Durable, dependable, made to last — that’s what Faherty Brand offers here. The perfect way to start your weekend.
Perhaps you, like me, are looking for one of the best men’s winter jackets as we head into another winter weekend (and as we dress for the polar vortex, no less). That being said, perhaps the Faherty Brand Atmosphere Hooded Jacket at the top of the page can get your weekend started right — that’s why we’re here with another edition of the Friday Read, after all. And to help you work on your New Year’s resolutions and bolster your winter style offerings, I think you’ll find plenty of handy, helpful tips and tricks below (A hint: That includes new boots from Taylor Stitch x Stetson). Elsewhere, when you start out with one of the most important layers — a rugged winter parka — you’re guaranteed to make it a great weekend (or at least, a bearable one in the snow and slush). I don’t have any doubt that I could get a lot of use this coming weekend out of the Faherty Brand Atmosphere Hooded Jacket, seeing as I plan on getting out and about in the borough with my new Pub Pass, a standout “coupon book” of sorts (but with a much cooler design) that offers free beer at some of the best spots in Brooklyn — I’ve already visited soccer-themed pub Banter, and I think I’ll make it a point to visit another favorite haunt (Covenhonven) soon, too. In the meantime, I’ll be keeping up with the latest music festival drops as we look ahead to summer — Coachella announced its lineup last week, Bonnaroo dropped its lineup earlier this week, and more are on the way. Who else is pumped?
You can keep up with all the fun on my Instagram — and for now, let’s dive into the rest of what you need to know this weekend.
- I mentioned above we’d dig into the new Taylor Stitch x Stetson Moto Boots as part of that standout collaboration, and well, here they are — I covered these outstanding, rugged leather boots for GearMoose, and they’re only available for pre-funding for a limited time. Best get right to it, folks.
- The headline of this post says it all — to kick off your weekend and keep your winter rolling, I wrote about the best Oxford shirts for my friends at The Manual. When you want classic men’s style essentials, an Oxford shirt is one of the best places to start.
- Maybe you want to ease into this year in casual, laidback style — the sort of style that can refresh your approach to wellness and provide you with new perspective and comfort. On that note, the folks at UpWest think they’ve got what you need, from cozy sweats to warm thermal shirts and more. Naturally then, I wrote about a clothing brand that can change your life — head to The Manual for more.
- Lastly, on the music front, I mentioned the 2020 Coachella lineup above — have you ever been to the country’s biggest music festival? I haven’t, and unless the indie rock quotient is upped significantly in future years, I can’t say when I will! But, to each their own. Back to menswear for now, OK?
Last but not least, I’m going to direct you back toward a pretty straightforward piece — my take on the best new menswear essentials to start the year. We cover solid cologne, new winter flannel shirting, dependable boots and plenty more — all of which are going to serve you well come 2020. OK, that’s all from me — time to kick back with some coffee (first) and a rich beer later. Cheers!
If, for some reason, wearing a classic Oxford shirt — even a Flint and Tinder Oxford shirt — sounds a bit boring or stale to you, well, we’re here to change all of that today with a new #OOTD for your summer style pleasure. The basics of the classic Oxford shirt stay the same, and yet the wearing occasions and the way it’s being worn are different here. Namely, we’re mixing it up with lightweight slim chinos and classic chukka boots — that way, you’ve got the option to wear it out to the bar on the weekend or head to the office on a laidback day (or, both!). Again, it’s all about the way you’re wearing a classic Oxford shirt, and in this instance, it’s not stuffy in the slightest. Throw in a pair of the best men’s sunglasses, and this #OOTD is even cool enough (literally and figuratively) for a first date. Again, this isn’t your run-of-the-mill Oxford shirt — it’s cut slim and tailored, and in a lighter, breezier fabric for summer (undoubtedly critical). The Oxford shirt has remained a style staple through the years for a reason, and it’s long past its preppy roots — heck, unbutton the buttondown collar if you’re feeling a bit adventurous (wink, wink). The way this outfit is put together, it’s ready for whatever you’ve got in mind this season. To see how I’m wearing my Oxford shirt, head to my Instagram.
A fresh-yet-classic way to wear your Oxford shirt.
- The Classic Oxford: Flint and Tinder Soft Washed Oxford, $108 — We’ve talked in the past about the quality and versatility you get with a Flint and Tinder Oxford shirt, and that’s no different here. It’s potentially your new favorite shirt, easily.
- The Pants: Relwen Lightweight Flex Chinos, $198 — These stylish slim chinos are an investment, to be sure, but Relwen knows how to make ’em; they’re casual enough for the weekend and smart enough for the office.
- The Classic Chukka Boots: Astorflex Greenflex Boots, $165 — There’s never a bad time to wear a pair of classic chukka boots, especially when paired up with stylish slim chinos and of course, an iconic Oxford shirt.
- The Watch: Lonegrade HDR140 Watch, $415 — Finding the best leather watch just got easier; in fact, it could be the Lonegrade HDR140, which strikes the perfect balance between casual and dressy.
- The Sunglasses: Pacifico Optical Yacht Master Sunglasses, $164.98 — The best men’s sunglasses, kind of like the best leather watch, toe the line between dressy and casual — that’s the case with this pair here.
- The Socks: Anonymousism Chevron Crew Socks, $30.98 — Not to be overlooked, these are the stylish printed socks you need right now — they should be lightweight and breathable for summer, too.
- The Belt: Taylor Stitch Stitched Belt in Whiskey Eagle, $88 — Nobody makes a stylish leather belt quite like Taylor Stitch, that’s just a fact. The perfect leather belt? Possibly.
- The EDC Essential: Tom Beckbe Bottle Flask, $150 –Whether you use this surprisingly stylish water bottle as an actual water bottle at work, or as a covert growler on an evening walk or park trip is … well, that’s up to you.
Ideally, this look is shaking up the way you think about your Oxford shirt — I know it’s made me see it in a different light. In the case of this Flint and Tinder Oxford shirt, it’s the right way to start an outfit, featuring lightweight summer fabric and a breezy-yet-tailored fit. In short, it’s the perfect pairing with stylish slim chinos, which makes this combo again ready for the office or for your favorite craft beer bar. But what really takes it from good to great are your accessories, selected with eyecatching versatility in mind. Take a pair of the best men’s sunglasses and mix ’em in with the stunning, sharp new Lonegrade HDR140 Watch, and you’ve got pieces that reflect your personality while looking stylish as heck at the same time. That’s also where subtly stylish printed socks come back into play, even in the summer months. They will sit especially nicely atop classic chukka boots, too. You can’t go wrong with any of these picks on their own, but paired up together? Talk about a major win, right? And for when you need to take your favorite craft beer on the go in style, finish things off with an ever-crucial accessory — a stylish water bottle. It’s a thing, I’m serious! And lest we forget, a stylish leather belt is really going to go a long way toward tying this all together. How about it? Who’s ready for the rest of July? Good answer.
Just one way to wear the stellar, remarkably well-made Flint and Tinder Oxford via Huckberry.
If there’s a shirt that stylish guys like you and me could — or should — wear everyday, it’d be the classic Oxford shirt. And luckily for you and me, the latest entry in The Style Guide’s See Now, Buy Now series fits the bill quite perfectly; it’s simply a piece that should likely buy, well, right now. We last talked about stylish wingtip boots for fall, and the astonishingly well-made, well-fitting and great-looking Flint and Tinder Texas-Made Oxford is assuredly next in line as you plan out your fall style wish list. Call it the changing of the seasons or the soon-to-be-changing color palette in nature, but as we look toward fall (and rugged fall style), yours truly is quite partial to the Flint and Tinder Charcoal Oxford . It’s worth noting that each of these classic Oxford shirts is stylish as heck, though. From the can’t-go-wrong light blue Flint and Tinder Oxford to the brand’s crisp white Oxford shirt, each can go just about anywhere (and it’s absolutely an asset that either one would team well with a pair of American-made denim from the fine folks at F&T).
And it’s certainly just as beneficial that they’ve found the right company to make these durable, modern-fitting Oxford shirts — a family outfit by way of El Paso that’s dialed in the slim-but-not-tight fit and well-crafted fabric (wearable even in the summer). Having checked out the Charcoal Oxford Shirt seen above, I can certainly vouch for this line through and through. Yes indeed, Flint and Tinder Oxford shirts check all of the boxes in your search for the perfect Oxford shirt. Able to team with a lightweight cotton sweater and slim chino shorts in the weeks ahead, and just as ready to wear under a crunchy tweed blazer alongside … you guessed it, rugged wingtip boots in the fall and winter. Oh, and they’re positively perfect in any color you pick up. When you find a shirt that great, it deserves your time, attention and dollars. True? True.
Is the Flint and Tinder Texas-Made Oxford the shirt for you? Let me know in the comments below!