So, it’s the night (or the morning) before another day at the office, and there you stand … with nothing in your closet to wear. Well, those days are gone. Today’s #OOTD will take a deep dive into how to dress for the office this spring, particularly if you work in a modern office — one where you might have to suit up for a big client meeting, but where you can get away with *gasp* slim dark denim and other polished, business-casual style staples the rest of the week. Now, we already talked about how to wear jeans to the office during fall and winter, so consider this a seasonal update. Take our picks below, from the classic Taylor Stitch Jack Shirt to a stylish spring blazer from Grayers — you see, it’s all about finding versatile pieces you can wear in more than one way. For instance, you could even wear the Taylor Stitch Jack Shirt all on its own, sleeves rolled, if need be. But that’s not why we’re here today. No sir, we’re telling you all about the best spring blazer and how to wear it, and it’s being paired up with stylish Chelsea boots, a pair of the aforementioned classic indigo denim, and other picks you might not think can work at the office … but absolutely do. How do you take on the challenge of stepping out in style for spring? Let me know on Twitter. Thanks for reading!
- The Shirt: Taylor Stitch The Jack Shirt in White Reverse Jacquard, $125 — As essential for on-the-clock style as it is for off-duty relaxation, the collar roll of this classic shirt means you can wear it with or without a knit tie.
- The Blazer: Grayers Newport Blazer, $195 — From the Dusty Olive color to the cotton-spandex blend, this could be the best spring blazer for your wardrobe.
- The Office-Ready Denim: Taylor Stitch Slim Jeans in Sol Selvage, $178 — Believe it or not, you can wear jeans to the office — these slim Taylor Stitch jeans are a perfectly dressy inky blue color & made with cotton and linen.
- The Boots: Taylor Stitch Ranch Boots, $348 — We’re not out of the woods in terms of spring weather yet, so these stylish Chelsea boots from Taylor Stitch blend form and function admirably — and they’re seriously sharp for the office.
- The Watch: Carpenter Watches G4 Brooklyn Gent, $724.98 — A refined, classic leather watch like this handsome timepiece from Carpenter Watches never fails — especially at the office … oh, and don’t worry about matching up your leathers precisely.
- The Belt: Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt in Whiskey Eagle, $88 — A perfectly rugged yet versatile, stylish leather belt from Taylor Stitch — it pairs nicely with those Taylor Stitch Ranch Boots, too.
- The Grooming Essential: Duke Cannon Solid Cologne in Bourbon, $25 — Just one of many men’s grooming essentials you need from Duke Cannon, the Duke Cannon Solid Cologne is the right way to upgrade your scent for the office (it’s important!)
- The Finishing Touch: Smartwool Merino Sport 150 Boxer Briefs, $30 — When is your underwear more than just underwear? When it’s made with possibly the world’s best fabric, Smartwool Merino. Perfect any day of the week.
Hopefully by now, you see the right way — or at least, one way — to make office dressing work for you. We’re not doing anything too fancy here, just pairing up a great spring shirt (theTaylor Stitch Jack Shirt) with a stylish spring blazer from Grayers for no-fuss, no-frills style that’s still a cut above the rest. And keep in mind that when you step out in slim Taylor Stitch jeans in an inky indigo color, you’re absolultely going to be polished enough for the office — the difference is that rich, dark blue color. As ever, stylish Chelsea boots from Taylor Stitch strike the right balance between rugged, casual & perfect for the office — especially if it’s a breezy, rainy spring day. And your accessories are keeping things nice and sharp, too. Take the office-ready nature of the stylish leather belt shown here — it’s as simple as that, and the combo looks even better when paired with a classic leather watch, specifically one that wears well at the office. The little details really do matter, which is why we’re recommending comfortable, durable Smartwool Merino boxer briefs, not to mention the right scent for any occasion — the Duke Cannon Solid Cologne in Bourbon. All told, this combo is the perfect way to dress for your office, no matter what day of the week. And again, yes … you can wear jeans to the office. Give it a try!