Early spring is a time to break out all those spring style essentials you kept stored away during the chilly winter months, from lightweight, stylish everyday pants to other classics that play well with steadily warming (but occasionally rainy or breezy weather) — and that’s where today’s #OOTD rises to the top. If you’ve checked your calendar, you know it’s St. Patrick’s Day, and although you might be spending it at home given all that’s going on out there these days, the goal with today’s look is the ultimate in versatility. It all starts with the new Western Rise Diversion Pants, which blend comfort and style easily. They work for a day at the office (you’ll note the Taylor Stitch short-sleeve shirt below) to a day of kicking back, cold beer in hand (hence, the comfortable Proof Elements Jacket and classic spring sneakers). Of course, if you’ve got to get out and about on a rainy day, then this look also works just fine — check out the tough rubber-strap watch and some of the the toughest EDC gear, for starters. If things warm up unexpectedly, you can ditch the jacket and rock the band-collar shirt on its own (more on that in a second). We’re all about easygoing-yet-polished seasonal style, and this look checks all the right boxes — plus, it’s hard to knock the fact that the weather finally allows you to wear your favorite sneakers again, ehh? To let me know what you think of these gear picks, find me on Twitter.
- The Everyday Pants: Western Rise Diversion Pants, $138 — Incredibly, Western Rise spent three years developing these stylish everyday pants, featuring stretchy DWR fabric, durable canvas and a streamlined fit to wear from day to night. Your new favorite pants? Quite possibly.
- The Jacket: Proof Elements Jacket, $148 — To get from A to B in style, grab one of the best spring jackets, the dependable Proof Elements Jacket — it’s no hassle and no frills, and it looks just great when worn with stylish everyday pants.
- The Shirt: Taylor Stitch Short-Sleeve Bandit Shirt, $98 — Because you’re layering up with one of the best spring jackets, it’s OK to rock a stylish short-sleeve shirt underneath — especially a cool band-collar shirt from our friends at Taylor Stitch.
- The Stylish Sneakers: North 89 No-1 Sneakers, $240 — It’s finally time to break out some classic spring sneakers, and these North 89 No-1 Sneakers are unique, eye-catching and versatile enough to wear to the office (truly).
- The Watch: VAER Watches A5 Automatic, $450 — For everyday style that stands out quietly, reach for this tough rubber-strap watch (although this VAER Watches timepiece also comes with a Horween leather strap).
- The Belt: Maximum Henry Slim Oval Belt, $115 — Keep things minimal and streamlined with this stylish leather belt from Brooklyn’s own Maximum Henry — it’s an investment-level leather belt, to be sure.
- The Grooming Essential: Duke Cannon Coal Miner Oil Control Cleanser, $12 — Clever name aside — a pretty neat thing to have in your medicine cabinet — Duke Cannon is making one of the best face cleansers for men, one guaranteed to target oily skin from the get-go. It’s a true grooming essential for spring.
- The EDC Essential: Bellroy Minimalist EDC Set, $99 — For getting around on the go, you need the toughest EDC gear you can find — kind of like the sleek Bellroy Minimalist EDC Set, yes?
The proper blend of comfort and flexibility starts from the ground up here with the Western Rise Diversion Pants, namely. With a DWR finish and plenty of pockets for your everyday carry (like the Bellroy Minimalist EDC Set), they’re perfectly ready for spring style and plenty of adventures. The polished-yet-cool nature of this outfit is taken up a notch with a stylish short-sleeve shirt, one that you can even wear to the office. And for your commute to the office, you’ll find no better, tougher jacket than the Proof Elements Jacket — it’s dependable, it’s easy to wear for travel (when we’re able to travel again, that is to say), and it pairs quite nicely with the North 89 No-1 Sneakers for crisp-yet-casual seasonal style. It’s the blend of a unique band-collar shirt, combined with travel-ready pants from Western Rise, that gives this look a sense of day-to-night style (when you can get back outside, that is). Be sure to pair up those trousers with a stylish leather belt, too. Of course, accessories also elevate this look, and a tough rubber-strap watch keeps things from getting too stuffy. Taking care of your mug doesn’t stop now that it’s spring, either, so make sure one of the best face cleansers for men is part of your daily routine. All of your bases are covered when it comes to versatile spring style, that much is true. To see how I’m dressing for the season, be sure to head to my Instagram.