In recent years, the classic crewneck sweatshirt, the traditionally gym-centric style, has undergone a mdern resurgence — and I’m here to tell you that yes, you can wear your new favorite crewneck sweatshirt just about anywhere this winter, and you can do so with the rest of your winter style essentials. Can you wear it to the office? Yes, definitely. Out for drinks on the weekend? Assuredly. To get coffee and stroll through the park? Most definitely. So that’s where we’ll start today’s #OOTD, and we’re going to specifically focus on the new Mott and Bow Hooper French Terry Crewneck (which also happens to be a wise pairing with slim Mott and Bow denim, while we’re at it). But back to the matter at hand — what exactly makes the crewneck sweatshirt so versatile for wearing beyond the gym? In this case, it starts with the tailored fit, the minimal color (navy is shown here), and the material & construction from Mott and Bow — French Terry cotton is high-quality but casual, which makes it an excellent complement to a timeless Oxford shirt and classic twill trousers as shown below. So that initial combo (alongside the Taylor Stitch Vertical Jacket) means you can take this look to the office then out to drinks afterward, just as easily as you can start from scratch on the weekends when you’ve got a full day out and about. As you’ll see, touches like rugged Chelsea boots give this look more than a touch of winter-ready functionality, and an equally rugged leather watch stands up to the heartier style demands of winter. So again, where you can take the Mott and Bow Hooper French Terry Crewneck? Just about anywhere you like, naturally. Read on for the full look.
- The Crewneck Sweatshirt: Mott and Bow Hooper French Terry Crewneck, $89 — When you start off your #OOTD with a classic crewneck sweatshirt from Mott and Bow — one that happens to be minimal and refined — there’s no telling where you can go (again, yes, even to the office!).
- The Oxford Shirt: Flint and Tinder Soft-Washed Oxford, $96.98 — The thing that really makes this outfit work? A crisp, classic Oxford shirt from Huckberry that punches up your #OOTD quite a bit, making it even more versatile.
- The Jacket: Taylor Stitch Vertical Jacket, $248 — Looking for a piece of outerwear that functions as the perfect travel jacket — for your commute or elsewhere? It could be the highly versatile, dependable, seriously cool Taylor Stitch Vertical Jacket — it offers just enough warmth on chilly days.
- The Pants: Faherty Brand Comfort Stretch Twill Trousers, $148 — For heading to the office or heading out on the weekend, get some classic twill trousers — this pair from Faherty Brand will wear like your favorite jeans while providing the polish of slim chinos.
- The Boots: Taylor Stitch Ranch Boots, $312.98 — It’s a doubleheader of gear from Taylor Stitch today, and those rugged Chelsea boots shown above are simply some of the best winter boots you’ll find — versatile enough to wear with classic twill trousers, durable enough to step through the snow.
- The Watch: Bertucci A-2TR Vintage GMT, $216.98 — What exactly does this look need? Why, a rugged leather watch, of course — one that’s stylish and dependable enough to wear from day to night, and the Bertucci A-2TR Vintage GMT fits the bill nicely. It’s your new favorite leather watch.
- The Grooming Essential: Duke Cannon Working Man’s Face Wash, $14 — Keeping your grooming essentials in check is crucial, and one of the best men’s face washes can clear up and enliven your skin through the doldrums of winter. Duke Cannon simply gets the job done.
- The Wallet: Tanner Goods Utility Bifold, $100 — No matter where you’re heading or what’s on the docket, you need a stylish leather wallet as part of your everyday carry — it helps that the Tanner Goods Utility Bifold looks great and ages nicely the more you use it.
OK, so that’s how to wear your new favorite crewneck sweatshirt .Now, does this look work when you wear your trusty athletic logo crewneck? While those are all well and good to keep on hand for game days, the real key here is the Mott and Bow Hooper French Terry Crewneck — it’s slim, minimal and versatile enough to wear lounging on your couch or at home. Of course, this look gets an office-ready lift from the classic Oxford shirt from Huckberry (unbutton those buttons for a bit of devil-may-care style). Yet, the option as to where you’re heading wearing this outfit is entirely yours, seeing as the classic twill trousers shown here from Faherty Brand have the styling potential of jeans and the look of slim chinos. Naturally, that makes them the perfect pair of pants to match up with the winter-minded Taylor Stitch Ranch Boots — slip them on, then get out the door and get where you’re going (be it the office or a new distillery). What’s on your wrist is also important here, and the Bertucci A-2TR Vintage GMT is sharp enough to wear to the office, yet casually rugged enough to throw on during your off-duty pursuits. As ever with our #OOTD series, the little details matter, and using one of the best men’s face washes before you step out the door in the morning is vital, too — Duke Cannon knows how to make some of the best men’s grooming essentials out there. Naturally, the finishing touch is the Tanner Goods Utility Bifold — a critical part of your everyday carry, without a doubt. So, this look should work just as hard as you do. To see how I’m stying my own winter #menswear, head to my Instagram. Thanks for reading!