern Slim Jeans in Vintage Black, $228 — You might know BLDWN from years back as purveyors of heritage-quality selvedge denim, and that approach has held true as the now-L.A-based brand expands into new territory — like your new favorite black denim. Perfect for the brewery, the burger bar … anywhere.
- The Classic Tee: Flint and Tinder Indigo Slub Tee, $35 — This classic men’s T-shirt is actually an edgier, updated take, & perhaps the best men’s T-shirt to buy now, thanks to the rich indigo dye and cotton weave. Edgy, unexpected & ideal to wear with slim black jeans.
- The Jacket: Flint and Tinder Flight Jacket, $198 — Rugged style has never been so perfectly done as by the team at Huckberry — this casual-yet-versatile take on the classic flight jacket makes it the perfect jacket to wear for early fall.
- The Rugged Boots: Taylor Stitch Moto Boots, $348 — An #OOTD such as this calls for sharp, stylish leather boots from Taylor Stitch, does it not?
- The Watch: Lum-Tec M84 Automatic Watch, $1,095 — Yes indeed, this rugged leather watch from Lum-Tec makes another appearance on the blog, because if you’re going to pick up an investment-level watch, you might as well wear it all the time, ehh?
- The Belt: Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt in Whiskey Eagle, $88 — OK, folks — Taylor Stitch has done it again with this classic leather belt, a must-have everyday accessory. Don’t worry about mixing black and brown — we’re going casual & cool.
- The EDC Essential: Bexar Goods Co. Field Notes Wallet, $124.98 — Listen, no matter where you go, you’re going to need a stylish leather wallet. Might as well make sure it’s functional & rugged, too. Bexar Goods Co. has you covered.
- The Grooming Essential: Duke Cannon Fulton Proper Cologne, $25 — Before you hit the town, reach for a sophisticated new cologne from Duke Cannon — everyone’s favorite grooming brand just keeps getting better and better.
Alright, then — are you well-acquainted with your new favorite black denim,then? These slim black jeans are sharp, classic & throwback in nature, yet this ensemble gets a modern update thanks to a pairing with the best men’s T-shirt, not to mention a weekend-ready, classic flight jacket. This is an ensemble that’s casual enough to look like you just threw it all together on a weekend night, but it’s got enough of the right details to set you apart from the crowd at that outdoor show or beer hall — ya dig? Among the details that make this #OOTD so rugged and yet laidback, we’ve got stylish leather boots from Taylor Stitch, an ideal pair to lace up as you head out on a fall weekend night. Elsewhere, a rugged leather watch from Lum-Tec is worthy of your hard-earned cash, providing a dash of visual interest and seriously cool style. Your everyday essentials are also spoken for here — take the classic leather belt as you mash up black and brown, to go along with a stylish leather wallet, naturally. And to amp up your grooming accordingly, reach for Duke Cannon’s Proper Cologne, the best new cologne I’ve tried (you’ve probably seen it on my Instagram, as it were). Any questions? Ready for the weekend? Perfect — so am I, and I’ll be wearing these classic black jeans all the way through.