Make no mistake, Style Guide readers — we’ve talked in the past in our #OOTD series about how to dress for a concert. But if you, like me, are in favor of shaking up your style from time to time with a slew of new-and-improved menswear essentials, well then … today’s amped-up post is for you. Dressing for a rock concert or that last music festival of summer is yet another situation in which you can up your game just a bit — by sticking with excellent essentials like tough leather boots and a stylish denim shirt, you’re going to strike just the right balance. The key here is neither looking like you just got out of work (change out of that dress shirt and trousers) or like you’re attempting to imitate Mick Jagger (tight leather pants are a no-no, my friends). So, we’re going with an ensemble you could feasibly wear to work (in a casual environment), and then right out to an outdoor summer concert or an indoor club show with ease. Slim black jeans, a classic white T-shirt and a stylish casual watch also help do the heavy lifting for you. That’s why I’m pleased to introduce you to today’s headliner-worthy essentials. Cheers!
- The Shirt: Flint and Tinder Bone Button Western Shirt, $128 — Consider this rugged Western shirt from Flint and Tinder your new favorite shirt — cool and edgy enough to wear to an outdoor concert, stylish and sharp enough to pass at the office during the day.
- The Denim: Flint and Tinder Black Stonewashed Jeans, $118 — Black jeans? At a rock concert? Not entirely groundbreaking, to be sure, but like Mr. Matt Berninger of The National, I just can’t get enough of slim black jeans at a rock show.
- The Boots: Huckberry x Original Chippewa 6-Inch Service Boots, $182.98 — To be sure, tough leather boots aren’t exactly a groundbreaking rock n’roll style move, but the Huckberry x Original Chippewa Service Boots are versatile and tough enough to work at indoor or outdoor rock shows aplenty.
- The Belt: Line of Trade Veg-Tanned Leather Belt, $55 — Never underestimate the visual interest and style power of a well-made leather belt. This one just so happens to match your rugged leather boots, too.
- The Socks: Little River Sock Mill Multi-Stripe Crew Socks, $20 — Comfortable socks are going to go a long way in giving your feet some much-needed cushion and comfort during an hours-long show — Little River Sock Mill gets the job done in terms of style and function.
- The Watch: Timex Navi Ocean Watch, $155 — A stylish casual watch is going to serve a dual role at a rock show, keeping you on time while injecting your look with a bit of functional fashion.
- The Sunglasses: Taylor Stitch Legend Sunglasses, $175 — Whether you’re attending a summer or fall outdoor festival or an evening show, the just-different-enough vibes of the Taylor Stitch Legend Sunglasses are an essential capper to this rugged #OOTD.
Does this #OOTD have enough tough, rock-ready concert gear for you? I certainly think it does. Whether you’re heading to a dingy rock club and sipping on PBR or hanging out at a beautiful outdoor amphitheatre or a breezy festival in the coming months, this ensemble just … works. Staple pieces like a rugged Western shirt from Flint and Tinder, teamed with a stylish white T-shirt step things up significantly from the norm, while sleek, slim black jeans accent the look with some rock n’roll edge. Dependable, stylish leather boots from the exclusive Huckberry x Original Chippewa collaboration give the look both functionality and rugged flair — there’s nothing I love to wear more to a concert than some tough leather boots. Socks from Little River Sock Mill provide comfort and a touch of style without going over the top, while a stylish casual watch from our friends at Timex finishes off this look with functionality and understated style. Oh, and to keep the sun out of your eyes so you can take in all the glory of a great live show? Throw on the Taylor Stitch Legend Sunglasses for a classic-yet-modern vibe. And now, belly up to the bar, grab a pint and rock on! Cheers!