You could say a pair of classic white sneakers is akin to a true summer style essential, something that can be worn every day and in nearly every single style situation. So with that variety of options, how is anyone to say what the best way to wear white sneakers could be? Well, I’d like to give it a shot with today’s #OOTD, here just in time for summer weekends aplenty. We’re starting out with SeaVees canvas sneakers, a more casual pair that you should feel free to utilize in off-duty style situations galore, from a long weekend away to a lazy brunch at your favorite farm-to-table restaurant. You’ll note the rest of the #menswear picks below give this outfit a similar go-anywhere vibe, from the rugged denim shirt to a classic slub tee — think easy-to-wear summer weekend style. We top it all off with slim, lightweight chinos and of course, a VAER Watches timepiece for maximum versatility. From grabbing beers with the guys to grabbing a coffee with your partner on a breezy summer Saturday, this is the best way to wear white sneakers this summer. Or at least, I think it is. Get the full scoop below!
- The Classic White Sneakers: SeaVees Hermosa Plimsoll Sneakers, $88 — It’s hard to go wrong with SeaVees sneakers, what with a classic profile and casual, laidback vibes. They could be your new favorite sneakers, surely.
- The Shirt: Mott and Bow Slim Wythe Buttondown, $79 — A premium cotton, surprisingly lightweight denim shirt gives off both laidback and more rugged vibes — a happy middle ground with classic white sneakers, especially from Mott and Bow.
- The Tee: Flint and Tinder Heavy Slub Tee, $28 — We’ve talked in the past about how the Flint and Tinder Slub Tee is one of the best men’s T-shirts in the game … they’re a helpful mid-layer on breezy summer days, too.
- The Pants: Relwen Lightweight Flex Chinos, $198 — You can easily swap in stylish shorts here, but a pair of slim, lightweight chinos is as essential as it gets for easygoing summer style.
- The Watch: VAER Watches Heritage Watch, $169.98 — A stylish leather watch is nearly the perfect complement to any summer #OOTD — especially this one from VAER Watches.
- The Sunglasses: Pacifico Optical Yachtmaster Sunglasses, $164.98 — Accessories make the outfit, even if we’re mainly focused on your classic white sneakers — these are some of the best men’s sunglassses you can buy now.
- The Everyday Carry: Filson Ballistic Nylon Dryden Briefcase, $175 — We’ve mentioned this durable Filson bag before, but wherever you need to go, it can handle your everyday carry with ease.
- The Grooming Essential: Duke Cannon Standard Issue Face Lotion, $15 — Especially in the blistering hot summer months, an essential face lotion from a brand like Duke Cannon is truly critical.
The amazing thing about a pair of sneakers — in fact, your new favorite sneakers — is the variety of ways in which they can be worn, even just beyond this #OOTD. Here, as we mentioned, we’re keeping things much more casual with a denim shirt and of course, an essential, made-in-America T-shirt from Huckberry. Pieces like slim, lightweight chinos give this ensemble a bit of a more polished feel, as at ease strolling around the park as when worn to your favorite coffee shop — similarly, a pair of the best men’s sunglassses add some polish & instant cool. This outfit is casual but subtly stylish, all the better when it comes time to leave your house for the day (or early evening). And if you fancy loading up your laptop and getting some work done on the weekends, well, a durable Filson bag fits right in with the more rugged confines of this look. You can also never go wrong with a stylish leather watch — especially if you’re headed to a BBQ or rooftop happy hour. If you’re sensing a theme here, it’s that classic white sneakers can be worn nearly any way you can dream up. Be sure to use some Duke Cannon face lotion to keep your skin sharp and at its best, too. Again,classic white sneakers really don’t mess around when it comes time to step out in style. Have any thoughts on this ensemble? Let me know on Twitter. Thanks for reading!