It’s here: Your finest hour, the best season of the year in menswear, and as great a time as any to dive into how to wear your leather jacket this season. The jacket in question, as you’ll see, is as recognizable a menswear classic as any: The Schott NYC Cafe Racer Jacket, which should prove incredibly easy to wear just about, well, anywhere this fall season. Heck, when you invest in one of the best leather jackets for men, you’ve got no excuse when it comes to making it work for you in plenty of style situations, as different as the world out there might still be. I’m thinking you can wear this rugged Schott leather jacket on a socially distanced road trip, on a day getaway to a quiet lakefront, coastal or country town, or just zipping around back home stocking up on coffee, beer and the best whiskey for fall — in style, naturally.
When it comes to rugged-yet-classic style, you’ll find an ever-versatile supporting cast, from one of the best denim shirts for men to one of the coolest men’s T-shirts, all helped along by some tough adventure boots and naturally, useful accessories like stylish Bluetooth headphones. Now, if that doesn’t get you in the spirit of fall style and fall layering, I’m not sure what will. To see how I’m dressing this fall, be sure to give me a follow on Instagram.
- The Jacket: Schott NYC Perfecto Cafe Racer Jacket, $830 via UNCRATE — Here it is: The famed Schott NYC Cafe Racer Jacket, easily one of the most revered and best leather jackets on the market. Perfect for fall layering. Snag it at UNCRATE now.
- The Western Shirt: Todd Snyder Denim Western Shirt, $198 — This rugged Western shirt from Todd Snyder is the ideal casual shirt for fall, what with its classic design and old-school feel.
- The Tee: Taylor Stitch Heavy Bag Graphic Tee, $45 — Shake things up with a cool, retro graphic tee done the right way from Taylor Stitch. Easily one of the coolest men’s T-shirts you can buy right now, and it’s easy to wear on its own, too.
- The Denim: Flint and Tinder Stretch Selvage Jeans, $148 — What wears more stylishly with one of the best black leather jackets than a pair of slim black denim in a classic wash, ehh?
- The Boots: Blundstone 150th Anniversary Boots, $205 — Pair up these rugged adventure boots with a sleek black leather jacket — Blundstone boots in a rich auburn color are perfect for just about anywhere this fall.
- The Belt: Billykirk No. 354 Braided Belt, $99 — Accent your slim black denim with one of the best leather belts for men from my friends at Billykirk. And don’t worry about matching this rugged black leather belt exactly to your Blundstone boots.
- The Watch: Vaer Watches A5 Field Automatic Watch, $449 — This #OOTD calls for a rugged field watch that’s versatile and durable enough for anything — Vaer Watches does it the right way, folks.
- The Hat: Huckberry Beanie, $28 — Hey, it might not be incredibly cold (yet) where you are, but this stylish Huckberry Beanie is one of the most affordable men’s hats around.
- The Headphones: Master & Dynamic MH40 Headphones, $199 — Whether on the road or at home, starting or ending your day, you need some of the best Bluetooth headphones in your life. It helps that these stylish Bluetooth headphones work nicely with the rest of this look (it’s all about the details, folks!).
- The Fall Beverage: Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon, $37.99 via Drizly — Fall could call for plenty of different adventures, from bonfire whiskey sips to evenings at home, so make sure Woodford Reserve Bourbon (one of the best bourbons for fall, assuredly) is on your shopping list and in your home bar cart. Even better? Get it delivered to your door via Drizly.
See, didn’t I tell you this look was going to be great — and perfectly suited for fall? Kicking off an #OOTD with something as iconic as the Schott NYC Cafe Racer Jacket is a bold move that’ll actually pay dividends (especially when you can wear this cool black leather jacket to events in the future, like a real, live rock concert when the time comes). I’m certainly all for layering up this Schott leather jacket with the kind of useful picks that’ll bring you a lot of mileage this season, from your favorite denim shirt to a retro graphic tee and a pair of slim black denim for versatility in fall style and adventures aplenty.
Speaking of adventures, your Blundstone boots are a reliable and dependable style move this season, and they work in expert fashion alongside underrated accessories — take a rugged field watch and one of the best leather belts for men, for starters. If you ask me, the most stylish way to stay warm in the fall chill is with a new Huckberry Beanie, and for road trips and park strolls aplenty, you should snag some of the best Bluetooth headphones for listening to your favorite music in style. What’s the ultimate pièce de résistance, though? Why, none other than Woodford Reserve Bourbon for rich fall cocktails and pleasingly refined fall sipping, folks (A reminder that Drizly can deliver it right to your door). A perfect fall #OOTD should work in harmony at each and every level, and that’s what this look does — all thanks to the Schott NYC Cafe Racer Jacket. Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter if you end up picking up this look.