The simple pleasures are really what summer is all about — like wearing a pair of the best men’s chinos to do, well, whatever it is you please. From preparing a lovely meal on your patio grill to spending long hours with friends and family on your back deck or on vacation, summer seems primed for those types of opportunities — especially if you wear the proper men’s style essentials as outlined in this #OOTD, including, again, some stylish men’s chinos from Flint and Tinder (more on why you need that exact pair in a second). The right pair of lightweight, stylish chinos can step things up a notch from shorts — no matter how stylish your shorts might be, it’s sometimes a nice gesture to shake things up a bit and go just a touch dressier. And for an easygoing summer evening, we’ll balance things out with a stylish short-sleeve shirt (leave the blazer at home), to go along with a classic NATO strap watch. The overall impact of this #OOTD is one that nods toward casual style and great times, without being too bold or over-the-top — the absolute perfect balance for summer, in my mind. No matter where your plans take you, that sounds agreeable to me. To see how I’m dressing for summer, head to my Instagram — and to get the full ensemble, read below!
- The Chinos: Flint and Tinder Cool Chinos, $98 — We’ve previously talked on the blog about these stylish men’s chinos from Flint and Tinder, and they’re the preferred pick today — some of the best men’s chinos (and the lightest weight!) out there.
- The Shirt: Lisboa Emilio Short-Sleeve Shirt, $98 — The perfect way to stay cool as it heats up? With a stylish short-sleeve shirt from Lisboa, of course.
- The Shoes: Yuketen Canoe Moc, $300 — You could easily wear a pair of stylish retro sneakers here, as well … but the Yuketen Canoe Mocs offer the right blend of laidback and rugged style for your next happy hour.
- The Summer Watch: Laco Aachen 42 Watch, $410 — Finding the right summer watch is all about balance — this Laco watch is both rugged and refined, and it could be your new favorite casual watch.
- The Sunglasses: Pacifico Optical Yacht Master Sunglasses, $164.98 — Whether you hang out on a refined rooftop or knock back a cold one in your backyard, stylish sunglasses like these are the way to go (and they’re highly affordable, too).
- The Belt: Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt in Chocolate Weatherproof Suede, $88 — A richly crafted, stylish suede belt is an underrated summer style accessory that adds a bit of refinement to any outfit.
- The Refreshing Drink: Sobremesa Blue Rim Margarita Set, $65 — Skip the expensive cocktails on the town this time (or not!) with this make-your-own margarita glass set — stylish and refined the whole way through.
- The Grooming Essential: Duke Cannon Solid Cologne in Bourbon, $25 — Step up your summer scent game (say that five times fast) with this richly scented solid cologne from my pals at Duke Cannon.
Are you onboard with this #OOTD for a casual summer night? When you keep the focus on simple, classic men’s style essentials — I.E. stylish men’s chinos from Flint and Tinder — the rest of your ensemble can truly shine. And lightweight chinos are going to provide a perfect counterbalance in terms of style when paired up with a stylish short-sleeve shirt from Lisboa — see, you’re already all set for your next rooftop or backyard party. Throw in some summer-ready touches, like your new favorite casual watch and a pair of the rugged-yet-cool Yuketen Canoe Mocs, and you’re breezy and well-dressed (possibly the best-dressed guy at the entire affair??). Summer calls for on-point accessories across the board, including stylish sunglasses and a stylish suede belt — it’s all about keeping things casual yet still sharp. Whether you host or spend the evening with friends, I’d also wager just about anyone can appreciate something like a make-your-own margarita glass set, ideally filled with a homemade recipe. Last but not least, to tie things all together … put on a richly scented solid cologne from Duke Cannon to really drive home the easygoing-yet-stylish appeal of this #OOTD. That’s about everything you need for a great summer day or night, correct? Correct. Enjoy the season, folks!