OK, who’s ready for another winter Friday? The last winter Friday before Christmas, at that! Still wondering what gifts to buy for the stylish guy on your list? I’ve got you covered. And today’s Friday Read is going to take care of business quite nicely, too — you’ll find out about a new Taylor Stitch jacket, gifts for the whiskey lover, and plenty more. Of course, we’d be remiss not to mention one of the best winter jackets as shown above, a durable and weather-ready Faherty Brand puffer jacket (the Polar Fjord Puffer, to be exact), that’s worth investing in as you dress for the polar vortex (or wherever your holiday takes you). I won’t exactly be needing a rugged winter parka, however — this weekend, I’m hitting the road to sunny Florida yet again for a relaxing week of Christmas vacation! I was just in Florida for a lovely and relaxing Thanksgiving (as seen on my Instagram), and I’m very excited to get back! It’s always a wonderful time in Fort Myers, from trying out new and old breweries (Point Ybel Brewing is a perennial favorite) to taking in fun holiday activities like checking out the illustrious grounds of the Edison Ford Winter Estates, done up with excellent holiday decor. For now though, I’ve got my holiday party to enjoy at my day job, and a bit of a search for last-minute holiday gifts to undertake this weekend. Get your own weekend started the right way with another edition of the Friday Read — cheers to the season!
- As we said above, ’tis the season to layer up in style with one of the best new men’s jackets for your closet — in this case, we’re talking about a handsome bomber jacket from Taylor Stitch, as covered by yours truly at GearMoose. It’s both elegant and rugged at the same time — it’s the perfect holiday layer, in short. Heck, it could even be a reliable suggestion if you’re still searching for what to wear to your holiday party.
- So, we mentioned Faherty Brand up above — and there’s reason to turn back toward this highly stylish brand again, seeing as Faherty is offering expedited shipping and guaranteed delivery by the 24th on orders placed by Saturday. Hop to it, folks!
- Just when you thought the good folks at Florsheim couldn’t churn out men’s shoes that were any more essential or stylish, they drop the Florsheim Fuel Reflect Capsule, a new, ultra-shiny and sleek set of dress shoes with some futuristic iridescent design touches. Perfect for, again, that last-minute holiday party. I covered it for The Manual, so check it out if you’re in need of some stylish dress shoes.
- Now, we’ll turn back to GearMoose for another crucial holiday gift suggestion. I didn’t pen this particular piece, but that doesn’t mean I’m any less enthralled by this roundup of the best gifts for whiskey lovers — perfect to gift to the guy who loves a great Old Fashioned.
- Lastly, it’s been a momentous year for music – favorite albums of mine included two ethereal releases from Brooklyn indie rockers Big Thief (that’d be both “Two Hands” and “U.F.O.F.”), as well as the excellent “Remind Me Tomorrow” by the lovely Sharon Van Etten. Of course, it goes without saying that “I Am Easy To Find” by The National is an all-time favorite, too. That being said, it’s always fun to read about the best albums of 2019 from a different perspective — in this case, Stereogum has put together a list of the top 50 albums of 2019, and it’s certainly worth your time.
So, maybe you’re still searching for the perfect last-minute gift, as we talked about above — with all that being said, maybe you know someone who’d love to have, say, the best pair of men’s jeans waiting for them under the tree? That’s where the Mott and Bow Slim Stone Denim comes into play, some of the most stylish jeans you can buy (and some of the more affordable premium jeans on the market, at that). Alright, enjoy and let’s get onto the weekend!