Folks, the time to really start dressin’ for summer is here, and I’ve got just the ensemble you need now. Past #OOTD entries have covered a little bit of everything as far as rugged gear is concerned, from how to wear chukka boots this summer to how to layer a shirt jacket, and we’re going to keep that theme going with my guide on how to wear a henley this summer. It might seem simple on the surface, but we’ve got one of the coolest suede jackets along for the ride for some lightweight layering, plus your favorite pair of new chinos and much more. Think of it like the ideal #OOTD to wear when the occasion calls for classic, rugged style — perhaps a casual night out with “the guys,” as they say, or a long-awaited reunion with family and friends. When you want to channel laidback, casual cool, I think these style essentials are going to work perfectly.
Oh, and that’s not all we’ve got. I’m also including one of the best beers for summer from Brooklyn’s Threes Brewing, the kind that you can bring along to that backyard or patio hang — Threes delivers to more than 20 states, and you can use the code BEAU10 to get 10 percent off your order. So, to recap: Fresh summer beer, a rugged henley and much more. What’s not to love about that, right? Cheers to the season ahead, folks.
- The Henley: PAIGE Denim Harwood Henley, $89 — This cool, rugged #OOTD starts off the right way with an equally cool, rugged henley from PAIGE Denim. Call it one of the best men’s henleys around.
- The Jacket: Taylor Stitch Wyatt Jacket, $998 — Here’s the aforementioned stylish suede jacket, a perfect lightweight leather jacket for when the days get breezy or the sun goes down.
- The Chinos: Flint and Tinder Lightweight Stretch Chinos, $96.98 — The key here is that these lightweight chinos are cool-as-can-be, with plenty of polished style going for ’em. They’re your new favorite summer pants.
- The Chukka Boots: Rhodes Footwear Tyler Chukka Boots, $175 — Head back to Huckberry to get a pair of the best men’s chukka boots on the market, with durable style for days and days on end.
- The Socks: Mack Weldon Extended Cashmere Crew Socks, $68 — Splurge on your feet this summer with a pair of lightweight, comfortable, stylish cashmere socks. Mack Weldon won’t let you down.
- The Watch: Handley Watches Muse Watch, $230 — If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve surely seen me raving about the rugged appeal of Handley Watches. This stylish rubber-strap watch is casual, durable and yet perfectly stylish alongside this #OOTD.
- The Everyday Carry: Filson Dryden Ballistic Nylon Brief, $175 — No matter where your summer takes you, this rugged Filson Dryden Brief is a stone-cold, super-effective everyday carry essential.
- The Summer Beer: Threes Brewing Vliet Pilsner, $16 (Four-Pack) — When you show up to that BBQ or backyard hang, bring a fresh craft beer everyone will enjoy: The Threes Brewing Vliet Pilsner is one of my favorite beers for everyday sipping, and it’s even better that you can stock up on multiple four-packs using the code BEAU10 for 10 percent off your order of $50 or more online. Cheers to that, folks!
Are you all the more ready for summer now with this versatile #OOTD? I know I sure am, and I couldn’t be more excited about all the stylish potential this ensemble has, starting right from the get-go with rugged henley from PAIGE Denim. To me, that henley pairs up absolutely perfectly with that lightweight leather jacket from Taylor Stitch, and it gets even better when you throw on a pair of lightweight chinos to cement the casual cool and polish of this look. Keep your footwear on point with a pair of the best men’s chukka boots, which just so happen to be priced quite nicely at under $200.
You’re also keeping your summer style on point in lightweight fashion with a pair of stylish cashmere socks from Mack Weldon, the kind that won’t cause your feet to overheat. And your accessories are also going to get the job done in style, including a stylish rubber-strap watch from your new favorite watch brand, Virginia-based Handley Watches. To wrap it all up, haul your daily carry with the Filson Dryden Brief, then be sure to stock up on plenty of the best beer for summer from Threes Brewing (and remember: You can and should use the code BEAU10 for 10 percent off your order of $50). It’s all coming together, folks. Cheers!