Welcome, dear friends and Style Guide readers, to an ever-so-slightly special edition of the Friday Read here on the blog during this stylish Thanksgiving weekend. In case you’re still in a post-Thanksgiving stupor, today’s post is here to ease you into a holiday weekend filled with leftovers, some men’s style essentials, and yes … plenty of shopping for the best Black Friday deals. In short, let’s lace up our boots and get to work — just like those Original Chippewa Service Boots as seen at the top of the page. At any rate, I’m thankful to be enjoying the holiday weekend with my family in lovely, sunny Orlando. There’s tasty beer, there’s great food & there are visits in store to Disney World.
How did you dress for Thanksgiving? I hope it was stylish, and I hope you’ve got plenty of relaxation and quality time in your future — and yes, some shopping as well. On that note, I’ve rounded up a few sale picks from some of my favorite brands below. Read on, shop away & be sure to follow along with all the fun, if you feel so inclined, on my Instagram. Cheers!
- Huckberry: We’ll kick this list off with my pals at the lauded San Francisco-based retailer, who just opened an NYC pop-up — it’s simply fantastic. In the meantime, you can get from 15 up to 60 percent off on the year’s best sellers on the site. And for Cyber Monday, you’re looking at free shipping sitewide and a host of special Cyber Monday-only deals on Huckberry gear. Sounds great to me. Want to know about some favorites of mine from Huckberry? Here are five.
- Taylor Stitch: OK, moving on. One of my favorite menswear retailers is offering 20 percent off the site for Black Friday, with $20 credit back to be users on your next purchase of $100 or more. Boom. Also, some items marked down to 30 percent off. Gotta love some Taylor Stitch. My current favorite is the handsome Leeward Shirt, pictured above.
- United By Blue: The sustainable, stylish brand is offering 25 percent off sitewide starting on Black Friday and running through November 27th, with Cyber Monday also offering 25 percent markdowns, all the way up to 80 percent off. Both promos offer free shipping on all orders with no minimums, as it were. Read more about the brand via my latest feature for The Manual.
- Bespoke Post: Another favorite of mine for the diversity of gear they stock, as shown above. That includes the well-appointed selection of Bespoke Post boxes in addition to a full shop — you’d do well to get started early on your holiday shopping with the Bespoke Post Holiday Gift Guide. A few of my favorites? Glad you asked.
- The Nisolo Andres All-Weather Boots — Simple, refined, functional.
- The Filson 48-Hour Duffle — Heirloom-quality and splurge-worthy.
- The Manual 3-in-1 Coffee Maker — For anyone who loves cold brew.
- The Armogan Regalia Watch — For the stylish dad or in-law, right?
- The Bespoke Post Scout Box — Or any stylish Bespoke Post Box, really.
- Fourlaps: Note that for Black Friday AND Cyber Monday, we’re looking at surprise deals to be announced at 12:01am EST both days for the fashion-forward athletic brand — that’s a heck of a way to score some affordable men’s athletic gear. Grab pieces like the Rush Hoodie and Jogger or the brand’s running shortsor Signature Tees.
Frank And Oak: Another longtime favorite of the blog (seriously, check out this 2013 Frank And Oak review!), this retailer is back in a big way this winter. Get 30 percent off your purchase through November 25th with the coupon BLACKFRIDAY30, noting that there are some exclusions to include more styles on Cyber Monday. Then, on Cyber Monday, you can also get 30 percent off your purchase through November 27th, with the coupon CYBERMONDAY30.
- Blundstone: If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I’ve been loving my rugged Blundstone boots — you can read more about Blundstone in this blog post, too. If you want to snag a pair of your own, note that you can take 15 percent off all purchases through Monday at 3pm EST using the promo code GIVETHX.
Alright, truth be told … that’s but a smattering of the 2018 Black Friday deals you’re apt to find. But to me, they’re all highly shoppable and seriously fun. What are you buying this year? Feel free to check in with me over at the Style Guide Facebook page. OK, back to turkey sandwiches.