Looking for the perfect men’s style essentials when it comes down to what to wear for New Year’s Eve? Well, that’s easy — and you’re in luck. Yessir, it all starts with shopping the below picks in today’s new #OOTD. Oh, and while we’re at it … Merry Christmas! With this laidback holiday in the books (are you wearing something like this casual ensemble?), it’s time to turn our attention toward a more refined, dressy night. New Year’s Eve presents a multitude of options — maybe you’re hitting the town for dinner and drinks … and then the club (gasp)? Maybe you happen to be hosting a refined get-together of your own. Maybe you’re traveling to see friends and family. Maybe it’s a night at home. Whatever the occasion, and barring any black tie dress code, the below #OOTD has what you need. From a warm, stylish wool blazer to a tailored dress shirt from Taylor Stitch, we’re going with a sharp look up top. Don’t forget a classic topcoat, either. And on your bottom half, we’ve got the goods you need to get around slippery streets in style. Think slim black jeans paired up with some of the best leather boots money can buy — and don’t sleep on the seriously cool black-and-brown combo here; to me, it just works. Elsewhere, stylish leather gloves keep you warm on the streets, as do unique patterned socks. Will this ensemble work for you? Only time will tell, right?
- The Topcoat: O.N.S Clothing Grant Topcoat, $528 — Wherever you go this New Year’s Eve, I’d bet you’re going to want to stay warm. This slim topcoat is timeless no matter what your plans involve.
- The Blazer: Grayers Hutton Wool Sportcoat, $195 — Hey, New Year’s Eve can be a pretty dressy night, right? This tailored wool blazer is polished without going full-on tuxedo.
- The Shirt: Taylor Stitch The Hyde Shirt, $75.98 — While you could always go more casual and wear a rugged chambray shirt, a stylish dress shirt (sans tie) never fails.
- The Slim Denim: Taylor Stitch Democratic Jeans in Kuroki Mills Black Selvage, $145 — More great menswear from Taylor Stitch, in the form of some of the best men’s black denim you can buy.
- The Rugged Boots: Original Chippewa Service Boots (Huckberry Exclusive), $279 — These stylish brown leather boots are a winter-ready NYE footwear pick, and they look pretty slick paired up with slim black denim.
- The Socks: CHUP Secado Socks, $35 — We’re keeping things pretty neutral in terms of color in this outfit, so subtly stylish patterned socks are a nice move here.
- The Watch: Jack Mason Camp Watch, $195 — With the durability of a field watch and the style of a classic leather dress watch, this timepiece is a winner for the night.
- The Gloves: Hestra Samuel Gloves, $135 — We mentioned that you needed casual accessories that keep you warm, and these high-quality leather gloves look great, too.
- The Grooming Essential: Buckler’s Daily Defense Kit, $68 — Winter can play tricks on your skin — and New Year’s Eve is no time to let that happen. Use these grooming essentials to look your best (and maybe snag a New Year’s Eve kiss!?)
New Year’s Eve is a great time to put together all of your favorite winter style essentials in one go-anywhere outfit. From casual drinks at home to an evening on the town, there’s no denying that pieces like a slim topcoat are going to prove essential (and warm!) no matter what. Top off your look with a casual wool blazer that just so happens to be polished and crisp — alongside a classic slim dress shirt, of course. It’s a look that’s going to win you compliments no matter where you go, and the same can be said of pairing it all with black selvage jeans that A) Wear like dress pants and B) Just so happen to be some of the best men’s black denim on the market. Your footwear is also critical, especially when roads and sidewalks can get icy and snowy. That, my friends, is where a pair of stylish brown leather boots come into play — especially a pair from Original Chippewa. And when the time comes to slip off your boots?
You needn’t worry about looking out of place, because stylish patterned socks from CHUP more than get the job done — again, it’s the little details that win you praise from family and friends, right? On that front, high-quality leather gloves will keep you warm without missing a beat — no overly technical gloves here. New Year’s Eve is also a time to break out the best on your wrist, so a classic leather dress watch more than fits the bill. Last but certainly not least, a handy trio of grooming essentials are the easy way to look your best — and impress your date or your partner. Those are all the pieces of the puzzle to put togher for one heck of an #OOTD. As we close out 2018, thanks so much for reading — just know that before the year is up, we’ll have plenty more style content on the way!