Don’t yet have a rugged henley in your closet? Or perhaps you do, and you’re in need of a new way to wear it? Dare I say, the BEST way to wear it? Allow me to introduce you to the Flint and Tinder Slub Waffle Henley, the lead pick in today’s #OOTD. When it comes to both comfort and warmth, the henley is a must-have for fall — particularly when done up in a cozy slub waffle cotton like this rugged henley here. And I think the #OOTD in question brings something a little bit different to the table. For starters, we’re layering it up with the ever-versatile Proof Strong Shirt, which gives this look a more polished feel. We’re also throwing in a dash of mobile, versatile with a pair of CIVIC chinos. What I’m trying to say is that you can take a staple layering piece like the Flint and Tinder Slub Waffle Henley and turn it into a look that’s as ready for the office as it is for Sunday brunch — truly. Add in stylish chukka boots and a go-anywhere watch, and you’re good to go … well, basically anywhere you want. How do you wear your henley for fall and winter? On a related note, you can (and should!) shop the best men’s henleys as soon as possible. Cheers, my friends!
- The Rugged Henley: Flint and Tinder Slub Waffle Henley, $62 — From the domestic sourcing and materials to the netraul, easy-to-wear color and rugged waffle construction, this henley is a winner.
- The Chambray Shirt: Proof Strong Shirt, $128 — A classic chambray shirt atop a henley is a fall and winter style move that simply works all the time, no doubt about it.
- The Pants: CIVIC Frank Chinos in British Khaki, $128 — We’re all about blending the basics with the classics — in this case, these CIVIC chinos have a bit of both.
- The Boots: Astorflex Greenflex Chukkas in Nubuck, $155 — A new addition to the Astorflex roster of stylish men’s boots, I love the Nubuck leather and durable look of these things.
- The Belt: Dango Products CNC-Machined Belt, $79 — Is there such a thing as a beastly belt? Yes, there is. The Dango Products CNC-Machined Belt is one-of-a-kind.
- The Socks: American Trench Merino Activity Socks with Silver, $19.50 — A classic, retro-inspired pair of socks? Check. Made with fabric designed to prevent odor? Check. The perfect pair of fall socks.
- The Watch: Momentum Watches Flatline 42 Fabric Watch, $195 — Every so often, you just need a dependable, rugged casual watch — the Momentum Watches Flatline 42 Fabric Watch gets the job done.
- The Essential Bag: Mystery Ranch 3-Way Briefcase, $150 — Although this Mystery Ranch bag is a little more rugged and casual than others on the market, that makes it a wise pick-up when it comes time to plan out fall adventures.
Now, does that sort out another #OOTD idea for fall and winter for you? On paper, this outfit might seem quite simple — the building blocks are just a henley and a chambray shirt, after all. But as we always strive to do here at The Style Guide, we want to amplify those pieces and go above and beyond — that’s why starting out with a classic, rugged henley like the Flint and Tinder Slub Waffle Henley is a better move than throwing on an average long-sleeve T-shirt. It follows, then, that the Proof Strong Shirt is a similar style upgrade, paired up quite nicely with the casual-yet-mobile CIVIC Frank Chinos for style that fits in at the brewpub or brunch … or on a casual fall Friday at the office. That same versatility applies to the truly excellent classic nubuck chukkas that comprise the footwear portion of this outfit. Throw in perhaps one of the best leather belts you’re ever going to buy, and your accessories are in great shape. That’s also the case with the Momentum Watches Flatline 42 Fabric Watch, a durable, laidback watch that takes care of business. Throw your everyday carry essentials into the Mystery Ranch 3-Way Briefcase, and you’ve got a recipe for success, whether you happen to be running errands, running to grab a coffee or heading out on a weekend trip. Where is this #OOTD going to take you? Let me know on Twitter, my friends.