Just as with how to wear a camp collar shirt, for instance, wearing a polo the right way for summer is both subtle and yet surprisingly easy. That is to say, if you find the right polo. And that’s why, ladies and gentlemen, I’m recommending you pick a newly classic and easygoing, yet stylish, Todd Snyder polo. It’s every bit as comfortable as your favorite T-shirt, yet with the sort of polish (and USA-made construction) that you’d expect from one of the country’s foremost menswear designers. It even comes in a range of neat and engaging colors, all the better to invest in the best and stock up on multiple options. It gets even better from there as you search for tips on how to wear a polo for men, because I’m recommending you team it with a pair of the best men’s lightweight pants, some sleek loafers and more.
Consider this the sort of #OOTD that you can wear to the office or out to a lovely patio dinner on the weekends, because it really is every bit that versatile. It all comes down to the fact that, naturally, you’re starting things off with one of the best polos for men, then building your ensemble from there. A polo is both a step up from a T-shirt and yet a breezy step down from a dress shirt, which can often run hot at times. Hence, the made-in-Los-Angeles Todd Snyder polo you see here. Have questions on what to wear and how to wear it? Follow me on Twitter for daily style tips. Alright, let’s get into this #OOTD!
- The Classic Men’s Polo: Todd Snyder Made-in-L.A. Homespun Slub Polo, $98 — Go a bit bold and a bit refined with this versatile polo for men in a rich, unique color. It’s worth the investment, trust me.
- The Pants: Flint and Tinder Lightweight Stretch Chinos, $128 –Pair up that classic Todd Snyder polo with some of the best men’s lightweight pants for summer. It’s as simple as that.
- The Belt: Billykirk No. 288 Center Bar Belt, $105 — The right accessories, as I always say, make all the difference, and this stylish leather belt from Billykirk is one of the best around.
- The Loafers: Yuketen Bit Loafers, $340 — There are your standard loafers, and then there’s this pair of refined loafers, some of the best leather loafers for men. Talk about stepping things up a notch for the office and date night, right?
- The Watch: Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical Bracelet Watch, $575 via UNCRATE — You can wear essentially any one of your favorite watches with this ensemble, but this versatile stainless steel dive watch is both dressy and rugged, making it one of the best watches for guys on the go.
- The Sunglasses: Maui Jim Castles Sunglasses, $300 — Keep things bold yet classic and fresh with these iconic men’s aviator sunglasses from a trusted brand. Keep those accessories on-point, folks.
- The Grooming Essential: MANTL Invisible Daily SPF 30, $21.98 — Protect your mug while moisturizing your face at the same time with this daily SPF for men. Sometimes, it really is that easy.
- The Everyday Carry: Filson WWII Shell Casing Money Clip, $52 — How’s this for one of the coolest money clips — and one of the coolest EDC essentials — on the market? A great way to keep things sleek and distinctive as you hit the town.
I don’t know about you, but this ensemble has me more than ready to dress in breezy, refined and yet cool fashion this summer. Start things off the right way with oft-overlooked but no-less-essential accessories, like one of the coolest money clips, and rest assured knowing it only gets cooler and more stylish from there. Of course, it all comes down to the fact that the classic Todd Snyder polo at the center of this #OOTD is as essential as it gets for easygoing and yet sharp summer style. The same can be said for a pair of the best men’s lightweight pants, the kind you’ll want to purchase in multiple colors and wear day in day out.
To keep things even more refined, reach for one of the best watches for guys, a rugged and durable timepiece that manages to be dressy and effective, no matter what. A pair of the best leather loafers for men keeps things sleek and ready for the office or date night, as does a pair of classic men’s sunglasses for when the sun’s glare really picks up. You’re covered A-to-Z in this #OOTD, all the better for making it work in multiple style situations. Now we’re talking, folks. Happy shopping!