Folks, we’re back in business with a new #OOTD that covers a prime question this time of year. We talked last week about what to wear for Thanksgiving this season, so let’s stick with that theme right now, as we dive into what to wear for a casual holiday weekend this year. When I talk about the holidays, I mean, of course, the imminent Thanksgiving weekend and of course, the rest of these next weeks to come. Whether you hit the road wearing one of the best shirts for fall travel or whether you keep it laidback and socially distanced at home via Zoom, this #OOTD is the right way to go (trust me on that). And how exactly are you going to do that? Allow me, because it’ll get all the easier (and more laidback, and comfortable) when you wear one of the best men’s cardigans from Buck Mason — more on that below, but consider the rugged shawl cardigan your best friend when you want to look put-together and yet casual and cool all the same. Elsewhere, some exceedingly comfortable lounge pants are the right style move to keep it even more easygoing, and, well, you’ll just have to scroll through for the rest of this #OOTD below. Enjoy the weekend, stay safe & cheers!
- The Cardigan: Buck Mason Vintage Cashmere Shawl Cardigan, $225 — A classic shawl cardigan is your new go-to layer for blustery, breezy holiday weekends at home and on the road.
- The Long-Sleeve Tee: Todd Snyder Made in L.A. Long-Sleeve Jersey Tee, $78 — Head to Todd Snyder to get one of the best long-sleeve T-shirts for casual weekends aplenty this season.
- The Joggers: Grayers Frank Joggers, $88 — Folks, bear with me, because these slim jogger pants are anything but sloppy. In fact, for hanging out on Zoom, none will be all the wiser, thanks to the cool navy colorway. Not bad, right?
- The Sneakers: GREATS Royale Knit Gum Sneakers, $189 — Once more, whether you’re at home or on the road, some classic casual sneakers are a nice change of pace from either dress shoes (not with this look!) or slippers.
- The Watch: Timex Q Reissue Rose Gold Watch, $189 — Just because we’re keeping it casual doesn’t mean you can’t add a bit of retro flair to this laidback #OOTD with the much-loved Timex Q Reissue Watch, right? Right.
- The Grooming Essential: Oars + Alps Face Kit, $59 — Stay refreshed and on-point with your grooming this season, thanks to Oars + Alps. Use the code BEAU15 for a 15 percent discount, while you’re at it.
- The Weekend Sipper: Anchor Christmas Ale, $12.99 — The legendary Anchor Christmas Ale returns this year, and not a moment too soon. Get a six-pack delivered to your door (or your host’s house!) via Drizly as soon as you can.
- The Getaway Bag: Boarding Pass NYC “Work Hard, Play Hard” Duffel, $79 — If in fact you do hit the road for a safe getaway, bring along one of the best weekender bags for quick trips. Be sure to use the code BEAUKNOWS to get $10 off any purchase of $70 or more. Can’t beat that, right?
- The Home Essential: U-Turn Audio Orbit Special, $549 — On chilly fall and winter days at home, there’s nothing more I love than kicking back with a record on a high-quality record player like this one from U-Turn Audio. How about you? Can’t beat it.
As you no doubt have realized by now, the holidays are going to look mighty different this year for plenty of us, and yet, that’s no excuse to let your style slip. Hanging at home can be every bit as fun and stylish as a normal holiday, if you start out your look the right way: In this case, with a classic shawl cardigan from a trusted brand for the right blend of laidback style and comfort. Things stay polished and yet laidback with one of the best long-sleeve T-shirts, the kind you can even wear all on its own to put on another pot of coffee (seriously, Todd Snyder gear is that great). And if you’ve got to dash out of the house, you’ll be prepared no matter what with classic casual sneakers from GREATS Brand and of course, some cozy-but-not-sloppy slim jogger pants will tie it all together in prime casual style. If you ask me, the Timex Q Reissue Watch is an unexpected addition to this look, and it’s a nice move alongside, say, a bottle of the ever-delicious Anchor Christmas Ale for casual football viewing and hearty holiday meals this year.
If you do decide to hit the road, you should assuredly bring along one of the best weekender bags from Boarding Pass NYC (remember that discount code: BEAUKNOWS). Last but certainly not least, if the holidays see you staying at home, you could do worse for your evening than spinning some of your favorite records on a high-quality record player. Who’s in the holiday spirit now? To see how I’m dressing for the season, head to my Instagram, and if you pick up any of these gear picks, let me know over on Twitter. Cheers, folks!