When spring weather comes knocking on your door — be it on a blustery weekend or before a casual day at the home office — you best be prepared to get out there and get after it. That’s why we’re telling you all about your new favorite spring jacket today on the blog. A brief spoiler: It’s a rugged chore coat that just so happens to be highly versatile, seeing as it can both replace your blazer and act as an able-bodied companion when dressing to head to your favorite brewery for a delicious (to-go!) spring beer. The key with this ensemble, as with most entries in our #OOTD series, lies in the fact that you can blend these pieces seamlessly all season long, no matter where you’ve got to go. So, you’ll find reliable numbers like a classic Oxford shirt, to go along with rugged leather boots and a dependable dive watch (to be more specific, a durable pilot chronograph). Slim chinos are also along for the ride here, which is part of the reason this look can work at the office or at home. Heck, when you’re dropping that kind of cash on spring style essentials, it’s in your best interest to make sure said gear is as versatile as possible, right? Right. Now, I won’t spoil the rest of this #OOTD, so keep scrolling to check out your new favorite gear for spring.
- The Jacket: A.P.C. x Carhartt WIP Michigan Chore Coat, $425 — Made with rugged technical canvas, this tough chore coat from the A.P.C. x Carhartt WIP collab fits the bill as far as your new favorite spring jacket goes. It’s a cool workwear jacket that’ll give you plenty of seasonal mileage.
- The Shirt: Buck Mason Perfect Oxford One-Pocket Shirt, $95 — To pair with your rugged chore coat, reach for a classic Oxford shirt in a similar (but unique!) color palette — Buck Mason delivers time and again when it comes to the best Oxford shirts, and this one is no exception.
- The Tee: Buck Mason Slub Curved Hem Tee, $35 — For essential spring layering, it gets no better than a Buck Mason T-shirt, made with slub fabric in a perfect wash. It’s one of the best men’s tees for spring, and layering it here with your classic Oxford shirt gives your look a bit more visual interest.
- The Pants: Wellen Standard Chinos, $88 — Slim chinos in a neutral color that just so happen to be stylish and sustainable? Those sound like some of the best men’s chinos to finish off this #OOTD, right? Right.
- The Boots: HELM Boots Zind Boots, $350 — Because there’s a chance we’re still dealing with blustery spring weather, rugged leather boots from HELM Boots are the way to go. It’s also helpful to know that you can get $50 off your first purchase, plus free shipping, if you shop now — right? Agreed!
- The Watch: Centric Instruments Lightwell Pilot Chronograph, $330 — This outfit is packed with everyday, reliable classics, from rugged leather boots to a classic Oxford shirt, so you might as well keep it going with a durable pilot chronograph in a refined design.
- The Best Men’s Cologne: Duke Cannon x Budweiser American Lager Solid Cologne, $25 — That’s right, I’m calling this classic solid cologne from Duke Cannon x Budweiser some of the best men’s cologne your money can buy. The Cedarwood scent is versatile and fitting for spring, too.
- The Everyday Carry: Filson Dryden Briefcase, $175 — No matter where your work day or weekend takes you, you can’t go wrong with a rugged briefcase from Filson to round out your everyday carry essentials.
Alright, my friends — did this ensemble give you some ideas as to how to wear your new favorite spring jacket? Possibly? I sure hope so — it’s geared up to help you get out there and explore this spring (or just hang at your local bar or coffee shop when the time comes). Complementary picks like one of the best Oxford shirts add even more versatility and go-anywhere style, while some of the best men’s chinos make this look just a bit sharper. Lest we forget, you’re also going to be rocking one of the best men’s tees for spring for added layering and warmth on chilly days. What’s more, your accessories are also on-point — a classic stainless steel dive watch helps out with that, as does the tough-as-ever Filson Dryden Briefcase (it’s a hit whether on the road or working from your favorite coffee shop). Accent this entire look with a true seasonal grooming essential: A classic solid cologne from Duke Cannon x Budweiser, sure to impress anyone who’s in your immediate vicinity. When taken all together, this look is rugged, classic and dependable — exactly the kind of style you want this spring. To see how I’m dressing this season, head to my Instagram.