If you ask me, it’s pretty hard to believe we’re rolling into Labor Day weekend. Where did the summer go? I spent a solid chunk of time in Michigan, took trips upstate with Laphroaig and Eddie Bauer (geared up accordingly) and yet, here we are talking already about the best Labor Day sales and fall menswear from brands like Taylor Stitch. I’ll have a full list of standout long weekend sales to shop below, but it’s the San Francisco-based retailer I’ve been especially impressed with as of late. In fact, if you need new Taylor Stitch menswear, the long weekend is an ideal time to get it: The long-running brand is offering 20 percent off sitewide (including new releases) and giving you an additional 20 percent off its already-discounted Taylor Stitch Workshop. These deals won’t’ be around for long (try next Monday the 6th), so you’d do well to load up that shopping cart with a few of my favorites from Taylor Stitch.
Besides shopping for some early fall style favorites (most of which you can also find my Shop By The Style Guide), I’ll be staying busy this weekend writing about one of my other passions – music – for an upcoming piece on a post-punk album by a Scottish rock band… any guesses?? Look for it soon at Merry-Go-Round Magazine. I’m also hoping to take advantage of what should be a more dry weekend than wet and wild weather that hit earlier this week via the remnants of Tropical Storm Ida. On the docket for me? Raising a beer at a Brooklyn brewery (follow along on Instagram to find out which!) and wrapping up work on my latest music-menswear-craft beer newsletter, The Style Guide In Brief — folks, it’s free to subscribe! In the meantime, I’ll give you plenty to pique your interest this weekend via the best Labor Day menswear sales.
- Huckberry: Can you ever go wrong with shopping the Huckberry Sale Section? Get standout deals on menswear, from slippers to polos to chinos, across the board ASAP.
- Grayers: Shop the Grayers Labor Day Sale to get an extra 30 percent off on-sale items using the code EXTRA30, good for up to 70 percent off in total.
- American Provenance: The all-natural, American-made grooming brand is offering 20 percent off all orders through Monday with the code LDAP20.
- Bespoke Post: Get up to 60 percent off some of your favorite goods for men, from EDC essentials to shirting, in the well-stocked Bespoke Post Sale section.
- AETHER Apparel: The rugged, modern menswear brand is still running its End-of-Season Sale, featuring the best men’s shirt jackets, fall layers and plenty more (no code needed).
- Todd Snyder: One of the country’s best menswear designers is offering up to 75 percent off Todd Snyder Sale items when you use the code LABORDAY30 for an extra 30 percent off. Not bad at all!
- Filson: As I wrote about last Sunday, the Filson Last Chance Sale Section is packed with the most rugged fall menswear you can find, and well in advance of layering season. Get up to 60 percent off your new favorite fall menswear, folks.
- Bonobos: For a limited time, get 25 percent off some of the best everyday menswear with the code BONVOYAGE. Hurry up and shop while this deal still stands, my friends.
- GREATS: In addition to everyday style essentials, you also need some of the best men’s sneakers for fall. Get 25 percent off sale styles from the Brooklyn sneaker brand with the code BYESUMMER (a $75 order minimum is required). Hop to it!
- HELM Boots: The makers of some of your favorite boots are offering up the best men’s boots for fall at even lower prices (try 25 percent off sitewide, plus free shipping and returns). Lace ’em up, folks.
How’s that for the right way to kick off Labor Day weekend? Shopping and stocking up on new fall gear and end-of-summer style essentials is but one of the things to focus on this weekend. Elsewhere, I hope you get some time to kick back, relax, reflect on the summer (safely) with friends and family, and perhaps enjoy a cold beverage of your choice. I know I’ll be making an effort to do so, without a doubt. For now, thanks for reading and thanks for supporting The Style Guide!