We’re shaking up the format of our #OOTD posts just a bit this go-round — notice the ensemble full of men’s style essentials, now positioned at the TOP of the page. So, here we go. We’re getting into it with a classic, comfortable and well-made crewneck sweater from American Giant, a favorite brand. And we’re accenting it with plenty of casual fall style essentials, the sort of gear that’s going to work for a weekend of orchard or winery tours, a pub crawl, a trip upstate or just a laidback day lounging at home, watching some college football and doing a little yard work. Truly, the Danner Mountain 600 Chelsea Boots and casual layering pieces like your new favorite long-sleeve tee are going to get a ton of mileage in each of those scenarios. Why get all “dressed up” just to do those things? As we always say at The Style Guide, the small details matter, and this casual #OOTD gets plenty of ’em right (at least, that’s what I think). So, away we go!
- The Crewneck Sweater: American Giant Classic Crew in Navy, $94 — See, told you we’d start off with a tried-and-true essential. Soft fabric, an easy-to-layer fit and a rich, neutral Navy color make this a new fall and winter must-have.
- The Essential Long-Sleeve Tee: Jungmaven Baja Long-Sleeve Pocket Tee, $49.98 — Comfortable, casual and yet surprisingly good-looking — that’s what you get with the Jungmaven Baja Tee. Not your average long-sleeve shirt, to say the least.
- The Pants: Faherty Brand Comfort Twill 5-Pocket Pants, $148 — More casual than chinos, a bit more versatile than denim, more dressed up than sweatpants — these Comfort Twill 5-Pocket Pants have laidback weekend style written all over ’em, yet you can also wear them on a day hike or a trip upstate.
- The Rugged Fall Boots: Danner Mountain 600 Chelsea Boots, $170 — Blending the comfort of sneakers with the tough appeal and go-anywhere nature of hiking boots, the Danner Mountain 600 bridge that gap nicely.
- The Socks: Danner Work Midweight Merino Crew Socks, $17 — And to go with the Danner Mountain 600? Why, functional and comfortable Danner socks, of course. That’s the good stuff right there.
- The Belt: Filson 1-1/2” Leather Belt, $85 — Worried about matching the color of this stylish Filson belt to your boots? That’s the point of this #OOTD being so casual — don’t worry about it so much, my man.
- The Watch: Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 Compression Watch, $900 — Going to be doing some yard work or slamming a few beers? Rugged stuff either way — and the lovely Zodiac Super Sea Wolf is the way to go.
- The Vintage-Inspired Ballcap: Flint and Tinder Washed Cap, $40 — A recent addition to the Flint and Tinder line, the Flint and Tinder Washed Cap is like a “dad hat” … but much better, much cooler and less trendy.
- The Everyday Carry Essential: Bespoke Post Terra Box, $45 (When Signing Up for Bespoke Post) — Now, you might not need all of the gear in the Bespoke Post Terra Box — but if you’re heading out on a camping trip or doing some heavy-duty yard work, well, there you go.
How did we do with the new format of today’s #OOTD? Did you find it helpful to get ready for your next outdoor fall adventure? As I always say, when you build from the ground up with a classic, American-made sweater, it makes it all the easier to layer up in comfort and style with essentials like the Jungmaven Baja Tee. The casual-yet-crisp nature of the Comfort Twill 5-Pocket Pants makes this ensemble one that can go outdoors (day hike, anyone?) or to a round of burgers and beers — the same goes for the comfortable Danner Mountain 600 and even the excellent Danner Work Midweight Merino Crew Socks. I also maintain that you’re going to get a heck of a lot of use out of the stylish Filson belt — it’s a tough accessory that fits right in with fall and winter. Quick, check your wrist — are you wearinng a rugged everyday watch like the incredible (and investment-worthy) Zodiac Super Sea Wolf? If you haven’t thought about upgrading your off-duty watch, now’s the time to start. To top things off in exceptionally laidback style, go with a cool ballcap like the Flint and Tinder Washed Cap, then finish it all off with the supremely handy Bespoke Post Terra Box. Who’s ready to get out there and go? I sure am. As always, thanks for reading!