Picture it now: You’r’e dreaming of getting back out to your favorite brewery or rooftop bar, scheming all the while and planning to wear some of the best new men’s gear. But for now, things are ever-so-slightly different as you celebrate Cinco de Mayo at home — the ensemble remains the same, the style points are there, and yet you’re going to be hanging at home for a while more. What are you going to wear? To me, it’s simple — one of the best men’s T-shirts is the right way to get into the spirit of spring, worn in a way that’s cool, casual and ready for (almost) anything. And today’s T-shirt in question? As you’ll see, it’s coming at ya courtesy of Buck Mason, and it could assuredly be the perfect spring T-shirt. We’re going to wear it in a way that’s cool and casual enough to hang at home, with the assurance that this #OOTD will more than pull its weight when its time to finally visit your favorite brewery again. The difference makers here are all classic spring style at its finest, from a rugged chore coat as your top layer to the comfortable-yet-laidback chinos you can wear to work from home or to dash out as you pick up some ice-cold beer (you’ll see we’ve included a GrowlerWerks growler below, at that). Just because your routine is different is no excuse for letting your style slip, as we continue to say here on The Style Guide. If you tend to agree (and I hope you do!), then ideally, you’ll enjoy this mash-up of spring style essentials to be worn at home now … and on the road eventually. To let me know your thoughts on this look, head to my Twitter. Thanks for reading!
- The Classic Tee: Buck Mason Slub Curved Hem Tee, $35 — When in doubt, it’s best to start your spring #OOTD with a classic men’s T-shirt, one that’s made with both visual interest and premium fabric in mind. The Buck Mason Slub Curved Hem Tee is precisely one of the best men’s T-shirts to add to your wardrobe.
- The Jacket: Flint and Tinder Chore Coat, $178 — As previously seen on the blog, this is one of the most rugged men’s chore coats you’re apt to get your hands on this season, and it’s the perfect spring layer atop something as simple as a slub T-shirt. Can you say easygoing spring style? Bingo.
- The Chinos: Wellen Standard Chinos, $88 — The right pairing with this ensemble? It could very likely be some of the best men’s chinos, ones featuring a laidback-yet-polished fit and sustainable fabric.
- The Boots: Rhodes Footwear Dylan Chukka Boots, $150 — Leave the rugged lace-up leather boots at home this time — these sleek, casual chukka boots are the right way to go, and they’re some of the best boots for spring you can step into, no doubt about it.
- The Belt: Flint and Tinder 365 Belt, $85 — Yes, to go with that pair of chinos we mentioned above, reach for a rugged leather belt — a truly unique and high-quality Flint and Tinder leather belt, no less.
- The Watch: Timex Navi XL Watch, $155 — Whlie you can certainly wear just about any one of your favorite watches with this look, this rugged Timex watch seems to do the trick — laidback, casual yet effective.
- The Hat: Howler Brothers Sunset Snapback, $30 — The right way to top off this casual #OOTD, at least in this case, is with a casual ballcap from Howler Brothers — simple as that.
- The Essential: GrowlerWerks uKeg 64oz. Copper Growler, $129.98 — Bear with me a moment — you might not have one of the coolest growlers on your list for spring, but if you’re lucky enough to be able to pick up draft beer to go from your favorite brewery or beer bar, then the GrowlerWerks uKeg Copper Growler is the best way to enjoy your beer at home — that’s nearly a guarantee.
What at first might seem simple on the surface — you’re just wearing a T-shirt, after all — actually gets a heck of a step up here thanks to what you’re pairing it with. In this case the excellent Buck Mason Slub Curved Hem Tee is a crucial first step. This tee then gets some spring-friendly layering with a tough chore coat for breezy spring evenings hanging at home (or days when you want to swap out your blazer when working from home). From there, we keep things casual and comfortable, starting with a breezy pair of the best men’s chinos for expert WFH style — keep in mind, this outfit can be worn to a casual office when the time comes to go back. And because we’re all about the right style picks for spring, I’d wager that you’re going to get plenty of use out of the best boots for spring, at that. Another necessary complement to those classic suede chukka boots? Why, a rugged leather belt for the ultimate in casual style. And in keeping with the theme of this #OOTD, why not try out a rugged Timex watch as you go about your day? It seems Timex never fails (at least, that’s my take). To quite literally top off this look, reach for a casual ballcap from Howler Brothers. And the ultimate finishing touch? A pint of your favorite beer, served from your GrowlerWerks growler and kept ice-cold & fresh until you can pay homage to your favorite brewery in person. How does this #OOTD look? To me, it looks like spring. Thanks again for reading, my friends, and stay safe!