If you’ve been checking your calendar and looking at the weather forecast as obsessively as I have, you’ve probably been keeping an eye on the best menswear you need in your wardrobe. Well, you’ll be glad to know we’ve entered September, which in my mind heralds what you might call “early fall,” and the chance to, as they say, really start dressin’. That’s where one of the best Oxford shirts comes into play — in fact, you’ll notice the headline gets right down to it. Your Flint and Tinder Oxford shirt — or perhaps, the one you might want to purchase today — is the right building block for a casually cool, versatile and rugged early fall #OOTD, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Although your early fall routines might involve sidewalk dining at a brewery versus hopping around from brewery to distillery and back home, today’s ensemble works well for when you want to (safely) get out of the house in style, be it on a secluded getaway or a day trip.
And when you just feel like putting on your new favorite shirt and teaming it with a rugged chore coat and stylish five-pocket pants — plus classic leather boots? Well, you’ve got all the pieces you need to amp up your early fall day. Remember, though: It doesn’t get off the ground without your Flint and Tinder Oxford shirt from the good folks at Huckberry. Check out the full #OOTD below, then chime in on Twitter to let me know what picks you like (or dislike). Cheers!
- The Shirt: Flint and Tinder Garment-Dyed Oxford Shirt, $88.98 — Get this Flint and Tinder shirt, one of the best Oxford shirts around, in a garment-dyed finish and a classic color. It nearly makes the entire #OOTD, does it not?
- The Chore Coat: Flint and Tinder Chore Coat, $124.98 — The coolest chore coat on the market also happens to be made by Flint and Tinder. Dress accordingly.
- The Pants: Buck Mason Khaki Slub Twill Officer Pants, $135 — Pleasingly casual-yet-sharp five-pocket pants in a soft cotton twill fabric. Possibly the perfect pants for early fall, in my opinion.
- The Boots: Rhodes Dean Boots, $220 — If you haven’t yet tried the excellent Rhodes Dean Boots from the good folks at Huckberry, now’s your chance. We’re talking surprisingly rugged dress boots with a tough, flexible sole and quality design.
- The Socks: American Trench Mil-Spec Sport Socks with Silver (4-Pack), $42.50 — Take your pick among any number of standout colors of stylish socks from American Trench. As a matter of fact, American Trench socks are my favorite on the market, and they work incredibly well for early fall.
- The Watch: Timex + Todd Snyder Marlin Watch, $199 — The hits keep coming for the Timex + Todd Snyder partnership, this time focused on a stylish brown leather watch with a handsome navy dial. Easily one of the best men’s dress watches.
- The Everyday Bag: Filson Rugged Twill Padded Computer Bag, $425 — Invest in the very best with this tough everyday bag that can handle just about anything, your computer (as needed) and everyday carry essentials alongside it. If you just feel like stocking up on to-go beer for now? It can do that, too.
- The Grooming Essential: Oars + Alps Face + Eye Cream, $22 — Start off fall on the right foot: With a nourishing, essential cream from one of the best men’s grooming brands — it’s designed to moisturize and fight aging & wrinkles on your face and around your eyes. Use the code BEAU15 to get 15 percent off your order, too.
Here we are at the tail end of another #OOTD, if you can believe it. How ready do you feel for the season ahead? Fall can be mighty unpredictable in terms of the weather and the changing seasons, so hopefully, this look gives you some options and some versatility. I don’t know much, but I do know that wearing a Flint and Tinder shirt in casual wash and classic fit is as great a way to start a look as any. Add in the fact that Flint and Tinder also happens to make the coolest chore coat, and you’ve got a winning combination up top for your next outdoor excursion or Zoom call in equal measure. To keep the casual-yet-rugged and versatile vibes going, that’s where Buck Mason pants come into play — they’re comfortable yet tough, and essential for multiple seasons (this one included).
You’re also getting some of the best men’s boots to really drive home fall style: The Rhodes Dean Boots check all the right boxes when it comes to design and functionality. The same can be said for your Timex + Todd Snyder watch, as easy to wear with this look as it is to wear with your favorite henley and faded blue jeans. It all comes together nicely when you add in a pair of American Trench socks for essential seasonal style. Add in the durability of a tough everyday bag and round things out with a face and eye cream from of the best men’s grooming brands, and the season is practically yours for the taking. Stay stylish and stay safe out there, my friends.