Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
We’re coming to the end of a four-day week that’s felt a lot longer than that (starting a new gig will do that to you — check out the About page for more on my transition!). But the holiday weekend was definitely a nice one, and hopefully things are going smoothly as you kick off summer. (Got your travel accessories covered, by the way?). Check out a selection of mostly style-related reading picks for your weekend going forward below.
- The ever-stylish team at GQ tackles everything you need to know about rocking a short-sleeve shirt for the summer.
- Know a college or high school graduate? Or a dad? A dad-graduate? Joe at Dappered dishes out his picks for twelve watches worthy of such a momentous occasion.
- AskMen hands out its awards for the postseason’s best-dressed with the NBA playoffs in full swing
- Long(ish) Read of the Week: The New York Times examines the somewhat underexamined side of the FIFA corruption scandal — the reactions of the event’s many sponsors to the whirlwind of controversy surrounding soccer’s international governing body.
Got a hankering for more style content?
- Our esteemed guest contributor Madhav Sekar of Wardrobe Domination offered up his pick earlier this week for the best men’s sneakers to own right now.
- I had the chance to take a pair of Taylor Stitch chinos for a spin — even wrote about it for GearHungry (Editor’s note: A full review with original photo content is planned for this blog next month; be on the lookout!).