As the summer months roll on in a socially distanced fashion, perhaps you realize you’re running out of ways to wear, let’s say, your favorite boat shoes. That’s what we’re here to fix today. From the right way to wear a henley to the best way to wear a polo for summer, rest assured that we’ve got plenty of style inspiration to pull from today — even if you think you’ve seen it all when it comes to summer boat shoes. The crucial first step? Finding the right pair, and that’s before you even think about putting together an ensemble. In that regard, I think you’re going to like today’s pick from Todd Snyder x Sebago — the update is a fittingly all-American take on classic boat shoes, one that feels fresh and modern without overdoing it. That means these boat shoes can stand up to time on the dock or the waterfront, and they’ll look great when you’re back on dry land, kicked up with a cold beer in hand. We’ll step away from the routine a bit though as far as the rest of your summer style essentials. In this instance, that means we’re layering up one of the best short-sleeve shirts for summer atop a classic white tee — rather than going for a more standard polo. And once you’ve found the best dive watch, the right sunglasses and a cool cap, I’d say you’ve got the makings of a perfect summer look (even if everyone’s routines are different these days). But again, it all starts with the stylish boat shoes on your feet. Get ready accordingly, starting with the full look below. Thanks for reading!
- The Boat Shoes: Todd Snyder x Sebago Portland Boat Shoes, $145 — Did your summer boat shoes just get a whole lot cooler? Thanks to the Todd Snyder x Sebago collaboration, they sure did. These unique boat shoes in a cool white colorway are almost more like dress shoes, so style ’em dressed up or down. Easily some of the best boat shoes you can slide into now.
- The Short-Sleeve Shirt: Taylor Stitch Short-Sleeve Jack Shirt, $98 — Make no mistake, you could also rock your favorite polo here, but why not switch things up a bit and step out wearing one of the best short-sleeve shirts for summer? Naturally, Taylor Stitch knocks it out of the park once again.
- The Stylish T-Shirt: Wellen Hemp Tee, $36 — Yes, we’re pairing up your new favorite short-sleeve shirt with, well, your new favorite T-shirt. Wear your short-sleeve shirt unbuttoned for breezy style.
- The Versatile Summer Shorts: Buck Mason Vintage Deck Shorts, $85 — Summer weekends call for some of the most versatile shorts for summer, especially when you could be summoned from the water at a moment’s notice. These Buck Mason shorts are both swim trunks and stylish summer shorts, so stock up accordingly.
- The Watch: Marathon Jumbo SAR Watch, $950 — For summer excursions that call for a bit of everything, a seriously rugged dive watch (one that can, y’know, handle the water) is exactly what you need. Luckily, this is one of the best summer watches, guaranteed.
- The Everyday Carry: Billykirk No. 540 Standard Issue East-West Tote, $155 — Now available in a brand-new Teal colorway, this tough tote bag from my friends at Billykirk is an absolutely critical way to haul your everyday carry essentials this summer.
- The Hat: Huckberry Explorer’s Cap, $40 — The right summer style essentials can take an outfit from good to great, and the best men’s ballcap can even add a bit of rugged flair — such is the case with the Huckberry Explorer’s Cap, a longtime personal favorite.
- The Sunglasses: Tens Weston Sunglasses, $109.18 — I’ve been lucky enough to test out the rugged and seriously cool Tens Weston Sunglasses as of late. The brand’s immersive lens experience (they truly change the colors and landscapes you see!) is downright cool, so go ahead and pick these up now.
Yet again, just when you thought you’d seen it all when it comes to boat shoes, I hope this #OOTD was able to change your mind a bit. It’s critical that you build from the ground up with nothing less than the best boat shoes, a truly unique pair from Todd Snyder and Sebago in a fresh white color. Those boat shoes are grounded by the rest of the outfit, which still manages to break free from the everyday — I’m referring, of course, to the rugged short-sleeve shirt from Taylor Stitch, worn breezy and open atop your new favorite T-shirt for all-day summer style (this look would work especially well if you’re wondering what to wear for the Fourth of July!). That combo really gets taken up a notch when you consider the fact that you’re wearing some of the most versatile shorts for summer — the sort of shorts you can wear to swim, grill or hike without missing a beat. Things get even better, though — your rugged dive watch provides similar versatility for day-to-night style, while a tough tote bag from Billykirk helps to haul absolutely every single thing you need for a socially distanced summer day. Naturally, the crucial Huckberry Explorer’s Cap helps top everything off in functional summer style, while the incredibly innovative Tens sunglasses shown here are also a fitting seasonal move. Have questions on what to wear this summer, or on any of the above items? Hit me up on Twitter. Thanks for reading!