If you thought you had your spring style all figured out, well, think again. That’s not to say the menswear essentials you know and love for the season should be shelved in favor of today’s #OOTD — but consider this new guide to wearing a Western shirt as another addition to your arsenal of tricks (and great layers).Every guy needs to shake up his style now and then, even during a period of self-isolation, and this is but one way to do that. Simply put: Your new favorite spring shirt is coming at you courtesy of Taylor Stitch x Stetson, and features the rugged good looks and classic styling potential you need right now. Put simply, the below #OOTD is but another way to dress for both the work week (yes, even at home!) and the weekend — pieces like one of the best spring jackets for men help ensure that versatility, as do rugged leather chukka boots. This is a look that’s going to go over very well, whether grabbing to-go coffee or to-go cocktails these days. Consider this the perfect hybrid of both daily style and weekend-ready potential — the classic cool of a Western shirt is a unique change of pace from your favorite Oxford shirt (for example), but daily standbys like slim Mott and Bow chinos elevate things beyond the average. This is an ensemble you can throw on and then, well, forget about — but other people are going to notice, and in the right way. Casual, cool, rugged, versatile … can it get any better? Not quite. Check out the full look below, then let me know on Twitter where you plan to rock it.
- The Western Shirt: Taylor Stitch x Stetson Western Shirt, $125 — Yes, you need a classic Western shirt in your wardrobe this spring. This Taylor Stitch x Stetson shirt is rugged, visually interesting & ready for whatever you’ve got in mind for the season.
- The Jacket: Belstaff Racemaster Jacket, $475 — Dicey spring weather can strike at any time — make sure you’re more than ready with one of the best spring jackets for men. Heck, Belstaff has a long lineage of making some of the most rugged jackets you can buy, and this one is no exception.
- The Chinos: Mott and Bow Charles Slim Twill Chinos, $125 — As we’ve talked about on the blog in the past, the best men’s chinos are now being made by the makers of your favorite jeans. These Mott and Bow chinos are nicely tailored and built to last — all spring, and then some.
- The Boots: Rancourt & Co. Acadia Chukka Boots, $280 — Rugged leather chukka boots, especially of the moc toe variety from Rancourt & Co., are made to go anywhere this spring, from the work week to the weekend. These are some of the most versatile men’s boots you can buy.
- The Socks: Flint and Tinder Wool Camp Socks, $12.98 — Searching for comfortable socks that also happen to be made in the States? The Flint and Tinder Wool Camp Socks are simply some of the best socks for men you can put on this spring — comfortable, stylish, versatile.
- The Watch: Timex Welton Watch, $158 — Is there any instance where a stylish leather watch won’t work for perfect spring style? The answer, my friends, is no. The Timex Welton Watch delivers standout looks and affordability.
- The Everyday Carry: Billykirk x Flint and Tinder Standard Issue Tote, $165 — Wherever your spring day happens to be taking you, a rugged tote bag — particularly this Billykirk x Flint and Tinder toe bag — is going to work out quite well.
- The Grooming Essential: Duke Cannon News Anchor Hurricane Hold Pomade, $15 — For the guy who wants great-looking hair (that’s you!), this Duke Cannon pomade is simply some of the best hair styling product on the market.
There are quite a few ways to rock your new favorite spring shirt, and hopefully, this #OOTD has you thinking about how to take care of business. The key here has got to be the fact that this rugged Western shirt is just different enough from your standard fare, making it easy to wear at the office, on the weekend, at a spring music festival … and indeed, beyond that. When you pair up this Taylor Stitch shirt with the best men’s chinos and of course, one of the best spring jackets for men, you’re looking at the ultimate in go-anywhere versatility and style. To keep things moving forward in sharp style, throw on a pair of the most versatile men’s boots, then accent the entire look with the durable and affordable Timex Welton Watch — talk about a can’t-miss combo that’s both understated and extremely stylish at the same time. Topping things off (literally) with some Duke Cannon pomade keeps your hair sharp and in check, and you’re going to get around in functional, tough style with a rugged tote bag — again, go-anywhere versatility is critical. On the accessories front, this look wouldn’t be complete without some of the best socks for men — don’t overlook the little things, folks. Keep in mind that when your base is a tough spring jacket and a cool-as-can-be Western shirt, the world of possibilities is endless — well, nearly endless. To see what I’m wearing this spring, head to my Instagram.