I know what you might be thinking right off the bat: Chukka boots? Isn’t it time to put those away already? Well … maybe. Not quite. No, in fact, you can still wear your favorite chukka boots this summer — the trick comes with choosing a lightweight pair of chukka boots, then styling ’em up with laidback summer style essentials that won’t slow you down. Even if you’re just hunkered down at home, as we all seem to be these days, the best chukka boots for men can still be put to good use. How so? And when? Well, first of all: You’ll find these Astorflex chukka boots have been paired with, among other crucial summer style staples, a Buck Mason henley for breezy, easygoing summer style. So, there’s that. And as to when you can wear the best suede chukka boots … I’d say anytime you darn well please, from flipping burgers on the grill to kicking back with a beer in hand (don’t worry, we’ve got your new growler included in today’s ensemble, as it were). Various other pieces are here to put in a solid effort, too — take a rugged indigo work shirt as your ideal summer evening layer, for starters. This #OOTD also features some style hacks you can put to good use when the time does come to get back out in public. Note the layering of said henley under a denim workshirt, and the subsequent denim-on-denim combination. I’ve probably said too much already, though — you should check out this stylish summer ensemble yourself below.
- The Chukka Boots: Astorflex Greenflex Chukka Boots, $104.98 — As mentioned above, you can certainly still wear some of the best men’s chukka boots into June and beyond — naturally, Huckberry delivers some of the best chukka boots on the market, made with lightweight construction and smooth suede.
- The Henley: Buck Mason Pima Short-Sleeve Curved Hem Henley, $48 — Yes, we’re back once again with a Buck Mason henley, and it’s the right base layer for this breezy outfit. In fact, it’s one of the best short-sleeve henleys for summer, available at a quality price.
- The Workshirt: Flint and Tinder Indigo Work Shirt, $82.98 — Here’s the thing with day-to-night style this summer — it can go from sweltering to breezy once the sun goes down, and even if your only plans involve kicking back on the porch, beer in hand, a rugged indigo work shirt from Flint and Tinder still gets the job done.
- The Denim: Buck Mason Maverick Slim Jeans, $145 — When you get sick of sweatshorts this spring and summer, step out in some stylish slim jeans in a pleasing medium wash. Buck Mason makes some of the best men’s jeans to complement outfits like this, and that’s applause-worthy in my book. Oh, and don’t worry — these jeans still work with your rugged indigo work shirt, given the different colors. Roll ’em up and show off some ankle.
- The Stylish Dive Watch: About Vintage 1926 At’sea, $375 — Now, look — if you don’t want to go too overboard, you might not need this vintage-style dive watch. But if you want to shake up your at-home look while hanging out, listening to a record, manning the grill … throw on this classic dive watch.
- The Audio Essential: U-Turn Audio Orbit Special w/ Preamp, $549 — Maybe you’re less of a vinyl records guy than a Bluetooth speaker type of guy — but if putting on one of your favorite records, beer or whiskey in hand, is a pastime, then this U-Turn Audio Orbit Special is one of the coolest record players to add to your home or apartment.
- The Summer Must-Have: GrowlerWerks uKeg Copper Growler (128oz.), $239 — What goes better with a summer afternoon or evening than a cold beer (if that’s your thing)? There’s not much. It’s good news, then, that this rugged growler from GrowlerWerks looks great in your kitchen, in your den or on your back porch. Plus, it’s got plenty of capacity for your new favorite summer beer.
- The Grooming Essential: Jack Henry Cleanse+, $16 — When you want to refresh your skin after a long summer day, or prepare for getting outside, you want something light, clarifying and of course, cleansing. Enter this face cleanser from Jack Henry.
Now, if you’d rather wear your favorite summer sneakers instead of rugged chukka boots in this case, I say go for it — the world is your oyster, as it were. But if you want to shake up your at-home style routine, you can go with no cooler combination than laidback suede chukka boots that build up into stylish summer basics. And that list of basics? It’s pretty great, in my mind. We work from the ground up with the best men’s jeans, a casually easygoing pair in a nice wash that won’t weigh you down as much as a heavy pair of raw selvedge denim might. From there, you’re going to be throwing on one of the best short-sleeve henleys for summer, a base layer that you can easily rock on its own, should you choose. In case you need some protection from the sun, or if you happen to need a light layer when the sun goes down, that’s where your rugged indigo work shirt enters the fold. The Jack Henry Cleanse+ shown above will keep your face fresh and in good shape, while a vintage-style dive watch will undoubtedly keep you on time as you prep dinner or run from room to room to get on that conference call (yes, this #OOTD can be worn to work from home, too!). For when the day’s work is done, I’m going to recommend you kick back with some fresh, flavorful beer from your GrowlerWerks uKeg Growler. Do this all while listening to, say, “Antisocialites” by Alvvays — a favorite vinyl of mine — on your U-Turn Audio Orbit Special. While it’s not the same as heading to a brewery or hanging out with friends, this #OOTD harnesses some of the best gear for summer in the meantime. If you’d like to share what you’re wearing at home this season, head to Twitter and give me a follow. Thanks for reading!