Looking for a new way to dress for the office this fall? Or rather, an upgraded way that makes use of fall style essentials you know and love? We’ve got you all sorted out today on the blog, and it starts with a classic flannel shirt — yes, the beloved rugged style staple is going to be the centerpiece of a perfectly casual-yet-versatile office look. That age-old question “How to dress for the office?” … well, here’s your answer. You’ll recognize style moves with which you’re already well-acquainted, including the use of the exceptional Flint and Tinder 365 Pants to add a bit of clean & tailored style. The real kicker here though (literally) might just be the stylish high-top sneakers we’re recommending you swap in, as opposed to rugged leather boots or refined dress shoes. That gives this look more of a laidback-yet-polished air, exactly the vibe to go for if your post-office plans include happy hour or a weekend getaway. Elsewhere, you’ll recognize the staples of classic office style, from an office-ready fall sweater to a refined leather watch — these are gear picks that won’t quit, and they’ll ensure you stand out subtly and stylishly, no questions asked. If it gets chilly on you in the morning? Throw on something like the Billy Reid Bond Peacoat to fight the fall chill. OK, time to get to work.
- The Flannel Shirt: Todd Snyder Scotch Plaid Flannel, $178 — Yes, you can wear a classic flannel shirt to the office. Particularly if it’s this slim-fitting flannel shirt from menswear master Todd Snyder. Versatile without going full-on outdoors.
- The Sweater: Grayers Bleecker V-Neck Sweater, $79 — If you know where to look, you can find an office-ready fall sweater — like this option from Grayers. It’s a hot seller, so act quickly. Ideal for a chilly fall day (and a chilly office).
- The Pants: Flint and Tinder 365 Pants, $98 — Some of the best-selling pants at Huckberry assuredly belong as part of this #OOTD, particularly in an office-friendly slim cut and a deep, fall-centric Laurel Green color. The Flint and Tinder 365 Pants are a nice way to offset your classic V-neck sweater (also available in Straight fit).
- The Sneakers: Nisolo Cortez Mid-Top Sneakers, $168 — Especially on a casual fall Friday, you can’t go wrong with stylish high-top sneakers. These rich leather Nisolo sneakers are a nice way to switch things up from your favorite leather boots.
- The Office-Ready Watch: Carpenter Watches G4 Brooklyn Gent, $795.98 — Finding the right watch to wear to the office just got a heck of a lot easier — take this refined leather watch from Carpenter Watches, for instance.
- The Classic Leather Belt: Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt, $88 — If you read the blog on the regular, you know the best accessories really do make the difference. And this Taylor Stitch leather belt really is the best of the best — especially for the office.
- The Everyday Bag: Filson Dryden Ballistic Nylon Briefcase, $175 — Because you could be hauling everything from your laptop to a couple notebooks to some handy everyday carry essentials, you need this tough Filson briefcase.
- The Grooming Essential: Taconic Shave Urban Woods Beard Oil, $14 — Keep your beard in fine form for a day at the office with this handsome beard oil from Taconic Shave — don’t underestimate its utility for fall.
Now, although there’s no telling what your day might send your way, dressing for the office doesn’t have to be a drag — that’s especially the case when you consider the fact that you’re starting from the get-go with a slim-fitting flannel shirt from iconic designer Todd Snyder — there’s no better way to go for fall. Consider as well that you’re layering up the right way with an office-ready fall sweater in a neutral grey, offset nicely those rich, Laurel Green-colored Flint and Tinder 365 Pants. They’ve got the comfort of jeans and the style points of chinos (and they’re some of the best pants for the office I’ve tried myself). And while you can certainly break out tough leather boots or refined chukka boots, the real key to nailing fall office style comes when you step out in stylish high-top sneakers instead. They deliver comfort and unique styling potential, and these Nisolo sneakers are also ethically made. In keeping with the casual-yet-polished nature of this outfit, I’m also recommending a refined leather watch, seeing as the right everyday carry essentials can get your mind in a great spot for your next big meeting. To keep your laptop and assorted goods safe, haul it all in a tough Filson briefcase, and accentuate the rest of your outfit with a dressy-yet-rugged Taylor Stitch leather belt (it’s a personal favorite). And if you’re among the bearded among us (like yours truly!), you’d do worse to keep your beard in shape with beard oil from Taconic Shave. OK, are you all set for a big day at the office? Keep up with all my style tips on Instagram. Good luck out there!