Want a new way to dress for summer? One that’s unexpected and yet pretty cool and unique? It all starts with finding one of the best camp collar shirts out there. Camp collar shirts first began appearing on runways once more a handful of years ago, and they’re now made by brands big and small, including the all-American style purveyors at Buck Mason. Think of it not so much as a trend more as a new American style staple, the kind that you can just as readily wear to the office now as you can to a summer BBQ. It might take some getting used to wearing a camp collar shirt as opposed to a polo or even a breezy Oxford shirt, but it’s a cool and somewhat bold style move worth making. It’ll turn heads in a good way, and it’s every bit as comfortable and lightweight as your favorite T-shirt, seriously. That’s especially true of the Buck Mason Camp Shirt we’ll be talking about today, which is about as classic a take on the style as it gets.
A cool camp collar shirt signals the feeling that summer is here, that the sun is shining and that cold beer and great times await. And if you want to go a bit more bold and wear your Buck Mason Camp Shirt underneath a blazer on a short, casual Friday at the office, then you can do that, too — it’s summer after all, and we’re all getting used to really dressing again in our own ways. If you want to wear it more casually, a la the #OOTD below, then I’d suggest you do that, too. The point is, the best camp collar shirt can do even more than you might think at first glance. That’s great news for your summer style.
- The Camp Collar Shirt: Buck Mason Breeze Linen Camp Shirt, $95 — Now, this shirt has been talked about before on the blog, but it’s worth revisiting. It’s a breezy and effortlessly cool summer style move.
- The Pants: Faherty Brand Stretch Terry Pants, $148 — Keep the casual summer style vibes flowing with these comfortable stretch pants, which wear like chinos (perfect for the office) but feel like sweats (ideal for weekend hangs).
- The Loafers: Astorflex Patnoflex Travel Loafers, $175 — We’re back once again to talk about a pair of the most stylish men’s loafers. These are made to travel easily and can work at the office, happy hour and anywhere in between.
- The Belt: Billykirk No. 117 Mechanic’s Belt, $105 — Wearing a stylish leather belt might feel odd these days, but it’s an essential that you need in an #OOTD like this. Billykirk makes one of the best men’s belts, too.
- The Watch: Shinola Runwell Automatic Watch, $1,095 — Splurge and treat yourself to one of the best leather dress watches for men. It’s just the right way to go as we re-enter the world.
- The Sunglasses: Maui Jim Castles Sunglasses, $300 — If you haven’t thought about your accessories in a good while, why not go all out and pick up a pair of the best sunglasses for men to really drive home the cool, stylish nature of this #OOTD? I’m all about it, folks.
- The Grooming Essential: MANTL Age Defense Moisturizer, $21.98 — Refresh your mug to head back out into the world with this hydrating daily moisturizer, my friends.
- The Everyday Carry: Mission Workshop 500D Drift Tote, $265 — There’s a reason this versatile and rugged Mission Workshop tote keeps popping up on the blog, and that’s because it’s got the carrying capacity for whatever your day requires, from sun up to sun down.
Well, my friends. Are you ready for the rest of summer, and a stylish one, to boot? It’s all about shaking things up ever so slightly, be it packing up a Mission Workshop tote — instead of a backpack — or opting to wear your new Buck Mason Camp Shirt instead of a classic polo. The rest of these picks toe the line between the comfort we’re used to now (witness the comfortable stretch pants from Faherty Brand) and the cool style you need this summer (as in, some of the most stylish men’s loafers on the market). Add in other considerations, like a pair of the best sunglasses for men and a much-needed, stylish leather belt, and your accessories are top-notch, too. Finish it off with an essential men’s moisturizer, and I’d say you’ve just put together one of the coolest looks possible for whatever heads your way this season. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, and stay stylish out there!