You best believe I’ll be packing summer style essentials from brands like Taylor Stitch on the trip, and I’ll also be looking forward to sipping on some fresh craft beer and of course, chowing down on a few hearty burgers right off the grill. What’s on your agenda for these strange and trying times? I can only hope it involves rest, relaxation, and of course … the Friday Read we’ve got outlined below. In search of new artwork for your home or a new, cool beer glass? Those tidbits can be found below (keep scrolling!). It also seems like as good a time as any to kick back with some relaxing summer jams — I put together this WFH playlist earlier this year, but now would be the right time to enjoy some laidback listening around the bonfire, right? Yes, indeed (think Yo La Tengo, Alvvays & Big Thief, to name a few!). Keep on scrolling for more from the world of menswear and beyond, and I’m wishing everyone a very happy Fourth of July weekend. Stay safe out there, folks!
- To kick it off: Here’s a quick note for all you shopping-minded folks this weekend. You can get 40 percent off at Freemans Sporting Club, the inimitable NYC menswear brand, with the code FIREWORKS. That’s right, 40 percent off at Freemans Sporting Club with the code FIREWORKS. We’re talking the best men’s T-shirts, the best men’s chore coat … and plenty more.
- Looking for ways to upgrade your home decor? Or are you on the hunt for artwork that channels the inspiration of the open road? Perhaps this Fourth of July weekend, it’s a little bit of both — ehh? Head on over to GearMoose to check out what Taylor Stitch has been up to. To be more specific: One of your favorite menswear brands commissioned Midwest photographer Jack Ludlam on a series of limited-edition prints that perfectly channel rugged, outstandingly cool style. Check out more via my latest for GearMoose, then shop for a new print for your home ASAP.
- Let’s talk for a second about beer to drink this weekend — or rather, a new beer glass to buy as you imbibe your favorite craft beer for the Fourth of July and beyond. The good folks at Huckberry are now selling the seriously cool Whiskey Peaks Beer Glass, featuring a topographic impression of Yosemite National Park’s Half Dome. Is it one of the coolest beer glasses around — for this weekend and well beyond? Yes, sir — no doubt.
- We just talked about the best glass for your beer, so … wondering what to sip on this weekend? In my mind, that’s easy — you’re going to want the aptly named Anchor Liberty Ale, an iconic craft beer that’s meant to be enjoyed during a hot day on the boat or a cool evening around a bonfire. Heck, if you’re in the San Francisco area, use the handy Anchor Beer To Go feature for curbside pick-up — those outside the Bay Area should head toward the Anchor Beer Finder to find this legendary beer elsewhere. Brewed 45 years ago to honor the 200th anniversary of Paul Revere’s famed midnight ride, this is a classic craft beer worth enjoying again and again.
- If you’re not about the most sustainable menswear around, well, you should certainly change that approach. It gets all the easier when you consider Wellen from my good friends at Huckberry. This surf-and-sun brand channels laidback summer style to a “T,”‘ as you might have read about on the blog in the past. With that being said, I rounded up the best style essentials from Wellen for GearMoose — give it a read, then stock up accordingly.
That’s just about going to wrap it up for me today, folks. But wait … I’m going to leave you with one last Fourth of July style suggestion. You need to have some cool boat shoes on your feet this weekend, and better yet, you need to know how to wear boat shoes in the best way possible for the rest of summer. That’s where this #OOTD comes into play — in fact, the Todd Snyder x Sebago boat shoes featured in that piece are some of the most unique ones I’ve seen in recent memory. I hope you feel the same, and I hope you enjoy time with family & friends this weekend. Thanks for reading — next round’s on me!