Look around you, my friends — it’s well and truly fall! How about that? That means, at least in my mind, that you’ve got plenty on your to-do list: Football tailgating, brewery hopping, coffee shop visits, pumpkin picking, maybe even a brisk outdoor night of grilling. At any rate, you’re going to need to wear something — might as well reach for casual, durable fall style essentials that pack a punch and work in plenty of different scenarios. Start with a performance-minded flannel shirt to take you from the pumpkin patch to the distillery, then toss in other fall must-haves like a rugged long-sleeve henley, slim faded jeans and classic chukka boots. It’s a recipe for success, in my mind. You’re getting comfort and warmth thanks to the henley-flannel combo, you’re getting the ability to last for long hours on your feet thanks to the Astorflex chukka boots, and you’re even getting a dash of the adventure-ready spirit of fall with your new favorite dive watch. Throw in accessories like a durable belt and stylish socks, and you’re all set. Granted, you’re not likely to be taking this rig on any deep-sea adventures … but just know that all the variables have been considered. So, let’s get you into today’s #OOTD. Like what you see? Check in with me on Twitter to let me know.
- The Stylish Henley: Knickerbocker Mfg. Co Long-Sleeve Henley, $64.98 — Don’t think twice when it comes to picking up this classic long-sleeve henley, ideal for adding some visual interest to a weekend look.
- The Flannel Shirt: Mizzen + Main Benton Plaid Flannel Shirt, $145 — The rare flannel shirt that’s rugged, yet refined. Perfect for weekend layering.
- The Jacket: Abercrombie & Fitch Deck Bomber Jacket, $140 — A cozy, tough-as-heck jacket that channels classic maritime style.
- The Classic Jeans: Buck Mason Slim Denim in 12-Month Wash, $178 — Timeless jeans in a pleasing wash that’ll wear easy for a fall weekend.
- The Durable Fall Boots: Astorflex Greenflex in Dark Khaki, $145 — The classic suede chukka boots you’ve been waiting for. Seriously comfortable and seriously stylish.
- The Socks: Danner Work Midweight Merino Crew Socks, $18 — Might as well reach for stylish socks to add comfort and functionality to your ensemble, right?
- The Adventure-Ready Watch: DuFrane Watches Barton Springs 656 Diver, $590.98 — This outfit calls for a classic watch that can take a bit of a beating — DuFrane Watches has you covered, no questions asked.
- The Belt: Arcade Belt Co. Guide Slim Belt, $30 — A functional, capable belt that’s much more durable than average.
OK, who’s ready for a fall weekend? What’s on your agenda? Whatever that might be, I know you can take it on in comfort and style with pieces like a stretch flannel shirt and dependable base layers like a Knickerbocker Mfg. Co long-sleeve henley. Throw on a tough, heritage-inspired Abercrombie & Fitch jacket to nicely complement what should be a comfortable pair of slim, perfectly faded Buck Mason denim — always necessary for any weekend, if you ask me. On the footwear front, durable fall boots from Astorflex are a winning weekend style move, offering comfort through the elements — the same can be said when it comes to your Danner merino crew socks, right? And if I were you, I wouldn’t doubt the toughness or versatility of the exceptional DuFrane Springs Barton Watch or the adventure-ready quality of the Arcade Belt Co. Guide Slim Belt. And, well … that’s really all there is to it. Again, feel free to check in with me via The Style Guide Facebook page to let me know your thoughts on these men’s style essentials for the season. Cheers!