In the hustle and bustle between holding down a PR job and keeping things (mostly) afloat at The Style Guide, there are days where I prefer to just grab and go when it comes to my personal style. Do you feel much the same way? Well, good sir (or madam!), today’s #OOTD is for you. We’re talking the best way to wear a denim jacket this summer — a classic denim jacket is a grab-and-go style move that I find myself making more often than not, especially in these somewhat breezy days of early summer, where a sunny afternoon can shift to a cloudy night quite quickly. The Levi’s Trucker Jacket shown below is a timeless style staple, a silhouette that looks good on any guy. It looks even better when paired with some crisp-yet-simple brown dress shoes and pieces like a tough leather belt. What’s more, a rugged denim jacket adds a bit of visual edge to even simple looks — take, for instance, the slim grey T-shirt and classic five-pocket pants featured below. That, to me, is grab-and-go style at its best. The type of style that looks polished and considered, but not too perfect. The type of style that’s perfect for, well, right now. Count this #OOTD as perfect for weekend happy hour or a patio party, or even a day on the road — you’d be surprised how handy a Levi’s Trucker Jacket can be (can you tell I’m a fan?). If you’ve got thoughts of your own on this #menswear ensemble, let me know on Twitter. Onward!
- The Denim Jacket: Levi’s Trucker Jacket in Queen, $89.50 — The casual light wash and lightweight cotton construction make the Levi’s Trucker Jacket an easy summer layering move, particularly over a classic grey tee.
- The T-Shirt: Taylor Stitch Triblend Tee in Grey, $38 — We’ve sung the praises of the Taylor Stitch Triblend Tee on the blog before. To be sure, the Triblend Tee in Grey is simple, comfortable and exceedingly well-made — it’s more than good enough to stand on its own.
- The Pants: Flint and Tinder 365 Pants in Earth, $98 — The cut of jeans with the fabrication of chinos — the Flint and Tinder 365 Pants are an everyday staple that exude timeless, cool style — perfect for summer.
The Shoes: Thursday Boots Statesman Dress Shoes in Brown, $180 — The shoes really do make this outfit — understated dress shoes add a unique bit of high-low style here; they’re a cut above laidback high-top sneakers, so wear this look to get patio drinks at your favorite cocktail bar.
The Socks: Arvin Goods Camp Socks, $15 — No stuffy wool boot socks here — just well-made, breathable Arvin Goods socks with some nice texture and color.
- The Belt: Levi’s Linden Roller Belt, $35 — A textured leather belt is going to keep this outfit firmly in casual territory– it’s a nice contrast to the crisp dress shoes and the stylish watch (you’ll see it in just a minute!)
The Watch: Shinola Runwell Watch, $550 — The beauty of a denim jacket-and-tee combo, matched up with simple-yet-sharp dress shoes? Your watch can toe that same line — the Shinola Runwell Watch is investment-worthy and sharp, yet it’s still a classic leather watch that’s understated enough to fit right in.
- The Sunglasses: Raen Optics Wiley Sunglasses, $135 — Because the rest of this outfit is stylish, yet not over-the-top, your sunglasses can be used to inject just a bit of visual interest into the look. Turn to Raen Optics.
We’re turning the page on today’s #OOTD. Have you come around to the idea of wearing a classic denim jacket a little more casually this summer? When accessorized with the right staple pieces — like the simple-yet-effective Triblend Tee in Grey and the nicely tailored Flint and Tinder 365 Pants — it offers a bit of standout style without going overboard. It’s timeless, it’s rugged, it works for breezy summer nights and cool days … the Levi’s Trucker Jacket sure is a winner. That’s grab-and-go style personified. Crisp dress shoes are an interesting and unique substitution for classic sneakers — give it a try sometime and see where it takes you. Just because we’re going casual doesn’t give you an excuse to cut corners on the accessories front — start with a rugged leather belt from Levi’s, then add the Shinola Runwell Watch to seal the deal. Arvin Goods socks bring some sustainability and style into the equation — just the right amount of visual contrast when peeking out from underneath the cuff of your Flint and Tinder 365 Pants, ehh? On the eyewear front, Raen Optics has you covered in matters of both looks and functionality. Remember, the building blocks of any grab-and-go look are often pieces right in front of you — a cool denim jacket, an easygoing tee, some classic five-pocket pants. From there? Go anywhere you please this summer. Oh, and grab me a pint, will ya? Cheers!