As you’ll see below, there might never be a bad time to wear a chambray shirt like the one we’re about to discuss today. We’ve mentioned it time and time again on the blog, but the best men’s chambray shirt (and there’s a difference between good and great), is a true four-season essential, as wearable now as it will be come September, October, November … you get the picture. But sometimes, getting through the seasonal doldrums that we find ourselves in right now isn’t as daunting as it might seem at first. In fact, it’s sometimes about taking tried-and-true men’s style essentials and having some fun with them. In the case of the classic chambray shirt on display today in our #OOTD series, that means it’s being worn with equally classic style picks that fit in regardless of season (yes, even in the sweltering August heat). Witness, for instance, the stylish slim chinos and the classic chukka boots in this ensemble, not to mention the positively rugged, investment-level watch — all worn with ease and casual cool for a look that’s as ready for happy hour as it is for a Casual Friday. Throw in accessories like a slim leather wallet, and you could even wear this look out on a date. See, the doldrums of summer aren’t a time to throw away style principles — stick to yours, wear this classic chambray shirt, and get ready for what lies ahead.
- The Chambray Shirt: Proof Strong Shirt, $128 — The best men’s chambray shirt? The chambray shirt to rule them all? I’ll leave that to you to decide, but there’s a good chance that … yes, yes it is.
- The Classic Chinos: Wellen Easy Chinos, $88 — Keep things casual yet surprisingly polished with these stylish slim chinos, made sustainably in a classic color.
- The Chukka Boots: Astorflex Greenflex Chukka Boots, $165 — There’s absolutely never a bad time to wear classic chukka boots, even in the middle of August — trust me on that. Astorflex gets ’em right.
- The Watch: Lum-Tec M84 Automatic Watch, $1,095 — I’m admittedly not a huge watch snob, but there’s no question the Lum-Tec M84 Automatic (while pricey!) might just be one of the best men’s watches we’ve featured on this site. That’s it!
- The Belt: Macondo Belts Inca Belt, $105 — Granted, you might not think of a stylish leather belt as a place to stand out in terms of pattern and design — change that with this number from Macondo Belts.
- The Everyday Carry Essential: Tanner Goods Journeyman Wallet, $65 — Be it on the go to the office or to an evening dinner, a slim leather wallet carries only what you need.
- The Daily Cologne: Ranger Station Birch Bark Cologne, $69 — This cologne from Ranger Station is pleasing, crisp & not too heavy for daily wear.
- The Grooming Essential: Jack Henry Face Toner, $24 — I can’t recommend this lightweight, refreshing, functional toner from Jack Henry enough after using it every day for weeks. It’s a men’s grooming essential you need ASAP.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, sometimes, the best men’s chambray shirt is all you need to build a great outfit (or at least, the foundation of a great outfit). And it gets even better and even more seasonally friendly when you throw on easygoing Wellen chinos (it’s right in the name, after all!), plus classic chukka boots — granted, these are picks that work any time of the year, but they’ll do more than fine in August as we look toward (gasp) Labor Day. The right accessories elevate the chambray shirt from good to great, as well. Take the Lum-Tec M84 Automatic, a beast of a watch that’ll stand out stylishly as you roll up the sleeves on this shirt.
Couple that with the equally eyecatching stylish leather belt on display here, and this #OOTD is ready to be worn the office, shirt tucked in (or untucked — do as you please, of course). For keeping thing streamlined and smooth, grab your slim leather wallet from Tanner Goods — it’ll fit nicely in the front pocket of your chinos, and it’ll age the more you use it. All those little details stand out quite easily, too, including what should be a fantastic Ranger Station cologne (making this ensemble ready for date night). And in the way of a men’s grooming essential you shouldn’t go without, I’m a big fan of Jack Henry’s Face Toner (a great outfit is nothing without a little T.L.C for your face, ehh?). Are you sold on the utility and versatility of the chambray shirt? You should be. Have questions? Drop me a line on Twitter. Cheers!