Ever feel like your winter gear rotation could use a shot in the arm? Especially as we slog through February? That’s why we’re here today, and you’re going to like what’s in the mix. Naturally, it’s a cozy, warm and rugged Buck Mason chore coat on tap below, with the best of the rest as far as seasonal style is concerned. We’ve talked in the past about how to wear a bomber jacket for winter, among other styles you need in your winter outerwear rotation, but how about we mix it up a bit these days, ehh?
Naturally, we’ve got the right layers to go along with one of the best men’s jackets for winter, including a nicely executed take on one of best men’s flannel shirts for plenty of cozy, comfortable and yet versatile style. We’re also mixing in the sort of gear picks you can wear at home, back to the office or out on the road for a safe road trip, including classic olive chinos and of course, a pair of the most comfortable men’s socks you’ve tried on in some time. The accessories tie it together, your rugged leather boots keep you on your feet through the snow and the slush, and your everyday carry is as crucial as it gets to helping you power through winter in style. Heck, you’ll even be looking great to go along with this ensemble, because I’ve got a discount for you on some Oars + Alps face wipes, too.
Start things off with a standout jacket, and the rest will fall into place (at least, that’s how I feel about this look). Let me know on Twitter if you pick up any of these gear picks, and here’s to happy shopping.
- The Chore Coat: Buck Mason Felted Chore Coat, $225 — A blazer and a chore coat rolled into one sounds like one of the best men’s jackets for winter, correct? Yes indeed.
- The Shirt: Bonobos Lightweight Flannel Shirt, $58 — Get a heck of a deal on one of the best men’s flannel shirts in a rugged colorway; it’s the perfect layer to go along with one of the best men’s jackets for winter.
- The Chinos: Taylor Stitch Democratic Chinos in Organic Olive, $98 — Go with a versatile pair of classic olive chinos in a straight-leg cut that’s laidback, not baggy.
- The Boots: Rancourt & Co. Wolf Boots, $395 — The best bet with this ensemble is to lace up some of the best leather boots on the market, then wear ’em as often a possible.
- The Socks: Mack Weldon Cashmere Extended Crew Socks, $68 — Complement your rugged boots with some of the best socks for men on the market. Mack Weldon sure knows how to make ’em, and you can even get free shipping right now.
- The Watch: Timex American Documents Watch, $495 — A made-in-America watch from Timex is as fine a way as any to play off this #OOTD’s rugged-casual good looks, and it helps that this watch is ever-so-slightly dressy, too.
- The Grooming Essential: Oars + Alps Anti-Everything Pads, $16 — Whether at home or on the road, give your face a nice boost with these Oars + Alps face wipes. Oh, and you can use the code BEAU15 for 15 percent off right now.
- The Everyday Carry: Stuart & Lau Regimen Gym Bag, $395 at UNCRATE — As mentioned above, maybe you’re taking this look on the road or perhaps you’re hauling some essentials to and from the office. Either way, this stylish gym bag is the proper addition to your everyday carry.
Alright then, who’s ready to gear up for the rest of winter in rugged, versatile, go-anywhere style, ehh? Call me biased, but when your #OOTD starts off with one of the best men’s jackets for winter, and that jacket just so happens to be a rugged Buck Mason chore coat, I’d say you’re off to a strong start. It only gets better from there as far as fighting the cold in style, because your Bonobos flannel shirt is as fitting a winter layer as you’re apt to find these days. Keep things rolling in business casual or road trip-friendly style with classic olive chinos from a favorite brand, and rest assured that you’ll get anywhere you need to go quickly and easily thanks to some of the best leather boots, ones that are made in America, to boot.
They’re a fitting pairing alongside a new made-in-America watch from Timex, and things only get better in terms of your grooming and accessories, thanks to Oars + Alps face wipes and naturally, some of the best socks for men from another favorite brand. Last but not least, invest in a new Stuart + Lau gym bag over at UNCRATE, then reap the rewards as you haul your gear in style. From A-to-Z, this ensemble has you covered for the rest of the season, the right way. Again, happy shopping and thanks for reading!