Editor’s note: Expect these posts once a week on Fridays — consider this a jumpstart on reading for your weekend downtime. Expect a mix of style and non-style content. For more entries, click here.
Incredulous as it might seem, Thanksgiving has passed and we’re fully into that shopping frenzy that seems to kick off (or continue) with Black Friday and Cyber Monday (a heads-up that some choice deals today are listed below the usual Friday Read). But before we launch into that madness, how was your Thanksgiving? I had a relaxing and lovely day with family in West Virginia — the train ride to get here was quite a long one, so it’s a good thing I had some stylish travel gear with me. Where is this weekend taking you? Wherever that might be, I hope it’s time well-spent with the ones you love. I’m thankful this time of year in particular for the chance to have a job that I love and pursue my passions through this blog — thanks so, so much for reading! Before you grab a turkey sandwich, check out our Friday Read as planned and get ready to do some shopping. Look for a Cyber Monday rundown after the weekend, and the regular ol’ Style Pick hitting tomorrow.
- Esquire put together a very well-done profile in this month’s print issue on late-night TV host Jimmy Fallon and how he’s handled the business of being, well, Jimmy Fallon every night in front of millions.
- In time for the holidays, Quoddy and Sperry Topsider team up on a “Made in Maine” collection that should prove fit for some Northeast exploration. The black-soled moc camp boot looks especially promising.
- Have some downtime this weekend? A few weeks back, Paste put together a list of the top 100 movies streaming on Netflix this month.
And now without further ado, a selection of some Black Friday deals & steals from a few choice brands…
- Frank & Oak — The noted Canadian menswear retailer is offering up to 65% Off, no code required, with new deals to follow for Cyber Monday.
- GREATS — The terrific Brooklyn sneaker retailer (read reviews here and here) is offering 20% off sitewide and launching the second edition of its sneaker collab with NFL running back Marshawn Lynch.
- Owen & Fred — Get $10 off your order of $30 or more at the popular menswear & home goods outlet with the code MURPHY (and read more on what to buy from the brand here).
- Florsheim — On the dressier side of things, get 20% off sitewide with the code LNKTG15 through the end of the day.
- Mott & Bow — Get 10% off orders over $96 w/ the code SMALL, get 20% off orders over $200 w/ the code MEDIUM and last but not least, 30% off orders over $300 with the code LARGE [and all you newbies can get 15% off your first order aside from those deals].
- JACHS NY — Get 50% off on Black Friday with the code THANKSGIVING, plus free domestic shipping on orders over $100 (read up on a nice cardigan from the brand at this link).
- J. Crew Factory — A Style Guide favorite, the brand is taking 50% off everything through November 29, with free shipping on orders of $50 or more with the code SHIPGIFTS (Editor’s note: Look for more picks from J. Crew Factory and Frank & Oak on Monday).
- Grayers — Another Style Guide favorite, get 25% off sitewide through Cyber Monday with the code CYBERSALE
- Combatant Gentleman — Everyone’s favorite affordable tailoring brand is in the midst of running 8 days of deals — check out the site for more, and catch up on a Combat Gent blazer review before you buy (if you please, that is).
- Baxter of California — The grooming experts are giving customers 25% off with the code HOLIDAY25, now through November 30 (before you buy, read more on the brand here).
- KOMONO — The noted watch & sunglasses retailer is taking 20% off & throwing in free shipping now through November 30 (read up on a great watch from the brand here).
- Richer Poorer — One of the best sock retailers in the business, the brand is giving folks 40% off sitewide now through Cyber Monday (get the lowdown on some essential no-show socks before you buy).
Keep in mind that this is but a fraction of deals out there, with more to come on Monday. Enjoy the weekend and thanks for reading!