Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
The big news out of Style Guide HQ this week isn’t, in fact, related to New York City at all. If you missed it earlier this week — I’m heading out to L.A. to catch up with a great high school & college friend, and I’m quite excited to be escaping the purported wrath of Hurricane Joaquin Phoen … err, Hurricane Joaquin … in the process. And the weather is starting to turn toward fall, too — great news if you’re the kind of guy who love thicker fall blazers and rugged henleys *raises hand*. It should still be nice to soak up some sun out West before really diving into fall shopping and style — and in that regard, look for some transitional style pieces and an exciting giveaway opportunity from my friends at Goorin Brothers in the next few weeks here on the blog! Before you fasten your seatbelt on your weekend adventures, get a load of the below snapshot of the #menswear world from this past week.
- HighSnobiety delivers a cheeky take on the streetwear terminology you need to know now — or you may already know it, if you’re into the #SneakerGame.
- Freakonomics examines how the belt — yes, the ever-ubiquitous belt — beat out suspenders as the preferred method to hold up your pants.
- Gant’s creative director and CEO share their vision for the future of the American sportswear brand and its third iteration, Gant Diamond G — a move that aims to build the brand’s base back up in America while adding a European edge.
- Style Read of the Week: There was, quite simply, too much going on in the world of style to not share this post from my friend Barron at Effortless Gent, who explains why you should definitely, definitely pick up a minimal dress watch.
Not done reading about menswear yet?
- Feast your eyes on my latest VOUCH Mag feature, covering the ridiculously high-quality, made-in-America offerings of Iron & Resin (Editor’s note: I can neither confirm nor deny that those buffalo-hide leather gloves will be part of a November giveaway. Not saying anything).
Yet again, I’d like to thank everything for taking time out of their day to read this site and peruse these posts. Wishing everyone a great (and reliably good-looking) weekend!