Although I can nearly hear an audible gasp coming from the assembled crowd now, there’s still plenty good reason for you to wear a pair of rugged leather boots … even in the summer months. It can be done, and it all comes down to time and place. So, that’s where today’s #OOTD is taking us — should you add leather boots to your list of summer style essentials? I, for one, think so. And believe you me, you’re going to want to wear the stylish leather boots featured below as much as you can once you feast your eyes on ’em. The Viberg Service Boots as seen below are truly the exception to the rule when it comes to stowing away your boots for the summer months. If you’re heading out on a camping trip, rocking your way through a music festival — like The National’s Homecoming Festival! — or simply knocking back beers at your favorite microbrewery, there’s something to be said for breaking out a pair of hard-wearing leather boots, particularly on days and nights when the heat isn’t too overwhelming. The other key comes in how you wear these durable leather boots — thus, a classic pocket tee, rugged dark denim and a lightweight overshirt (for a breezy evening) are the pieces we’re calling into duty alongside the Viberg Service Boots. Still skeptical? Follow me.
- The Denim: Taylor Stitch Slim Jeans in Cone Mills Selvedge, $98 — A beautiful pair of stylish dark denim from Taylor Stitch is the perfect base for this casually rugged outfit. Break in these bad boys ASAP.
- The Boots: Viberg Service Boots, $690 (Huckberry Exclusive) — Ahh, yes. Here are the rugged leather boots in question, my friends. These Viberg boots sure will break in nicely over time — wear ’em for plenty of summer adventures.
- The Belt: Line of Trade Veg-Tanned Leather Belt, $55 — A richly crafted, stylish leather belt is one of the more underrated accessories a guy can own — get yours with this Line of Trade belt, now.
- The Socks: Anonymousism Wigwam Jacquard Crew Socks, $20 — Mark my words, you can’t beat a good pair of subtly stylish Anonymousism patterned socks. These are some of the best out there, in any season.
- The Watch: Form-Function-Form Horween Leather Chronograph, $118.98 — Simplicity and rugged style in one affordable package is what you’re getting with this Timex leather chronograph — the perfect foil for rugged leather boots.
- The Everyday Carry: J. Stark Prospect Briefcase, $295 — Want an extra-tough, extra-durable bag that’s going to help get your everyday carry in order? You want the J. Stark Prospect Briefcase.
- The Hat: Corridor NYC Cap in Indigo, $45 — What’s better than a stylish, casual ballcap? A ballcap made from cool indigo denim. It’s a fitting topper to this casual-yet-unique ensemble.
- The Grooming Essential: GOA Purifying Face Cleanser, $36 — For fighting the effects of your vices (I.E. Mass beer consumption) on your skin, the GOA Purifying Face Cleanser is premium and very well-made.
So. that’ll wrap up today’s #OOTD. What’s your favorite part of this look? Hopefully, it’s opened up your mind to the potential that a pair of rugged leather boots can bring to the table in terms of style, even in the summer. If you keep the rest of your basics simple and functional, yet visually interesting, like the Finisterre Lerwick Shirt and the tough Taylor Stitch Heavy Bag Tee, you’ll surely be in good shape when breezy summer days and nights roll into town. And much like your leather boots, a pair of stylish dark denim from Taylor Stitch will break in quite nicely over time — so there’s that. Everyday carry essentials like the J. Stark Prospect Briefcase and a functionally minded Timex leather chronograph are also important components of any summer style ensemble, much less one that could go from a farmer’s market trip to a park stroll to a brewery — who’s with me on that? Small touches, like apair of Anonymousism patterned socks or an indigo cap, are cool, unexpected and ready for anything, too. And again, you’re not going to regret investing in a pair of the Viberg Service Boots — trust me on that. At any rate: It’s time to get out there and explore! Cheers and thanks for reading.