If ever you read other series from the blog, like our Friday Read, then you’re surely aware that your humble menswear editor loves a delicious craft beer — in addition to a hearty pour of men’s style essentials. Even better than that? Bringing it all together through the art of exploring a new city or borough, finding a brewery — or whiskey bar — and sampling the local wares while dressed in style (a la today’s #OOTD!). To me, it’s a whole experience — and one should prepare accordingly, hence the theme of today’s (hopefully fun) look. If you’re not the sort to imbibe in beer, whiskey or wine, then the below ensemble can still work for, say an outdoor hike or art gallery visit. Really, this warm, stylish look works any time you want to rotate a few more off-the-wall pieces (like a Stetson hat!) in place of your favorite essentials.
The underlying point is that from the rugged Faherty Brand CPO Jacket to the classic Taylor Stitch chambray shirt, we’re blending styles you already know with gear you might not have tried (like the easy-wearing Proof Rover Pants). In sum total, the result is an #OOTD that’s pleasingly eye-catching and warm, while also fitting in stylistically with the typically rugged, industrial vibes of a brewery or a distillery. Sounds good to me — how about you? To keep an eye on what I’m sipping — and what I’m wearing — be sure to follow yours truly on Instagram.
- The Crucial Layer: Faherty Brand Blanket-Lined CPO, $168.98 — A warm outer layer that gives this outfit some rugged appeal. Easier to with the Stetson hat than a suit, I’d say!
- The Shirt: Taylor Stitch Everyday Chambray Shirt, $98 — A rugged chambray shirt adds the right blend of casual and classic to this #OOTD.
- The Classic Hat: Stetson Brazos Hat, $98 — So, this classic Stetson hat is one of the more unique headwear options we’ve featured on the blog … but if you’re at a rugged microbrewery or enjoying an upstate weekend retreat and want to switch it up, go for it.
- The Pants: Proof Rover Pants, $98 — These pants have it all, from a neutral color palette to performance-ready, moisture-wicking fabric and a slim fit.
- The Boots: Danner Jack II Brogue Boots in Dark Coffee, $220 –These are the stylish leather boots to wear to a whiskey bar or brewery — they’re sleek, well-made and crafted to break in.
- The Socks: Danner Midweight Merino Crew Socks, $17 — A performance-minded counterpart to your handsome dress boots, your feet will thank you for that combo.
- The Stylish Leather Watch: Laco Aachen 42 Watch, $369 — An outfit like this calls for an equally bold, rugged leather watch. The Laco Aachen 42 Watch is a new classic.
- The Everyday Carry Essential: Taylor Stitch Minimalist Billfold Wallet, $98 — A pleasingly crafted, slim leather wallet that’ll age well on your adventures.
Hopefully, you can see how this #OOTD might work to wear to a brewery or a whiskey bar — it’s casual yet sharp, visually interesting and unique while still being seasonally appropriate. It’s always helpful to build your outfit around a warm outer layer like the rugged Faherty Brand CPO Jacket,while the crisp Taylor Stitch Everyday Chambray Shirt is rugged and perfectly matched for an afternoon or evening sampling delicious craft beer. Perhaps the coolest part of this outfit (in the opinion of your humble editor)? It’s gotta be Stetson Brazos Hat, a truly unique change of pace that adds some old-school flair to this look. Bonus? It just looks like something you’d wear to knock back a few rounds. For mobility and versatile style to move from brewery to brewpub to taco truck (just me?), the Proof Rover Pants are going to wear like jeans and move like chinos. They’ll sit quite nicely atop the surprisingly refined Danner Jack II Brogue Boots, as good as it gets when it comes to the best men’s boots for winter — agreed? And pieces like the classic, truly timeless Laco Aachen 42 Watch are going to stand up to whatever your day has in store — while keeping your flight-tasting session in check. Lastly, since you’ll be on your feet all day, comfortable socks are harder to come by than you’d think — that’s why I vouch for these Danner socks so much. Last but not least, you’re going to need to bring your wallet with you — might as well make it a stylish leather wallet from the great folks at Taylor Stitch, right? So, that’s going to wrap up this #OOTD. The key takeaway here? Heading to a brewery or a cool cocktail bar can be every bit as great a chance to flex your rugged style favorites as more adventure-minded, outdoors-y winter style pursuits. Prepare accordingly, and bring me a beer while you’re at it, will ya?
When you go to your favorite bar or brewery, how do you dress? Let me know on Twitter!