Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
Well folks, we made it — reached the end of another week! Is it payday for you today? Don’t spend it all in one place, now. What are your weekend plans? It’s almost the start of what’s sure to be a busy summer travel season, and your hardworking team of one will have some great content coming your way on summer swimwear, summer suiting and travel accessories in the coming weeks — so stay tuned! In the meantime, this weekend’s Friday Read is big on content and low on anything boring. Enjoy!
- Gear Patrol dips its toes in the fashion waters with a roundup earlier this week of 10 fashionable field coats fit for the streets — it might be spring, but outerwear like that can definitely still come in handy (as would one of these jackets).
- In keeping with a theme of round numbers, my buddy Joe at Dappered dives into 10 summer style essentials for the well-dressed guy; it’s an excellent list worth keeping handy.
- Frank & Oak sits down with young-yet-talented leathermaker Maximum Henry Cohen of his namesake leather company and gets a neat look into his design and production process — along with his thoughts on all things #menswear.
- Long Read of the Week: While this is more a news item than anything, Verizon’s acquisition of AOL throws some interesting wrinkles into the mix for the communications industry and advertising (for all you AdWeek readers out there, I think).
Need more style content in your life?
- Did you catch this week’s profile and shopping roundup of prep and vintage-inspired clothing company Grayers?
- This week’s content on The Style Guide also featured ways to wear great T-shirts for spring and summer — have you read it yet?
- And lastly! I had the chance to catch up with my friends at Pistol Lake for a brand profile over on VOUCH Mag earlier this week.
What else would you like to see in The Friday Read? Or on the site in general? Let me know here!