Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
The first full week in June (always pleasing when a month starts on a Monday, right?) is in the books — pretty wild, yes!? My weekend plans include a little swing by Governors Ball on Sunday — really hoping the forecasted rain holds off! Have you laid out your weekend plans yet? If it includes in any online shopping, head here for some recent entries from menswear’s digital realm. And if it includes some light reading, check out what’s on tap below.
- The ever-vigilant and always solid crew at Dappered waded through the #menswear madness that is the 2015 Mr. Porter Summer Sale and rounded up a list of affordable, heritage-focused picks.
- Speaking of expensive menswear pieces, Brad Bennett of Well-Spent offers his picks for what he’d rather buy this month with rent money.
- The Wall Street Journal takes an anecdotal approach as to why the band-collar shirt is this summer’s must-have style pick-up for stylish dudes.
- Long Read of the Week: Stepping outside the realm of men’s style and fashion (for once), writer Adam Weymouth of Narratively takes us inside his life living afloat (literally) on the waterways of London.
Chomping at the bit for more menswear musings?
- I had the chance to chat with the founder of vintage watch site Theo & Harris earlier this week for VOUCH Mag.
- Earlier this week, I rounded up five outstanding swimwear options for guys this summer. Be sure to check it out and let me know if I missed any pairs!