If, for some reason, wearing a classic Oxford shirt — even a Flint and Tinder Oxford shirt — sounds a bit boring or stale to you, well, we’re here to change all of that today with a new #OOTD for your summer style pleasure. The basics of the classic Oxford shirt stay the same, and yet the wearing occasions and the way it’s being worn are different here. Namely, we’re mixing it up with lightweight slim chinos and classic chukka boots — that way, you’ve got the option to wear it out to the bar on the weekend or head to the office on a laidback day (or, both!). Again, it’s all about the way you’re wearing a classic Oxford shirt, and in this instance, it’s not stuffy in the slightest. Throw in a pair of the best men’s sunglasses, and this #OOTD is even cool enough (literally and figuratively) for a first date. Again, this isn’t your run-of-the-mill Oxford shirt — it’s cut slim and tailored, and in a lighter, breezier fabric for summer (undoubtedly critical). The Oxford shirt has remained a style staple through the years for a reason, and it’s long past its preppy roots — heck, unbutton the buttondown collar if you’re feeling a bit adventurous (wink, wink). The way this outfit is put together, it’s ready for whatever you’ve got in mind this season. To see how I’m wearing my Oxford shirt, head to my Instagram.
- The Classic Oxford: Flint and Tinder Soft Washed Oxford, $108 — We’ve talked in the past about the quality and versatility you get with a Flint and Tinder Oxford shirt, and that’s no different here. It’s potentially your new favorite shirt, easily.
- The Pants: Relwen Lightweight Flex Chinos, $198 — These stylish slim chinos are an investment, to be sure, but Relwen knows how to make ’em; they’re casual enough for the weekend and smart enough for the office.
- The Classic Chukka Boots: Astorflex Greenflex Boots, $165 — There’s never a bad time to wear a pair of classic chukka boots, especially when paired up with stylish slim chinos and of course, an iconic Oxford shirt.
- The Watch: Lonegrade HDR140 Watch, $415 — Finding the best leather watch just got easier; in fact, it could be the Lonegrade HDR140, which strikes the perfect balance between casual and dressy.
- The Sunglasses: Pacifico Optical Yacht Master Sunglasses, $164.98 — The best men’s sunglasses, kind of like the best leather watch, toe the line between dressy and casual — that’s the case with this pair here.
- The Socks: Anonymousism Chevron Crew Socks, $30.98 — Not to be overlooked, these are the stylish printed socks you need right now — they should be lightweight and breathable for summer, too.
- The Belt: Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt in Whiskey Eagle, $88 — Nobody makes a stylish leather belt quite like Taylor Stitch, that’s just a fact. The perfect leather belt? Possibly.
- The EDC Essential: Tom Beckbe Bottle Flask, $150 –Whether you use this surprisingly stylish water bottle as an actual water bottle at work, or as a covert growler on an evening walk or park trip is … well, that’s up to you.
Ideally, this look is shaking up the way you think about your Oxford shirt — I know it’s made me see it in a different light. In the case of this Flint and Tinder Oxford shirt, it’s the right way to start an outfit, featuring lightweight summer fabric and a breezy-yet-tailored fit. In short, it’s the perfect pairing with stylish slim chinos, which makes this combo again ready for the office or for your favorite craft beer bar. But what really takes it from good to great are your accessories, selected with eyecatching versatility in mind. Take a pair of the best men’s sunglasses and mix ’em in with the stunning, sharp new Lonegrade HDR140 Watch, and you’ve got pieces that reflect your personality while looking stylish as heck at the same time. That’s also where subtly stylish printed socks come back into play, even in the summer months. They will sit especially nicely atop classic chukka boots, too. You can’t go wrong with any of these picks on their own, but paired up together? Talk about a major win, right? And for when you need to take your favorite craft beer on the go in style, finish things off with an ever-crucial accessory — a stylish water bottle. It’s a thing, I’m serious! And lest we forget, a stylish leather belt is really going to go a long way toward tying this all together. How about it? Who’s ready for the rest of July? Good answer.