Folks, it’s coming right up — we’re talking, of course, about Christmas. Perhaps you’ve made it through the holiday party gauntlet and are winding things down to enjoy the day at home … but I doubt it. No sir, this time of year calls for nothing but the best men’s style essentials, even if you’re simply relaxing with a small group of family or friends at home or on the road. And that’s where today’s #OOTD enters the fray. Just like dressing for a stylish winter weekend, even time off the clock calls for gear that’s warm, functional and … heck, just plain fun. So, that’s what we’re going with today. Whether you’re hosting a laidback dinner party, powering through a family game night or heading out for a Christmas round at your favorite brewery, this ensemble nods toward the season without forcing you to put on an ugly sweater. In fact, the stylish Faherty Brand cardigan pictured below is just the opposite.That’s also the case with the classic Faherty Brand flannel shirt that’s part of this look, too. The same can be said for the rest of our picks, right on down to the rugged leather boots and a slim leather wallet to help you get around with ease. Again, it’s all about staying polished and looking your best — Christmas is a special occasion, after all. To check out more holiday style suggestions, read our #OOTD series. Happy holidays!
- The Cardigan: Faherty Brand Marled Cotton Cardigan, $288 — Made with a blend of four types of cotton cashmere, this stylish sweater is rugged, easy to wear and made to keep you nice and toasty around the fire this Christmas.
- The Shirt: Faherty Brand Stretch Seaview Flannel Shirt, $128 — Just what the doctor ordered — a versatile, classic flannel shirt made from organic cotton in a pleasing pattern that nods toward the holiday season.
- The Classic Denim: Flint and Tinder White Oak Jeans, $98 — White Oak denim is gettting exceedingly difficult to come by — these are casual enough for home, sharp enough for work.
- The Classic Peacoat: Billy Reid Bond Peacoat, $695 — There’s nothing quite like the feeling you get when you put on an heirloom-quality coat — this sharp peacoat from Billy Reid will impress holiday guests and your co-workers, no question.
- The Boots: Thursday Boots Caramel Wingtip Boots, $220 — Thursday Boots continues to churn out arguably the best men’s boots you can buy. This pair of rugged leather boots is a stylish and functional holiday footwear move.
- The Socks: Anoymous Ism Indigo Cable Crew Socks, $40 — There’s no way around it — Anonymous Ism makes some of the best socks for men on the market. These are socks you can be proud of when you slip off your shoes.
- The Watch: Martenero Ace Watch, $411.98 — It wouldn’t be an #OOTD without a stylish leather watch. This Martenero watch is rugged and yet ever-so-slightly dressy.
- The Slim Leather Wallet: Tanner Goods Minimal Card Wallet, $40 — A refined stylish leather wallet that’s not bulky or hard to slide into your pocket — perfect for travel or for picking up that first (or second) round.
- The Stylish Scarf: American Trench Cashmere Scarf in Navy, $180 — This cashmere scarf is simply stunning in terms of quality and classic style — ideal for braving the chill as you head to a holiday party.
- The Grooming Essential: Dr. Roebuck’s Down Under Collagen Boosting Eye Treatment, $38 — The holiday season makes it far too easy to overindulge — but with this effective collagen-boosting eye treatment from Australia, you won’t look like you have.
Now, who’s ready for Christmas? I sure am — if you take the steps outlined in this #OOTD, I think you will be, too. Warm, comfortable and stylish layers will never steer you wrong, even if you’re only spending the evening at home with your significant other — that’s where Faherty Brand comes in. A rugged cotton cardigan is easy to layer over a classic flannel shirt, and that combo is tied together nicely with slim Flint and Tinder jeans featuring White Oak denim. Crisp blue denim is a reliable style option in any season, let alone the holidays — the same can be said for the stylish leather boots we’ve got on tap from Thursday Boots. They’ll provide both traction and style on slippery surfaces, and they’re complemented quite well by the refined nature of the Bond Peacoat from Billy Reid. On-point accessories are also a must, hence a stylish leather wallet and Anonymous Ism socks that’ll impress your guests. Staying warm shouldn’t fall by the wayside, either — an American Trench cashmere scarf provides both protection from the elements and a dash of refined style. And a collagen-boosting eye treatment is but a small way to add a little life to your grooming routine — no matter how much eggnog you have. How are you dressing for the holidays? Feel free to let me know on Twitter!