The first thing you might notice about today’s #OOTD? Well, it’s a post that talks about how to wear your favorite summer tee … yet the stylish T-shirt in question is being layered up, not worn on its own. It’s small styling touches that are going to provide you with both visual interest and versatility, as crucial in the summer months as it is the rest of the year. Take, for instance, a park stroll that turns into coffee that turns into lunch that turns into a round of beers … and another round. Want to be able to hop from one spot to the next with versatility in mind? Layering a rugged cotton twill shirt (like the American Giant number seen below) atop a slim navy T-shirt — AKA this one from Taylor Stitch — is one way to meet the demands of the day with both style and functionality in mind. The best T-shirts for summer offer layering potential and a crisp, classic look — such is the case with the Taylor Stitch T-shirt below. And as you’d expect, standout accessories, from timeless suede chukka boots to an investment-worthy watch, are going to take this simple-yet-stylish outfit to the next level. Again, it’s layers that can take a look to the next level, and with that in mind, I think you’re going to dig today’s #OOTD. If, in the meantime, you want a dash of style as it happens, follow me on Instagram. Thanks for reading!
- The T-Shirt: Taylor Stitch Heavy Bag Tee in Navy, $45 — A classic navy T-shirt made from sustainable fabric and done up in a standout fit.
- The Overshirt: American Giant Highway Shirt in Whiskey, $99 –Although it might be too hot to wear some days, this rugged cotton twill shirt is the perfect layer when the weather turns breezy or cloudy.
- The Denim: Revtown Automatic Denim in Dark Indigo, $75 — Faded just-so, this pair of slim dark denim is a four-season essential — yes, even during summer.
- The Chukka Boots: Astorflex Greenflex Rough in Sand, $155 — Who doesn’t love a classic pair of chukka boots? You need the Astorflex Greenflex Rough Boots all summer long, and then some.
- The Socks: CIVIC The Merino Sock in Blue and Grey Stripe, $22.50 — The right pair of socks seems to (still) be vastly underrated these days — CIVIC’s Merino Socks are out to change that.
- The Belt: Levi’s Aberdeen Belt, $38 — Don’t have a rugged leather belt yet? Fix that now — the Levi’s Aberdeen Belt can add some surprising interest to outfits that lean more heavily on one color (a la the navy items in this particular ensemble).
- The Watch: Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 Compression Watch, $1,295 — When your outfit is straightforward and classic, you can amp up your wrist game a little bit — or a lot. The handsome, functional and investment-worthy Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 Compression Watch is a stunner.
- The Grooming Essential: Duke Cannon News Anchor 2-in-1 Hair Wash, $14 – Your head and your hair deserve a better kind of clean, and this shampoo-conditioner blend from Duke Cannon should give you a significant boost.