If the throes of summer strike you as a more fitting time to wear a stylish denim jacket — namely, the rugged denim jacket from Taylor Stitch that we’ll be discussing today — then, it’s time to rethink your approach to early fall style. The best denim jacket can serve as a stylish blazer replacement or a different piece of outerwear in lieu of a leather jacket — it’s both versatile and casual, able to provide warmth in the early fall chill and still ready to be taken off at a moment’s notice if temperatures pick up unexpectedly. And with all that being said, the right accessories make all the difference. When seeking casual fall style essentials to wear to your favorite beer bar or to a tailgate or a weekend brunch, it’s best to keep it simple, stylish and rugged. Hence, you’ll notice a classic henley, plus a pair of equally classic chinos from Flint and Tinder that work any time of year — not just during early fall. Naturally, your everyday carry should stay on-point, too; that’s where the best leather watch comes into play. It’s the type of timepiece that’ll stand out at the bar and look great no matter where you take it. And again, the thing is, the best denim jacket can take you a lot of different places all season long (especially when layered up accordingly). The choice is all yours — let’s get to work.
- The Denim Jacket: Taylor Stitch Long Haul Jacket in 24-Month Wash, $188 — Yes, you can indeed wear a denim jacket in a lighter wash as it gets colder — just layer this rugged denim jacket from Taylor Stitch accordingly.
- The Henley: Flint and Tinder Heavy Slub Henley, $58 — Seeing as it’s fall and all, well, we’re here to tell you that you need a seriously classic henley. It’s the perfect pairing with your rugged denim jacket, namely.
- The Chinos: Flint and Tinder Cool Chinos, $98 — Those classic chinos you wore all summer long can still work as we move through September — Flint and Tinder gets it right.
- The Boots: Yogi Lucas Leather Moccasin Boots, $199 — You could easiy accessorize this outfit with any one of your favorite pairs of leather boots, but these rugged leather moc boots are the way to go.
- The Watch: Zodiac Grandville Watch, $495 — The best leather watch to complement this outfit? It might just be the rugged Zodiac Grandville Watch, mixing in a bit of dressy style and rugged functionality.
- The Grooming Essential: HaloSmile Whitening Kit, $59.99 — For as much attention as you put into things like classic chinos, well, your smile also deserves some upkeep. This handy teeth whitening kit is but one step to keeping your smile sharp, folks.
- The Leather Wallet: Filson Bi-Fold Wallet, $100.98 — This rugged leather wallet from Filson is assuredly one you’ll use everyday — keep an eye on it, and you’ll have it for years to come.
- The Everyday Bag: WP Standard Canvas Travel Bag, $298 — No matter what the day throws at you, it behooves you to haul around the best everyday bag you can get your hands on; we’ve featured this handsome WP Standard Canvas Travel Bag before, and it’s every bit as essential now.
As we often say here on the blog, it’s all about picking the right pieces around which to build an outfit, especially as temperatures grow chilly (slowly but surely) this fall. And crucially, a rugged denim jacket from Taylor Stitch is going to be the great equalizer when it comes to a versatile, casually rugged piece of outerwear this season. When you match it up with rugged leather moc boots and classic chinos, the major building blocks of your outfit are in place. This is an outfit that exudes casual cool without overdoing it — hence the inclusion of a laidback-yet-timeless Flint and Tinder henley. Taken all at once, this is the type of outfit that’s going to more than serve you well when it comes time to head out on a casual weekend coffee date or to grab your favorite craft beer (both pursuits I plan on indulging quite a bit this fall!). Of course, the small details also help set your #OOTD apart, so don’t leave behind your rugged leather wallet or that critically important, best everyday bag. Finish it all off with a winning smile via the HaloSmile kit, and you’ll both look AND feel your best. It’s as simple as that. Well, not quite. But you get the picture. Enjoy the imminent start of fall, my friends!