What’s your perfect summer day like? That’s a tall order, but before we get too sentimental: Maybe it involves plenty of relaxation, some delicious iced coffee, and then a delicious summer beer or two to take the afternoon away. Perhaps, it also involves wearing your new favorite henley to enjoy it all the while. That’s where we’ll start today’s #OOTD — as we all know, even casual style situations demand only the best summer style essentials you can buy. Plus, an occasion like kicking back on your patio with your buddies, beer in hand & rock on the radio, is a chance to wear, well, whatever you want to wear. That being said, we’re raising the bar, starting with a rugged short-sleeve henley to keep you cool, followed in short order by Camp Shorts from Taylor Stitch, then finished off with classic Sperry sneakers. Throw in a tough field watch and some of your favorite tunes, then consider your day sorted out quite nicely. Plus, this still leaves plenty of time to grab an afternoon nap and catch that ballgame on TV later — no fancy outfit swap needed. It’s the small details in style that make an outfit, and it’s the little things in life that really matter, like enjoying a favorite brew wearing your favorite style essentials. Too sentimental for you? Too late! Read about the full look below.
- The Henley: Proof 72-Hour Merino Short-Sleeve Henley, $74 — Proof makes menswear that’s as versatile as it is performance-ready — this rugged short-sleeve henley will keep you cool during a marathon craft beer session.
- The Beer: Funkwerks Saison, Price Varies— A light, herbal, crisp & refreshing backyard sipper that’s pleasingly flavorful & perfect for summer.
- The Classic Shorts: Taylor Stitch Camp Shorts, $88 — Taylor Stitch makes gear that’s as fit for an adventure as it is for kicking back with the guys — the Camp Shorts embody that approach nicely.
- The Sneakers: Sperry Cloud CVO Deck Sneakers, $75 — A mere $75 for a classic pair of sneakers you can wear all summer? These Sperry CVO Sneakers truly are timeless (and perfect to wear while enjoying a brew or two!).
- The Watch: VAER Watches Field Watch, $169.98 — An afternoon enjoying your favorite beer calls for a tough field watch from VAER Watches, does it not?
- The Sunglasses: Sunski Yubas Sunglasses, $58 — Leave the expensive sunglasses at home for this outing — this pair from Sunski represents some of the most affordable sunglasses you can wear this season.
- The Audio Essential: Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A1 Speaker, $250 — For an afternoon in the sun with a tasty brew, grab this portable speaker for hours of listening enjoyment.
- The Vintage Ballcap: Seager Co. The ERA Ballcap, $32 — Keep the sun off your face and do so in stylish with this classic ballcap, fittingly named for that all-important baseball stat.
Can’t you just taste the delightful flavor of that Funkwerks Saison? How can it get any better? Answer: Sipping on that beer while wearing your new favorite henley, naturally. As we all know, a rugged short-sleeve henley is almost a ridiculously easy way to look great, thanks to its sporting roots and modern-day appeal. It’s all about going beyond casual gym shorts and sandals, and turning things up a notch — in an authentic way, of course. This casual #OOTD is primed for summer relaxation at home or during a weekend way, helped along by durable Taylor Stitch shorts and of course, iconic men’s sneakers made for hours upon hours of warm-weather style (plus, they look even better with a bit of dirt on ’em).
A seasonally friendly beer should make it easy to enjoy the sun without overdoing it, and naturally, you’ll be staying on time with a tough field watch from VAER Watches that can handle some grilling, some beer-sipping, and maybe even a light game of catch. Lest we forget, a portable speaker is really critical here — great beer calls for great music, and a day in the sun also calls for stylish sunglasses from Sunski (remember, these are perhaps the most affordable sunglasses you’re apt to find on a given day, so don’t worry about getting ’em a bit dinged up). To top things off, throw on a classic ballcap, then get ready for one heck of a stylish, laidback summer day. That’s all there is to it.