Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
As it’s finally Friday, I almost have all of my voice back following the aftermath of that insane, thrilling and incredible Michigan State-Michigan football game last weekend. If you missed the ending, well, you’re in for a treat there. And the football hysteria is actually set to continue for me this weekend, because as luck would have it, I’m hitting the road back to East Lansing for a weekend spent with friends on the best campus in the country (in my humble opinion). I’m also getting the chance to go back to my hometown of Mason, a lovely place where time really slows down — that’ll be a welcome change of pace from New York City. And it’s always great to get back to your roots. But for matters in the present, we’ll catch you up with some of the best #menswear news of the week. On that note, thanks to all who participated in this week’s Goorin Brothers giveaway! Stay tuned for more giveaways in the coming weeks, and next week, look for a great product review of a nice fall timepiece, and a Q&A with the insightful and talented Megan Collins of Style Girlfriend. For now, enjoy your weekend — and thanks for reading!
- Selectism gets you up to speed on the latest from The Hill-side — a perennial favorite of this blog. These guys just launched their A/W ’15 collection and they’re getting ready to open up a new flagship shop, to boot.
- Think monk strap shoes are dead? Get Kempt offers 10 stylish pairs fit for tailored wear and dark denim alike.
- Lastly on the style front, get to know GQ’s favorite color of the season — camel — and all the ways to wear it outside of a topcoat.
- Long Read of the Week: Even if you don’t follow sports closely or have never placed a bet in your life, you might find this intriguing — VICE Sports went inside the tricky process of match-fixing, and those who work tirelessly to stop it. It’s quite the read.
Need more men’s style coverage to read?
- You might recognize the subject of my latest VOUCH Mag piece from this blog — JACHS NY produces modern takes on American classics, and the brand’s backstory is just as neat.