My friends, today’s rundown of fall style essentials begs the question: Is there a way to wear a classic crewneck sweatshirt that’s more stylish than, say, the old-school gym class crewneck? The answer is decisively yes, so come along for the ride as we talk about how to wear a crewneck sweatshirt this fall. Yes indeed, join us once more another ultra-stylish #OOTD as we cover how to dress for fall for guys — the right way, naturally. It all starts with one of the best crewneck sweatshirts for men, and it helps if you know where to go. Today’s pick is from Todd Snyder + Champion, a fruitful collaboration that’s produced vintage-inspired menswear for the modern man over the years, including the Todd Snyder + Champion sweatshirt you’re about to view below. When you start with a rugged-yet-refined crewneck, then build around it, you’re going to love where you can go this fall. This #OOTD is the kind of look that works for a responsible fall bonfire, a day trip to your fall retreat or a day bumming around the yard and at home (consider adding a new record player to your cart for especially chilly fall evenings). When you see the supporting cast around this sweatshirt, including a one of the best men’s Oxford shirts, a James Bond-approved waxed jacket, expertly faded denim from Buck Mason and some of the best leather boots, you’re going to appreciate the ongoing arrival of fall. Happy shopping, my friends.
- The Sweatshirt: Todd Snyder + Champion Pocket Sweatshirt, $98 — For years, the Todd Snyder + Champion line has been churning out modern takes on rugged classics, like this classic crewneck sweatshirt. Buy it now & layer up.
- The Shirt: Everlane Japanese Oxford Shirt, $62 — Go on, add a little classic-yet-imperfect style to this #OOTD. For example: Ditch the tie and unbutton the collar on this classic Oxford shirt from Everlane.
- The Jacket: Rogue Territory “No Time To Die” Supply Jacket, $295 via UNCRATE — Yes, you read that right. This is the jacket worn in “No Time To Die,” the forthcoming James Bond film, and it’s one of the best men’s jackets for plenty of fall layering ASAP.
- The Denim: Buck Mason Maverick Slim Jeans, $145 — Fall is nothing if not the perfect time to get some slim denim in an expertly faded wash from Buck Mason.
- The Boots: FRYE Logan Captoe Boots, $478 — Bear with me here on that price tag, folks. The best men’s style for fall calls for the best leather boots you can buy, and the FRYE Logan Boots are the pair in question for standout seasonal style.
- The Socks: American Trench Silver Crew Socks, $16.50 — As with any #OOTD, the best boots for men call for the best men’s socks, and a comfortable, stylish pair of socks from American Trench is the right way to go.
- The Belt: Billykirk No. 288 Center Bar Belt, $99 — Believe me, when it comes to wearing your new FRYE boots, you want one of the very best belts for men. Billykirk delivers the utmost in craftsmanship and style with this classic brown leather belt.
- The Watch: Luminox Atacama Field Chronograph, $940 — Much like your FRYE Logan Boots or other gear picks today, you’re certainly going to be investing in this rugged leather field watch, but since it’s made by Luminox, it’ll pay off in spades.
- The Everyday Carry: Filson Rugged Twill Padded Bag, $425 — Perhaps it’ll be a long time before you head back to the office … but not so long before you pack up the car and hit the road. Bring this Filson rugged twill bag with your for your everyday carry gear.
If you ask me, when it comes this stylish fall look, the gang’s all here. That includes subtle-yet-stylish supporting picks like denim from Buck Mason, all the better for essential, comfortable fall style, and it holds doubly true when you consider the start of the entire ensemble. I’m talking about the Todd Snyder + Champion Pocket Sweatshirt, an undeniably cool and rugged fall sweatshirt that layers with ease over your Everlane Oxford shirt for classic style any day of the week. Somehow, it all gets better and more fitting for fall, though. That’s because the Rogue Territory Supply Jacket — again, one of the jackets worn by James Bond in “No Time To Die” — makes a seriously cool appearance alongside slim, faded Buck Mason denim. Consider the perfectly ruggged the FRYE Logan Boots a key part of this look, too — they’ll take you anywhere you need to go this season, I guarantee it.
But of course, your mix of comfort and style wouldn’t be complete with a pair of the best men’s socks via the good folks at American Trench (your feet will thank you). Of course, the only way to accessorize is the right way: With a rugged leather field watch and a correspondingly handcrafted leather belt from Billykirk. Well-done, folks. That’s hardly it, though. Your Filson rugged twill bag is the perfect companion to each and every fall adventure you have in mind. If I had to guess, that list is growing by the day. For now, stay safe out there and thanks for reading!