Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
How is October treating you so far? Well, I hope? I had quite the (unexpectedly) busy week this week as a result of the annual College Music Journal Showcase that’s rolling through Brooklyn and Manhattan. I’ve been lucky enough to both see and spend some time with excellent Brooklyn-based band Mainland (openers for Atlas Genius earlier this fall) as part of my day job — increasingly, becoming a night job — repping Timberland Boots. These guys are worth a listen if you dig The Strokes and bands of that nature, and they’ll be rocking Timberland gear in the coming months to boot! I also had the chance to connect with the team behind Elohim, also fans of Timberland as luck would have it. She churns out great vibes and a super-cool audio-visual experience — look it up! To cap off a busy week, it’s also the weekend of the famed and much-hyped Michigan-Michigan State football game — should be quite exciting all-around. But enough about all that for now. Get a look at the best of the week in men’s style and beyond, below.
- As you work more transitional style into your fall wardrobe, this piece could be worth a read — GQ breaks down the dressier long-sleeve polo you should incorporate into your closet.
- Get Kempt toasts the man of the hour on his birthday, Mr. Ralph Lauren.
- My friends at VOUCH Mag cover off on the three travel journals you should own to bolster your style game in transport.
- Unbelievable Read of the Week: Switching things up from the regular Long Read this week, a writer at Noisey regales the Internet with the tale of how he tried sell a bag of air — yes, air — from Williamsburg for $20,000 on eBay.
Get more #menswear below:
- I got the lowdown on the Global Citizen Exchange, a really worthwhile venture being undertaken by the great folks at Apolis in my latest VOUCH Mag piece.
- If you find yourself in the market for a tech-savvy smartwatch, learn all about BLOCKS — the world’s first customizable smartwatch — in my most recent GearHungry post.